DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
SpaceMountain77
Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman
 
SpaceMountain77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 505

Direct Waitlist Locked In Pricing

As a result of the recently announced price increases, today, I went on the waitlist for additional points. I was under the impression that I was locked into current point pricing until my points came through. However, there is discussion in other threads that waitlist pricing is only honored for 6 months, after which points are sold at the current selling price.

Does anyone know what is true?
SpaceMountain77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
anna08
DIS Veteran
 
anna08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: TN
Posts: 918

My guide did not mention any time limit to the locked in price for a waitlist contract, but I did not specifically ask.
__________________
anna08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMountain77 View Post
As a result of the recently announced price increases, today, I went on the waitlist for additional points. I was under the impression that I was locked into current point pricing until my points came through. However, there is discussion in other threads that waitlist pricing is only honored for 6 months, after which points are sold at the current selling price.

Does anyone know what is true?
Just curious, where are those threads? I just put an offer in for a VGC contract that was accepted but I have been worried that it will be ROFRd if DVC can turn around and sell it for $165. If it's true that waitlist pricing is fixed for the next 6 months it makes me feel better as they probably can't sell VGC with that long waitlist for $165 for another six months, so hopefully I will have a better chance they they can only turn around and sell it for a "mere" $130.

What are the rules for waitlisting? I called DVC, one guide wouldnt' talk to me because he wasn't allowed to talk to me since I live in Hawaii, another at Aulani told me that I couldnt' waitlist unless I was already a member. With the VGC prices rising, I wouldn't mind waitlisting for a smaller point package than what I have in case this one falls through IF I can get that $130 price if it comes through during whichever time the pricing is fixed.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
SpaceMountain77
Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman
 
SpaceMountain77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
Just curious, where are those threads? I just put an offer in for a VGC contract that was accepted but I have been worried that it will be ROFRd if DVC can turn around and sell it for $165. If it's true that waitlist pricing is fixed for the next 6 months it makes me feel better as they probably can't sell VGC with that long waitlist for $165 for another six months, so hopefully I will have a better chance they they can only turn around and sell it for a "mere" $130.

What are the rules for waitlisting? I called DVC, one guide wouldnt' talk to me because he wasn't allowed to talk to me since I live in Hawaii, another at Aulani told me that I couldnt' waitlist unless I was already a member. With the VGC prices rising, I wouldn't mind waitlisting for a smaller point package than what I have in case this one falls through IF I can get that $130 price if it comes through during whichever time the pricing is fixed.
The 6 months discussion came up in at least 2 or 3 recent threads, posted since the official price increase announcement. Although I do not remember all of their titles, Is dvc membership a value at the proposed increased prices? was one of them.
SpaceMountain77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The People's Republic of Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 11,709

Ask your Guide---and if it is important, ask your Guide to put it in writing.

But, a different way of looking at it: would you still add on with a direct purchase at thew new prices? As long as you know the answer to that question, it doesn't matter either way.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
SpaceMountain77
Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman
 
SpaceMountain77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Ask your Guide---and if it is important, ask your Guide to put it in writing.

But, a different way of looking at it: would you still add on with a direct purchase at thew new prices? As long as you know the answer to that question, it doesn't matter either way.
For VGC, I would prefer to pay $130 direct to ensure my preferred UY and point request. However, I would not purchase direct for $165. Honestly, I would just pay cash and stay at the Sheraton Anaheim, near the Mickey & Friends parking garage.
SpaceMountain77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The People's Republic of Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 11,709

Super. In that case, get on the waitlist. If it comes through at $130 before you can find one resale that passes ROFR, buy it. If it comes through at $165, tell your Guide "Thanks, but no thanks."
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
DVC Sue
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 255

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I also went on the waitlist for som VGC points. My guide told me that the price is locked unless there is a SECOND price increase. He said that guides can only go back one previous price.

True? I don't know but that's what he said.
DVC Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
SpaceMountain77
Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman
 
SpaceMountain77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 505

If prices do increase again before my points come through and I am forced to accept $165, then, in my opinion, VGC is no longer a value. Having lived in Los Angeles and visited the Disneyland Resort numerous times, I can tell you that there are plenty of hotels/resorts within walking distance of Disneyland that are both reasonably priced and well-appointed. The Sheraton Anaheim, for example, is one of those hotels.
SpaceMountain77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Debbru
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Sue View Post
I also went on the waitlist for som VGC points. My guide told me that the price is locked unless there is a SECOND price increase. He said that guides can only go back one previous price.

True? I don't know but that's what he said.
I went on the waitlist yesterday for an OKW add on. My guide said that the previous rule was that the price was good for one price increase (he said the "system" would only allow them to roll back the price once). Now the rule is that we are locked in for 6 months. He mentioned that he had no idea how that would work with people who have been waiting on the waitlists that were given the "one price increase" deal.
Debbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMountain77

The 6 months discussion came up in at least 2 or 3 recent threads, posted since the official price increase announcement. Although I do not remember all of their titles, Is dvc membership a value at the proposed increased prices? was one of them.
thanks!!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbru

I went on the waitlist yesterday for an OKW add on. My guide said that the previous rule was that the price was good for one price increase (he said the "system" would only allow them to roll back the price once). Now the rule is that we are locked in for 6 months. He mentioned that he had no idea how that would work with people who have been waiting on the waitlists that were given the "one price increase" deal.
Now I'm wondering. Will Disney just not sell to anyone on the waitlist for the next 6 months unless there is a truly ridiculous lowball contract with someone wanting it. It seems like the 6 month rule allows them to build a huge list of interested people willing to buy.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
jvalic33
Earning My Ears
 
jvalic33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 36

Just because we are on the waitlist does not mean we are obligated to buy. I did confirm that before I went on the waitlist. In addition, I was told by my rep that if I went on the waitlist before the increase that I would be given that price and as long as I close before my Dec UY (so November) then I would also get the 2012 points.

Never did he mention I had anything to worry about and I would just not buy at the increased price if that were the case.

I'm sure you would have no issue getting out of the deal if that were to happen.
jvalic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
Now I'm wondering. Will Disney just not sell to anyone on the waitlist for the next 6 months unless there is a truly ridiculous lowball contract with someone wanting it. It seems like the 6 month rule allows them to build a huge list of interested people willing to buy.
We have seen similar behavior in the past with regards to wait list requests for a specific UY. Buyers have commented that they have been on the wait list for months for an August contract and none are available and then all of a sudden on August 1 one becomes available. It gets Disney out of having to give you the points for the UY that is about to expire. I could see something similar happening, with points suddenly coming available after a second price increase (should there be one).
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC

We have seen similar behavior in the past with regards to wait list requests for a specific UY. Buyers have commented that they have been on the wait list for months for an August contract and none are available and then all of a sudden on August 1 one becomes available. It gets Disney out of having to give you the points for the UY that is about to expire. I could see something similar happening, with points suddenly coming available after a second price increase (should there be one).
Interesting. The whole price increase thing has me nervous. I just agreed on a vgc contract last week and the price was a higher end price two months ago but now I'm not so sure....
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: