DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
jvalic33
Earning My Ears

ELMC - I appreciate your honesty and your consideration in your comments throughout. It means a lot that you took the time to give me your opinion because sometimes people just agreeing help you make a decision that is not right for you/me.

First, I did confirm with my DVC direct rep that I would be eligible for the $1000 off on BWV but not BCV and that I would also get the park passes for BWV and not BCV. However, the point you make about a portion of the loan needing to be paid off before I get those tickets is a very good point that I have not looked into.

As far as financing and adding and value of my investment/non-investment, those are all very good points.

First, I totally get the stress of four kids and financials. If I really thought about it, I would barely get up in the morning overwhelmed from the stress of having to feed 5 people and all on my shoulders. I say five because my husband resigned to work with me and I have my own business and if God forbid something happens we are all finished, but anyone can lose their job right?

The problem is I work so hard, at home, 15 hours days and weekends, all while raising four kids and we need and I owe myself a vacation. I would never be taking one twice a year if I didn't but into DVC. Also, we just have a lot of startup expenses as far as our home and farm, etc. so it is difficult to save period, but it helps that I am paying for the vacation over time, even if it is at a price, because I am afraid to use up cash during this economy and would rather pay off the loan more quickly when I have a chance then have the burden of having to give up the cash available now.

That is my thinking.
jvalic33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: