DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
mickeyhereicome
Mouseketeer

Opinions on SSR resale price I offered

We have been looking for a small contract (less then 75 points). We want SSR, AKL, or OKW (extended). I found a contract for 55 points at SSR with UY Dec. Dec '13 has 61 points and then 55 every year.

The seller, I was told, still owes on the mortgage and is asking $95 pp. Way to high. I offered $63 pp, split closing costs, and we pay MF for 2013. What do you think about my offer?

The agent said they most likely will reject the offer, because they would be eating a huge chunk. We are not willing to pay more because someone owes. We would rather sit and wait.
mickeyhereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome View Post
We have been looking for a small contract (less then 75 points). We want SSR, AKL, or OKW (extended). I found a contract for 55 points at SSR with UY Dec. Dec '13 has 61 points and then 55 every year.

The seller, I was told, still owes on the mortgage and is asking $95 pp. Way to high. I offered $63 pp, split closing costs, and we pay MF for 2013. What do you think about my offer?

The agent said they most likely will reject the offer, because they would be eating a huge chunk. We are not willing to pay more because someone owes. We would rather sit and wait.
Know what you want to pay and be patient enough to find a seller willing to accept it. I've found that the minute I hear the seller has a loan to pay off, I immediately wash my hands of the contract because the sellers typically don't want to bring money to the table at closing. There are plenty of SSR contracts out there, you'll find what you want eventually.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

I have no problems with your offer, but if the seller is comfortable with that amount, they wouldn't have listed it that high. I'd be shocked if they accepted. Good luck!
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Al View Post
I have no problems with your offer, but if the seller is comfortable with that amount, they wouldn't have listed it that high. I'd be shocked if they accepted. Good luck!
i'll be shocked if that seller doesn't wind up having to give back the contract to disney for free.

all part of the magic of "buying direct."

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

You made a perfectly reasonable & more than fair offer. If the seller is unwilling to accept it, I doubt they will find a buyer willing to pay their price. I agree with Charles, they will likely just default & give it back for free.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
mickeyhereicome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
You made a perfectly reasonable & more than fair offer. If the seller is unwilling to accept it, I doubt they will find a buyer willing to pay their price. I agree with Charles, they will likely just default & give it back for free.

So do you feel it is too high? Or an average price for a small contract? From what I am seeing small contracts tend to be higher pp, then higher contracts. I felt like if it was lower than they would reject it.
mickeyhereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome View Post
So do you feel it is too high? Or an average price for a small contract? From what I am seeing small contracts tend to be higher pp, then higher contracts. I felt like if it was lower than they would reject it.
It's a respectable offer given the details of the contract. But I'd bet anything that the seller either rejects your offer or counters at $90 per point. An asking price that is that much higher than market value is a huge red flag. Quite frankly, your mistake was not in the amount you offered but in the fact that you offered at all. There are plenty of contracts out there, take your time and get one that makes sense for you. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome

Not too high. But perhaps more than I would offer on a similar contract (being a bit of a bargain hunter.). But knowing that smaller, loaded contracts will bring a slightly higher price per point, if it otherwise met your criteria, size, UY, I think it is a decent offer that reasonable seller should take. That this seller thinks the buyer ought to cover his/her outstanding loan, is unreasonable IMO. A buyer will pay fair market price, your outstanding loan has no bearing on fair market price.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC
Quite frankly, your mistake was not in the amount you offered but in the fact that you offered at all. There are plenty of contracts out there, take your time and get one that makes sense for you. Good luck.
I agree. Keep shopping. There are plenty of contracts out there, with more available all the time. Know what you are willing to pay for a contract that meets your criteria & never offer more than that.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
tb1972
DIS Veteran

I too saw that listing through Fidelity as I've been searching for DEC UY small contract. The $95 asking price raised a red flag with me - seems off even for a small contract. You'll find the right one with patience.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

If you think this one is bad, they have 3 other SSR listings for at least $100 pp, and one of them is $130! These sellers may NEED those prices, but with listings above and below theirs for half the price, who would bite on their listings?? In fact, you can buy SSR direct from DVD for less than a couple of their listings.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
ELMC
DIS Veteran

I wonder if there isn't some other motivation behind those listings with super high prices beyond simply wanting to sell your contract. Fidelity, along with other brokers, provide guidance to prospective sellers as to what similar contracts are selling for. To completely ignore that advice suggest to me that there is something else at play.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC
I wonder if there isn't some other motivation behind those listings with super high prices beyond simply wanting to sell your contract. Fidelity, along with other brokers, provide guidance to prospective sellers as to what similar contracts are selling for. To completely ignore that advice suggest to me that there is something else at play.
Maybe. Perhaps a court ordered sale, divorce, bankruptcy, a seller that does not really want to sell......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: