Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #1576
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Question about buses

I understand that there is only one bus stop at POFQ...BUT that POFQ shares buses with the PO Riverside hotel...is this true all of the time or only in less crowded/off peak times? Is the bus situation good at POFQ? Read a few complaints that it was slow..but I understand that people like to complain...

Thanks!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #1577
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
I understand that there is only one bus stop at POFQ...BUT that POFQ shares buses with the PO Riverside hotel...is this true all of the time or only in less crowded/off peak times? Is the bus situation good at POFQ? Read a few complaints that it was slow..but I understand that people like to complain...

Thanks!
I was at POR in the middle of January, no holidays - definitely a slow time. We never dropped off at POFQ on the way back from the parks, and I don't think we were with a POFQ bus on the way to the parks. Some have said that they shared during the late morning/early afternoon hours.

You'll read complaints about slow buses on the DIS for every resort, and often one poster will say, "They were slow" and another will say, "We were there at the same time and the buses were fine." I wouldn't judge a resort by its reputation about buses!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #1578
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I understand that there is only one bus stop at POFQ...BUT that POFQ shares buses with the PO Riverside hotel...is this true all of the time or only in less crowded/off peak times?
It varies. Normally the MK has separate buses, while the other parks mostly share apart from the busiest times of the day (such as park closing). However the routing is controlled by a central computer system now, so it can change without notice. There is no perfect solution, but whatever happens it's better than some offsite hotels with a couple of buses each way per day.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #1579
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:

Thanks!
It does occasionally share but I've only had that happen twice. It's was at off peak times and I think one time may have been when we were going to AK and the other time it was DHS. I can't remember if we ever shared returning to a resort. My stays were in Sept and Oct. Both times had a pretty full resort but I really didn't think they were any slower than my other stays at value or deluxe level. (well I take that back, AoA was so so slow last Oct but it was a Sat night and the MK so that is just kinda par for the course)

The boat shares as well and I know they have sometimes said that it can get full up quickly heading TO DTD, as it stops at POR first but it saves some seats for POFQ, but sometimes you have to wait for a second boat.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #1580
Hootch
DIS Veteran

We visit in

the summer, so a busy time. It has been a few trips since we had to share buses with POR.

The one exception was from DTD when the boast were shut down due to weather conditions.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1581
mcphotography
Dis Vet

We usually go in March or April and we always stay at POFQ and we always seem to have our own buses for each park and never a long wait. I've only had to stand once or twice and that was usually coming back from MK or EPCOT and it was most likely to give my seat to an elderly person or a pregnant woman. Other than that we never had problems with the buses. Every now and then they drop at POR first, but no big deal.

MC

[/url]Me DW DD20 DD12Contemporary 1982,
POFQ 2009,11, 13, Boardwalk CL 2014,
POFQ 2015
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #1582
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

One more question...someone on another thread said he heard that the lobby at POFQ is being closed in May for refurbishment and that checkin and other lobby functions would be handled in the former now closed restaurant.

Can anyone confirm this, and if so advise of timing of start and estimated completion? I hate construction!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

Last edited by sunsetbeachgal; 03-05-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #1583
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Bump...see prior post...thanks for the help!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #1584
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One more question...someone on another thread said he heard that the lobby at POFQ is being closed in May for refurbishment and that checkin and other lobby functions would be handled in the former now closed restaurant.

Can anyone confirm this, and if so advise of timing of start and estimated completion? I hate construction!
Don't know the answer to this, but Andre who manages this thread would have probably know the answer.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #1585
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You might want to check the year on the construction thread you found. The entrance/ lobby was refurbished last year.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #1586
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Bump...see prior post...thanks for the help!
When I can post anything more definite about the POFQ lobby refurb date I will, but there is no further information I can add at present. Suffice to say that it will probably be sometime mid-May for 6-8 weeks, but that could still change (it has already been pushed back from an earlier April date). It will create a rare opportunity to go into the old Bonfamille's Cafe, so make the most of it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-05-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #1587
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuruscg View Post
You might want to check the year on the construction thread you found. The entrance/ lobby was refurbished last year.
That was POR; POFQ is this year.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1588
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

It's finally official, we're staying at POFQ for the first time in August! My friend was thinking of coming with us and if that was the case we would have stayed at POR so we could fit 5 in the room. She decided to come and bring her two sisters so they will be getting their own room!

I would of been ok with POR but we've already stayed there so I'm happy it worked out this way. : ). Now I'll be returning to page 1 so I can get caught up in all things POFQ.

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #1589
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Congrats!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #1590
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Changing rooms at pool?

Are there showers/changing rooms by the pool at POFQ? We are staying at POR but my DS wants to try that slide at POFQ-not sure about walking back or boating back wet. Is it best to walk over to POFQ or take the boat?? And what about on the way back to POR?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: