Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1456
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
What's interesting from the logo board is that is isn't just a bunch of well known logos tossed up. There are actually placeholders for non-specific stuff, like "Italian Restaurant" and "Wine Bar". If this were a fake, I'd expect something like "Olive Garden" or something like that to be there instead.

But..."DisneyBurger"?!?

I'm hearing that Pollo Campero and BabyCakes may be on the way out too...
I posted an article several weeks ago about Pollo Campero leaving. Someone else noticed that it's current building is not on the leaked plans. Of course, it might just be moving, not leaving.

Yes, a number of "placeholder" names on that board. You have to remember that that logo board is not a final listing and we don't know who will actually be in the final cut. But I do think it's likely pretty accurate though.

DisneyBurger could be good, if they don't because of the One Disney concept use the same burgers they use in the parks!

BobK?/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #1457
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Gosh I have sooo many good ideas in my head for this space. I should have gone into planning/marketing and advertising.

I can just dream it out while Im dealing with my unruly children in the parks and dreaming of them going to bed so I can go to the PI of my youth... which no longer exisits.....

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #1458
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Disney Springs was confirmed to cast members.

Disney Springs is the name.

TWO parking garages, one on each end.

Captain Jacks is closing (hadn't heard that one...)

New vendors not confirmed.

Public announcement likely to come later this week.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1459
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Regardless of the details, I'm convinced that this is A Good Thing. With the major redesign comes an opportunity for expanded evening/adult activities sequestered somewhere that won't create traffic flow issues.

So much for Iger's "no major capital projects in the near future" assertion, eh?
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #1460
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm hearing that Pollo Campero and BabyCakes may be on the way out too...
The building is being demolished but it's certainly possible that it's just going to relocate to someplace else. Ditto Pin Traders.

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #1461
noreinsguy
One Can Never Have Enough Disney Magic!!!!

Downtown Disney Overhaul

Saw this story on facebook…

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_..._announced.htm

"Disney has officially confirmed the rumors of an overhaul coming to Downtown Disney in Orlando. According to the story released by the Disney Parks Blog, the information we put up last week was fairly accurate. The area will be renamed Disney Springs and will consist of several different neighborhoods, featuring more than 150 stores, restaurants and entertainment locations. The neighborhoods will be named The Town Center, The Landing, The West Side, and The Marketplace. Each neighborhood will have a distinct feel, with the current West Side and Marketplace basically retaining their current layouts."

Any more info?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #1462
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreinsguy View Post
Saw this story on facebook…

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_..._announced.htm

"Disney has officially confirmed the rumors of an overhaul coming to Downtown Disney in Orlando. According to the story released by the Disney Parks Blog, the information we put up last week was fairly accurate. The area will be renamed Disney Springs and will consist of several different neighborhoods, featuring more than 150 stores, restaurants and entertainment locations. The neighborhoods will be named The Town Center, The Landing, The West Side, and The Marketplace. Each neighborhood will have a distinct feel, with the current West Side and Marketplace basically retaining their current layouts."

Any more info?
Nothing new in the official announcement, other than construction starts next month and it won't be done until 2016.

No names were mentioned at all, which brings back into question the logo board, unless that was an internal-only thing and nothing on it was confirmed.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #1463
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

So when does this thread change names to "What's coming to The Landing?"

That name just reeks of "dining and entertainment", doesn't it.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #1464
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
I posted an article several weeks ago about Pollo Campero leaving. Someone else noticed that it's current building is not on the leaked plans. Of course, it might just be moving, not leaving.

Yes, a number of "placeholder" names on that board. You have to remember that that logo board is not a final listing and we don't know who will actually be in the final cut. But I do think it's likely pretty accurate though.

DisneyBurger could be good, if they don't because of the One Disney concept use the same burgers they use in the parks!

BobK?/Orlando
~Unfortunately, the rumors about Shake Shack coming to Disney are not true. ~Downtown Disney Overhaul~ But, as with anything -- that could soon change.

~Anyway, I was expecting maybe 20 new stores not 150 -- that's pretty impressive for DTD! I wonder if Disney is hoping to capitalize on the South American tour groups who leave the resort to spend billions at the shopping malls and outlets -- this could definitely help to keep them from going offsite to shop.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #1465
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Anyway, I was expecting maybe 20 new stores not 150 -- that's pretty impressive for DTD! I wonder if Disney is hoping to capitalize on the South American tour groups who leave the resort to spend billions at the shopping malls and outlets -- this could definitely help to keep them from going offsite to shop.
I don't think they said there would be 150 new stores - I think that's total.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #1466
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
I don't think they said there would be 150 new stores - I think that's total.
**sigh** ~You're right again, Doc. The article reads that the stores will double by 150 more outlets. So I guess that translates to an additional 75 stores, not bad, plus the new bus depot, boat & bridge!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #1467
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Unfortunately, the rumors about Shake Shack coming to Disney are not true. But, as with anything -- that could soon change.
Well we just don't know about Shake Shack. Though based in New York, they do have a location in Miami Beach. So putting another one in Orlando is not that farfetched. And I wouldn't expect them to acknowledge it now even if it's true. So we'll just have to wait.

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1468
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Well we just don't know about Shake Shack. Though based in New York, they do have a location in Miami Beach. So putting another one in Orlando is not that farfetched. And I wouldn't expect them to acknowledge it now even if it's true. So we'll just have to wait.

BobK/Orlando
Ricky Brigante, who I guess now writes for FoxNews.com, mentioned in an article today about the logo board, and that a number of the companies mentioned denied engaging with Disney about it at this point.

In one case, they did say they talked with Disney - several years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/0...-for-makeover/

Now, of course these could be "official denials" that don't mean anything, but it seems like the logo board may have been more of wishful thinking...you wouldn't publicize - or even make - that board without getting commitments.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #1469
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now, of course these could be "official denials" that don't mean anything...
That's what I think. There are some names on those boards that seem unlikely to have been placed on there randomly, without something more tangible in the works. If the purpose of such a board is to get other vendors interested in signing-on, I don't see how they can put up real company names and tell those vendors to ignore the logos you see, they're just there for fun!

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #1470
nuts
Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good person

Quote:

That's what I think. There are some names on those boards that seem unlikely to have been placed on there randomly, without something more tangible in the works. If the purpose of such a board is to get other vendors interested in signing-on, I don't see how they can put up real company names and tell those vendors to ignore the logos you see, they're just there for fun!

BobK/Orlando
There would also be legal issues.

nuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: