Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Has Disney ever done that before??

I know it is all still speculation at this point. But with the rumors of Free Dining only being for mods and deluxes I was thinking...has Disney ever offered a discount to only certain levels of resorts and nothing to another?? Do you think that if the rumors are true the values will get a % off code for dining or will they be left paying full rack rate with no promotion during hurricane season LOL I just feel like the whole thing seems odd!!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Rumor makes no sense. If there is no FD at values, it would be cheaper to stay at a mod with dining than at a value with dining. Mods also fill up the quickest, even faster than values. So, no I don't buy it at all.

I would more believe the rumor that mods are going to now go the way of values and get the QSDP. That's more realistic.

Overall, I've been watching the rumors on Free Dining for 7 years. There's only a few constants:
1) The rumors are usually gloom and doom.
2) The rumors are 99 % untrue.

The fact is, almost no-one knows what Disney's promotion is actually going to be until shortly below it's released. Therefore, all rumors stem from speculation. Someone posts "Based on such-and-such, I wonder if they won't have FD at values this year." This then turns into "I'm hearing there won't be FD at values this year." It's all BS.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete
Rumor makes no sense. If there is no FD at values, it would be cheaper to stay at a mod with dining than at a value with dining. Mods also fill up the quickest, even faster than values. So, no I don't buy it at all.

I would more believe the rumor that mods are going to now go the way of values and get the QSDP. That's more realistic.

Overall, I've been watching the rumors on Free Dining for 7 years. There's only a few constants:
1) The rumors are usually gloom and doom.
2) The rumors are 99 % untrue.

The fact is, almost no-one knows what Disney's promotion is actually going to be until shortly below it's released. Therefore, all rumors stem from speculation. Someone posts "Based on such-and-such, I wonder if they won't have FD at values this year." This then turns into "I'm hearing there won't be FD at values this year." It's all BS.
Yep. I priced it and even if mods offered quick service its still a bit cheaper to upgrade to regular dining than to stay at a value with no free dining offered and purchase the regular dining plan.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

They just extended the booking window for the current promotion to 3/31. I would expect the next promotion to come out mid April and it should be either a room only discount or FD about mid August if history is any indication.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
memster
Mouseketeer

I've got my fingers crossed for FDGoing August 25 and staying at a mod.
memster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: