Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Sounds neat, DryCreek, and you got a good deal to boot!
It was fun. Oh, and as usual, I did all of my pre-trip planning through DisBoards!
lots of good information out there, provided by helpful people.
The one thing that doesn't surprise me is how passionate folks are on this board when it comes to their favorite park(s).
When looking for Disneyland info, they certainly like the compactness of their two parks over the more spread-out layout of WDW. And here, on the Universal site, it seems that the most prolific posters enjoy US/IoA over WDW.
This is good, because they can bring your attention to the little nuances and differences that make their favorite park(s) special to them.

Since I have only been to US once (in 2006, for only about 8 hours), I cannot pick an absolute favorite yet.

I will admit that WDW vacation planning has its strong points. Since I am the one that has to do ALL of the vacation planning, I like that I can do all of my advance purchases at one stop. I get Park Admission, Lodging, Meal Plans, and airport R/T transportation taken care of with just the usual "Magic Your Way" plan. I also like the feeling of total immersion while there. I skip watching TV (even though I'm a news addict) and usually allow my e-mail and voicemail to go unanswered.

It looks like we should be able to get the same level of isolation/immersion during our upcoming US/IoA trip in May. Except for maybe one quick pedestrian jaunt offsite to get necessary supplies (Blue Moon), we won't be leaving the property! Too bad they probably won't have Shiner Black available in Florida.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: