Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #76
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Hi and welcome !!

Congrats on Princess I bet you had a better time then I did with the humidity. Oh boy
You are going to have a great time at Tink !!
The humidity definitely got to me, but the lines for pictures helped with the breaks lol! That being said, I'm thrilled about my time which was 2:40:43! I hope you still had a blast at the Princess 1/2 even with the humidity!!

[QUOTE=I've never stayed at the Anabelle but it looks nice. Another place to ck out is Best Western Stovall's Inn (also on Katella) We stay there a lot--nothing fancy but clean and easy to get to and from the race start/finish.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! I will check it out!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #77
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was not able to get any C2C items at the expo and I was there right when it opened. I really wanted one and I guess I will just have to wait until DL. It still counts right --since it's 2013- even after the fact. Raw threads has a cute "castle to castle" shirt I picked up. I have fallen in love with those raw thread shirts.

The DL 1/2 seems SO far away and I'm sure I will be dealing with the post Tink/Princess race is over --now what blues. Next trip to DL is in 7 wks for our anniversary. Flying down for a quick 32 hrs or so -- without our little mouseketeer.

I really wish RunDisney would have a night race here at DL. I think doing one of those would be so much fun. I'm keeping my fingers cross for you for NY.
Yes buying a shirt during the DL expo totally counts!! Plus, we can wear them on Friday and not worry about jinxing Sunday, b/c we already did our races. I picked up the C2C sticker from Raw Threads, and I agree w/ you, I have fallen in love w/ them. Did they have the Little mermaid skirt or shorts at the expo? I'm a total Cinderella girl, but all their shirts are so adorable. As for them working, Tink wasn't as bad as last year, but I wore the Hook one and it was awesome.

I agree w/ you about DL being so far away. I noticed on my ticker yesterday that it said 6 mon, and I was just got sad. So jealous that you get to go again in few weeks! I'm really missing my AP right now, but I just couldn't afford it. I was thinking about just getting park tix from Get Travel and upgrading to the Delux on Sun of race wknd b/c Sat and Sun are blocked, using the combo of the tix price and monthly payments, but then I noticed it said that you can't upgrade their tix.

As for a night race at DL, um, yes please!! I know that it's harder to do races here b/c the streets are city streets, but I really wish they would have a couple more, at the very least 1. They need a rundisney planning group stationed out here and then I can go to work for them. I could not handle the weather in FL year round, I am way to accustomed to no humidity, heat not the best, but I can still handle it.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #78
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Yes buying a shirt during the DL expo totally counts!! Plus, we can wear them on Friday and not worry about jinxing Sunday, b/c we already did our races. I picked up the C2C sticker from Raw Threads, and I agree w/ you, I have fallen in love w/ them. Did they have the Little mermaid skirt or shorts at the expo? I'm a total Cinderella girl, but all their shirts are so adorable. As for them working, Tink wasn't as bad as last year, but I wore the Hook one and it was awesome.

I agree w/ you about DL being so far away. I noticed on my ticker yesterday that it said 6 mon, and I was just got sad. So jealous that you get to go again in few weeks! I'm really missing my AP right now, but I just couldn't afford it. I was thinking about just getting park tix from Get Travel and upgrading to the Delux on Sun of race wknd b/c Sat and Sun are blocked, using the combo of the tix price and monthly payments, but then I noticed it said that you can't upgrade their tix.

As for a night race at DL, um, yes please!! I know that it's harder to do races here b/c the streets are city streets, but I really wish they would have a couple more, at the very least 1. They need a rundisney planning group stationed out here and then I can go to work for them. I could not handle the weather in FL year round, I am way to accustomed to no humidity, heat not the best, but I can still handle it.
Well it sounds like we need to get the C2C sweatshirts Friday when they open !!!! I know we will drive down on Thurs. so I can get to the expo and stand in line early. I can pick something up for you if you like if your coming in later (I've still got my 20% AP discount I can use--we must get our sweatshirts. Just let me know) What do you think about the RunDisney New Balance shoes ??? I feel like I am getting sucked into having to get them and I don't even really LOVE them. Marketing really works on me too much.

I talked to Penny at Stovall's and she should be loading rates next wk or so for Tink. I'll keep you posted.
I was so exhausted fighting my way through the event merch at the expo that I didn't spend any time at Raw Thread except to grab a shirt so I did not see the items you are looking for. I'm thinking about the new MM one with the large bow on the front--maybe for DL. I will say their booth was HUGE even had a dressing room which was nice.
AP prices---I just try not to think about it and I afraid how much they will go up this yr.
You would be perfect on the RunDisney planning team !!!!! Then you could maybe just "bring me along too for the fun stuff"

Do you think they will have a new DL Dooney bag for us to pre-order ????
I really love the mickey one they had for the marathon. Just loved it and the colors. I guess I can only hope.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #79
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post
The humidity definitely got to me, but the lines for pictures helped with the breaks lol! That being said, I'm thrilled about my time which was 2:40:43! I hope you still had a blast at the Princess 1/2 even with the humidity!!

Thank you!! I will check it out!
I'm really glad I finally got to do it to get my C2C and of course being able to run in a tiara and tutu.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #80
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Just left Orlando yesterday after running the Princess Half, and am setting my sights on the Tinkerbell 2014 as my next Disney race, hopefully to be followed by the Wine & Dine 2014 to get that Coast-to-Coast medal.

Already daydreaming about costume concepts...

Erin
Orcagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #81
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well it sounds like we need to get the C2C sweatshirts Friday when they open !!!! I know we will drive down on Thurs. so I can get to the expo and stand in line early. I can pick something up for you if you like if your coming in later (I've still got my 20% AP discount I can use--we must get our sweatshirts. Just let me know) What do you think about the RunDisney New Balance shoes ??? I feel like I am getting sucked into having to get them and I don't even really LOVE them. Marketing really works on me too much.

I talked to Penny at Stovall's and she should be loading rates next wk or so for Tink. I'll keep you posted.
I was so exhausted fighting my way through the event merch at the expo that I didn't spend any time at Raw Thread except to grab a shirt so I did not see the items you are looking for. I'm thinking about the new MM one with the large bow on the front--maybe for DL. I will say their booth was HUGE even had a dressing room which was nice.
AP prices---I just try not to think about it and I afraid how much they will go up this yr.
You would be perfect on the RunDisney planning team !!!!! Then you could maybe just "bring me along too for the fun stuff"

Do you think they will have a new DL Dooney bag for us to pre-order ????
I really love the mickey one they had for the marathon. Just loved it and the colors. I guess I can only hope.
Thanks for the expo offer, but I'll be there early too! I have enough points on SWA that I have a free RT flight that wknd, I think I get in around 8:15 or so. I'll be there in line early too, I can just imagine w/ DDD how fast everything will go. Strategy is DDD 1st and C2C 2nd, hopefully they're not too spread out. I have my Disney Visa, so I still get 10% off which is still good, plus I have reward $ left over from WDW and Tink which I will put to good use. I saw the NB shoes, I'm just not a big Minnie fan, but I did like the Raw Threads bow shirt. I think I'm going w/ my Cinderella shirt Sun that I didn't fully use last year b/c of my knee this year. For Sat's race I'm going to work w/ a girl on Etsy to make a mickey/LSU football iron-on since it's just a 10k and the season starts that day.

I wonder if they will have a DB bag for us? I don't remember if there was one last year. I'm curious what it would look like, but I love love love the small attractions one from last year, so if there isn't one, I'm okay. But if/when I do TOT and if they have one, I will definitely be getting one of those. I love that ride!

And if I ever get a job there, I will definitely hook you up!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #82
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Just left Orlando yesterday after running the Princess Half, and am setting my sights on the Tinkerbell 2014 as my next Disney race, hopefully to be followed by the Wine & Dine 2014 to get that Coast-to-Coast medal.

Already daydreaming about costume concepts...

Erin
You will love running Tink !!! No humidity
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #83
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the expo offer, but I'll be there early too! I have enough points on SWA that I have a free RT flight that wknd, I think I get in around 8:15 or so. I'll be there in line early too, I can just imagine w/ DDD how fast everything will go. Strategy is DDD 1st and C2C 2nd, hopefully they're not too spread out. I have my Disney Visa, so I still get 10% off which is still good, plus I have reward $ left over from WDW and Tink which I will put to good use. I saw the NB shoes, I'm just not a big Minnie fan, but I did like the Raw Threads bow shirt. I think I'm going w/ my Cinderella shirt Sun that I didn't fully use last year b/c of my knee this year. For Sat's race I'm going to work w/ a girl on Etsy to make a mickey/LSU football iron-on since it's just a 10k and the season starts that day.

I wonder if they will have a DB bag for us? I don't remember if there was one last year. I'm curious what it would look like, but I love love love the small attractions one from last year, so if there isn't one, I'm okay. But if/when I do TOT and if they have one, I will definitely be getting one of those. I love that ride!

And if I ever get a job there, I will definitely hook you up!
Did you book your ticket yet ?? SWA is now up through late Sept. My Mom got her ticket today to fly down and babysit while DH and I run.

You are right the DDD stuff is going to fly off the shelves. It seems like everyone I spoke to in WDW were all doing the DDD. If the expo opens at the usual time of 12:00 or so....I hope to get there a couple hrs early with a book. I think I am going to do the merch. line first unless you need to get your bibs first. I'll pick up DH & our mousketeers kids race bib and they can play in the park while I spend the morning in line.

I can't remember---do we need our number before getting into merch ?? For some reason I thought they tightened things up last year about anyone buying stuff without a bib. (Or maybe that was wishful thinking on my part)

We've never had a D & B for DL. Only Tink and I passed on that. I am "thinking" about the back pack. Just don't know how to "explain" that to DH.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #84
kim3339
DIS Veteran

No bibs needed!! For the merch stuff, race shirts ~ yes. I did that for Tink, by the time I got over to the expo, before it opened, the bib line was crazy insane so I did the expo 1st and the bib stuff after. I was going to do the same thing for DL. I'm hoping for cool DDD stuff, but the girl I was telling you about on Etsy has a cute DDD one that I'm going to order as well. That way if they don't have anything good, or they sell out I can still have my own shirt. Plus I can get the style of shirt I like and it'll be something that everyone else won't be wearing on Sun.

I booked my flight down already, just waiting on a couple more points for the flight back. But going down is the most important part! If I get stuck down there, it would be absolutely horrible.

As for the backpack... ... you could tell him the obvious ~ it's a backpack, so it's different than a purse. It's easier to carry around, no sliping off your shoulder or something to carry. And, you can put stuff in it for you guys while you're in the park. Snacks, a water, jacket if it's cold in the morning or night. If you bring stuff in for your son, you can hold it in the backpack and the same if you buy something ~ no need to hold the bags, it'll go in the backpack!! See, it's a very use for item, that everyone needs at the parks.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #85
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No bibs needed!! For the merch stuff, race shirts ~ yes. I did that for Tink, by the time I got over to the expo, before it opened, the bib line was crazy insane so I did the expo 1st and the bib stuff after. I was going to do the same thing for DL. I'm hoping for cool DDD stuff, but the girl I was telling you about on Etsy has a cute DDD one that I'm going to order as well. That way if they don't have anything good, or they sell out I can still have my own shirt. Plus I can get the style of shirt I like and it'll be something that everyone else won't be wearing on Sun.

I booked my flight down already, just waiting on a couple more points for the flight back. But going down is the most important part! If I get stuck down there, it would be absolutely horrible.

As for the backpack... ... you could tell him the obvious ~ it's a backpack, so it's different than a purse. It's easier to carry around, no sliping off your shoulder or something to carry. And, you can put stuff in it for you guys while you're in the park. Snacks, a water, jacket if it's cold in the morning or night. If you bring stuff in for your son, you can hold it in the backpack and the same if you buy something ~ no need to hold the bags, it'll go in the backpack!! See, it's a very use for item, that everyone needs at the parks.

About the bibs-good to know.

Good suggestions --will try !! But I also want to see if we get a bag for DL.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #86
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Hey - seems like there will be several of us from the Bay Area at Tink.

It will be my first Disney race & prob only my 2nd one ever, so I am sure I will have a million questions. It sounds like you are speaking in another language, so I sure do have a lot to learn!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #87
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post

It will be my first Disney race & prob only my 2nd one ever, so I am sure I will have a million questions. It sounds like you are speaking in another language, so I sure do have a lot to learn!

Are you doing any local races b/w now and Tink? I'm doing the Color Run at Candlestick tomorrow and in SJ in May and Bay to Breakers in May also.

And don't worry about race slang - you'll get the hang of it in no time! And if something doesn't make sense, ask way!!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #88
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post

Yeah another Bay Area runner !!!!!
Tink is such a fun race, I'm sure you will love it.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #89
mamastew
Mouseketeer

I have a group of 5 ladies that were planning to do the 2014 Princess Half but now want to switch over and do the 2014 Tink instead.

I'll be watching this thread for all the tips!
mamastew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #90
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I signed up for Dumbo Dare- so I'll be back in CA for that one! Talked DH into getting his C2C by going over to W&D (I really wanted to run this- so it wasn't hard to do!) and then planning on Tink and possibly Princess after that! WOOO HOOOO! Can't wait.

I love to runDisney!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: