DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
cchron
F&W Fan
 
cchron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 108

Direct Waitlist

Can someone explain the direct wait list to me? Thinking about adding on at BWV but I didn't think I could buy points direct at that resort. Also I'm looking for a small contract, (ideally 50-75 points) which I didn't think I could get direct. I'm watching the resale boards but wondering what other options I might have. Thanks!
cchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,401

DVD will sell you any resort and some require a wait list. They prefer to sell you their currently active resorts because they make more money doing so.

Disney gets points at the older resorts through ROFR, dues forfeits and loan foreclosures.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran
 
cbnsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 680

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

If there is a wait list, the guide will take your credit card number to use for the deposit (usually 10 or 20%) and it will be charged automatically when your points come through. There is a 10 day period after you enter the actual contract in which to cancel in case you change your mind at which point the deposit (and any other additional money paid prior to that tine) is returned to you.

I was on the wait list for months for 50 points at BCV and they never came through so I gave up and bought some at BWV. The next time I was on the wait list for BCV, they came through in 2 days.
__________________
cbnsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
Disney 24/7
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 156

I was on the wait list for Grand California Villas since July 2012 for 50 point March use year. I just got the call today, that took about nine months to get those points.
Disney 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
WDWLayla
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 30

Oh gosh...I'm not sure I want to wait that long! 9 months is such a long time, and from what I hear OKW has a super long wait list...
WDWLayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 24/7
I was on the wait list for Grand California Villas since July 2012 for 50 point March use year. I just got the call today, that took about nine months to get those points.
What are the current direct prices for vgc? I just called but because I'm located in Hawaii they wont talk to me about any of their sold out properties. At all!!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama

What are the current direct prices for vgc? I just called but because I'm located in Hawaii they wont talk to me about any of their sold out properties. At all!!
Ok never mind I called aulani and spoke to someone there. I was told I can't waitlist until I'm a member...
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
Ok never mind I called aulani and spoke to someone there. I was told I can't waitlist until I'm a member...
Are you sure? A little over a year ago my sister, who was not a member then, was looking into which resort to buy and she spoke with my guide. She asked about the "closed" resorts and could have purchased one, or so I thought. But she wound up getting BLT .

Maybe they confused the wait list for booking a resort where there's no availability for certain dates with the wait list for buying points?

I'm curious about what other, more knowledgeable posters here will say.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
PCMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean

Are you sure? A little over a year ago my sister, who was not a member then, was looking into which resort to buy and she spoke with my guide. She asked about the "closed" resorts and could have purchased one, or so I thought. But she wound up getting BLT .

Maybe they confused the wait list for booking a resort where there's no availability for certain dates with the wait list for buying points?

I'm curious about what other, more knowledgeable posters here will say.
That is what I was told. I want vgc but the guide basically told me I had to go resale. He could be wrong. My problem is I can't talk to anyone in Orlando as I'm in Hawaii. I have to talk to a guide actually located in Hawaii! I told him I don't want aulani or akv because we go to California at least once a year and I want that booking period to make sure I get the room I want for a week. I can go to aulani anytime on a 7 month window because I only need the rooms for 1-3 days since I just have to drive 25 miles down the street. I'm looking for a resale contract as well but with the prices rising I figured I might as well at least look into waitlist.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
dwight16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 287

i am on the wait list for BVC and BWV for 30 points. i went on last weekend. i am locked in at current prices but i dont think i will see any movement until after the march 20th redo. i am leaning towards a contract extension to make it more inline with the newer resorts. SO if you plan on getting on do it now it locks in current pricing. also my guide did not take a deposit we went on a hand shake over the phone
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
That is what I was told. I want vgc but the guide basically told me I had to go resale. He could be wrong. My problem is I can't talk to anyone in Orlando as I'm in Hawaii. I have to talk to a guide actually located in Hawaii! I told him I don't want aulani or akv because we go to California at least once a year and I want that booking period to make sure I get the room I want for a week. I can go to aulani anytime on a 7 month window because I only need the rooms for 1-3 days since I just have to drive 25 miles down the street. I'm looking for a resale contract as well but with the prices rising I figured I might as well at least look into waitlist.
Interesting. Well, good luck to you. If you're going to be using the points at VGC most of the time I'd go resale. I just did and am waiting to close.

The only issue you'll encounter will be if you can't get a villa because there are so few to start, you can't use the resale points at the hotel side of GC or at PP or DLH. Even though the points for those aren't as good a deal as at VGC it is a nice option if you want to stay at a DLR hotel and can't gt into the villas. I think this is a bigger deal at DLR than at WDW, which is where most members of this board seem to frequent.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
Camshell
Mouseketeer
 
Camshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 213

There is a direct wait list for the VGC. We were on it from Sept 2011 to Jan 2012. We were not DVC members at the time. I just called the Grand Cal hotel directly and was put through to the DVC rep.
__________________
Camshell
DVC Member - Home Resort GrandCal

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.