DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,720

Resale question?

I was looking at a listing that has 2013 points available but owner can not close until 9/13. Does that mean if I make an offer and it is accepted I can not make a reservation until after 9/13? Or can I ask the current owner to make a reservation for November me so I have that in place in the meantime? Also if it is a different use year does that mean I can not make a reservation with all my points pooled even if it is after the 7 month point?
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I was looking at a listing that has 2013 points available but owner can not close until 9/13.
1. Does that mean if I make an offer and it is accepted I can not make a reservation until after 9/13?
2. Or can I ask the current owner to make a reservation for November me so I have that in place in the meantime?
3. Also if it is a different use year does that mean I can not make a reservation with all my points pooled even if it is after the 7 month point?
1. You will not close on the contract until after that September date (they probably have a reservation for September). You cannot make a reservation until the contract has been transferred to your name in the Disney system, which will happen within a couple of weeks after closing.

2. Nope, any pending reservations will be wiped out when the contract is sold.

3. Different UY will mean a different membership number. You'll be able to see both memberships in your one DVC log-in, but to use points from both at 7 months, you'd have to transfer from one membership to another. Or you can book x nights using contract A and x nights using contract B.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I was looking at a listing that has 2013 points available but owner can not close until 9/13. Does that mean if I make an offer and it is accepted I can not make a reservation until after 9/13? Or can I ask the current owner to make a reservation for November me so I have that in place in the meantime? Also if it is a different use year does that mean I can not make a reservation with all my points pooled even if it is after the 7 month point?
What's the UY on that contract? If it is Oct, Dec, then you won't even be in the 2013 UY when you close yet.

And if you want November, that needs to be booked now. You might even be too late for what you want in Nov at this date.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
WebmasterDoc
Administrator
 
WebmasterDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: Indiana
Posts: 30,478
DISboards Administrator

The reason the closing "can"t" be before 9/13 is that the seller has a reservation involving that date which would be canceled if the closing is prior to then.

As noted, you won't likely be in the system and have your points available for a couple of weeks after closing/deed recorded/info sent to DVC/points loaded into your account/membership info has been sent to you. You may not be able to make a reservation until early-mid October.

Good luck!
__________________
Doc
WebmasterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
What's the UY on that contract? If it is Oct, Dec, then you won't even be in the 2013 UY when you close yet.

And if you want November, that needs to be booked now. You might even be too late for what you want in Nov at this date.
The UY is Feb. There are just a lot of unknowns with resale. We already have a ressie for Nov. But if we were to add on I thought maybe we could stay longer or do a split stay at the "other" resort. I also wanted to be armed with as much knowledge as possible. I feel comfortable knowing the ins and outs of what we already own which was bought direct. But, I didn't know what all of the difference were with buying resale. I think I do understand now.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,720

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
The reason the closing "can"t" be before 9/13 is that the seller has a reservation involving that date which would be canceled if the closing is prior to then.

As noted, you won't likely be in the system and have your points available for a couple of weeks after closing/deed recorded/info sent to DVC/points loaded into your account/membership info has been sent to you. You may not be able to make a reservation until early-mid October.

Good luck!
In that case, I think I might wait on making an offer on a contract until after March 20th. I don't want to have something hanging in limbo until I know if there are going to be more changes or restrictions after that date.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
1. You will not close on the contract until after that September date (they probably have a reservation for September). You cannot make a reservation until the contract has been transferred to your name in the Disney system, which will happen within a couple of weeks after closing.

2. Nope, any pending reservations will be wiped out when the contract is sold.

3. Different UY will mean a different membership number. You'll be able to see both memberships in your one DVC log-in, but to use points from both at 7 months, you'd have to transfer from one membership to another. Or you can book x nights using contract A and x nights using contract B.
Thank you for the information. I love being able to come here and ask a question and have so many helpful people answer me!
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,531

If the owners won't close until September and it still has all the 2013 points, they may need to bank them.

But I would look for a different contract that would be more useful to me.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.