Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Weight
245 lbs for a gain of 1 lb, within maintaining guide = 2 points (This is where I'm unclear on the instructions, is maintaining for goal weight? If so then I'm zero here)

Exercise
Completing a weekly workout challenge = 2
1 hours of exercise = 1 point

Healthy eating
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day = 2 points, EEK! Hard week at work this week and I've been hitting the Diet Dr Pepper. I think it shows.
Trying a new healthy food or recipe for the week = 0
Taking a multivitamin daily = 7 points
Eating five servings of fruits and veggies daily = 2 points
Eating two servings of dairy a daily = 2 points

It's going to be a muscle relaxer night. I've been on an install the past 3 days and my shoulder and back are not happy with me right now.

I started my training week off good Tuesday night but haven't gotten back on the Treadmill-o-doom since. We've walked around on this job site a bunch and my legs are killing me; I wish I could wear my comfy runners on work sites!! Kept my legs up as I vegged out on the TV tonight and they're feeling less sore now. Sunday is my long run day and I hope to be back up to snuff then.
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 7, 2012 3:48:49 | Indianapolis Monumental 1/2 Marathon - Nov 3, 2012 3:37:29
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 12, 2013 4:00:29
My Blog - 100 Pounds/1 Year
I'm also on RunKeeper as KippWade!

Last edited by KippWade; 03-02-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Unclear on points
KippWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Sounds like a good exercise, I will try to get them in for a couple of days this week (before surgery).

Kipp - Good luck with your Sunday run!

AFM - Beautiful day so far, yes, wind is starting to pick up already, but it is 30 F at 7AM! I already feel more motivated than yesterday!

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
es45
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, everyone,

Lynn: Will be thinking of you during Monday's surgery.

AFM: I had a great trail run with a friend this morning. 8 miles in the book for today. Anyone know how to treat a persistent blister? I'm wearing blister pads and that helps but as soon as I go without one during a run or walk, the blister is back. Socks and shoes don't seem to be the problem. It is at the base of my big toe, at the top of my foot pad.

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Elizabeth - Thanks.

AFM - Did get a good dog walk in yesterday, at least the wind was warm! Today will be the same, it will be the dogs last walk for quite a while, we just have to remember not to feed them so much so they do not put on weight during our recovery. We went to see "Women of Ireland" last night, it was a good show.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #20
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Congrats Rick on your marathon today!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hi team! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's been chilly here but at least the ground is more or less dry. I got in a good solo workout at the gym on Saturday and then good 5 miler in today! Lots of ice on the sidewalks though so I ended up doing more walking than I would have liked but with the wind the way it was, the extra walk breaks were welcomed!

Unfortunately, I gained 0.7 lbs last week. I think it's water but I have to go back and look over my food journals. Here's hoping for a loss this week. My points for last week were:

Exercise
Completing a weekly workout challenge = 5 points
1 hour of exercise = 4 points

Healthy eating
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day = 7 points
Trying a new healthy food or recipe for the week = 0 points (I need to get better at this LOL)
Taking a multivitamin daily = 7 point/day
Eating five servings of fruits and veggies daily = 6 point/day
Eating two servings of dairy a daily = 5 point/day

Total 34 points

I will get the points tallied and the race calendar updated shortly

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
bunnyfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippWade View Post
Weight
245 lbs for a gain of 1 lb, within maintaining guide = 2 points (This is where I'm unclear on the instructions, is maintaining for goal weight? If so then I'm zero here)
Yeah it's for maintaining your goal weight I'll go back and clarify on the original post.

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Just a quick drive by to say Hi to everyone!!!

I have been a slug this weekend, but we did move the furniture around in our bedroom and living room does that count as x-trainning

Here is to a great week to all

Congrats Rick on yet another Marathon you are amazing my friend!!!

Lynn, hope all goes well tomorrow

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
bunnyfoo

Happy Monday! I thought I'd give us a bump up to the top of the page again So the stats from last week are:

Dave 15 points/0%
Elizabeth 40 points/0%
Hung 29 points/ 0.65%
Kim -1.53%
Kimberly 27 points/-0.61%
Kipp 16 points/0.41%
Lynn 35 points/0.67%
Rick 29 points/ -0.24%
Robbie 32 points/0.52%
Vicky 34 points/0.52%

The biggest loser for the week is Kim and the points winner is Elizabeth!! Woo-hoo! Congrats ladies Below are the stats for the first month if anyone is interested. I'll get a total for the points as well tonight.

Stats for February:
Dave -1.84%
Elizabeth -.0.5%
Hung -0.51%
Kim -0.8%
Kimberly -1.69%
Kipp -1.21%
Lynn -1.31%
Rick -0.81%
Robbie 0%
Vicky -3.14%

Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #25
es45
DIS Veteran

Good morning, everyone,

It is cold and windy this morning. I'm planning a trip to the gym this evening for some treadmill time.

Lynn: I saw Scott's fb post that you are doing well. Glad to hear it.

Enjoy the day, all!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #26
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

I am doing well, I am on a continuous motion machine right now, in fact, two of them, both legs are going ,and because of those, I am lying flat on my back, so it is hard to type on this iPad. I got a lot of sleep yesterday which felt really good. I will have to keep track of my PT time for my exercise.

Pixie Dust to anyone else in need.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #27
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone. I ran into November last year and then took the winter off. I hate the cold!! However, I have decided to run the Disney Marathon. More than decided actually. We have paid for the room. We are booked. We are committed. I ran my first run of 3 miles yesterday. The work (and fun) is back on.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #28
bunnyfoo

Hi team!

Lynn - Lots of for a speedy recovery! Glad you were able to get a lot of rest yesterday. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Elizabeth - It's still really chilly here too. Hoping it warms up soon! Have a great run tonight

Tom - Sounds like all you have to do is to register for the race and you're set! I'm not a fan of running in the cold either. I usually take January and part of February off for that reason.

AFM - I got in a 30 minute workout at the gym last night with my chiro and I did 15 minutes on the spin bike myself before that. I had hoped to get in another 15-30 minutes on my own afterward but my chiro asked if I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for him. He had just taken a taping course and wanted to practice on a runner. So he taped my achilles and my knee. He uses Kinesio Tape and I'll have to ask him about the taping method he uses. It's pretty interesting though to have my chiro do it ... I think a lot of the people who work at KT Tape are athletic therapists or have just been trained for taping. He said next Monday he'd do more taping. I said "Sure!" - Anything to get me to the start line uninjured

So I had planned on taking a rest day today but figure I might as well run since I have tape on. Will probably go for a 3.5 miler and hoping I don't run into those two stupid dogs again. Anyone have any experience dealing with dogs?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad
Good morning everyone. I ran into November last year and then took the winter off. I hate the cold!! However, I have decided to run the Disney Marathon. More than decided actually. We have paid for the room. We are booked. We are committed. I ran my first run of 3 miles yesterday. The work (and fun) is back on.
LOL! Out here in Chicago, if I didn't run in the cold, I'd have to take six months off! Glad you are back with us and planning for WDW 2014! Are you going to be running any races between now and then?

Lynn: I am so glad that the surgery went well! Take care and let that recovery come naturally. I am very excited to hear how fast the new 'bionics' will make you!

Elizabeth: Have you checked your shoes at that spot? Maybe there is something there which is slightly protruding? When I was having an issue with a hot spot, I used a product from Engo (goengo.com) that is basically a thin sticker that you place inside your shoe where you have friction issues. You might give it a shot. Check out the web site.

Kipp: How did your Sunday run go? I am excited to run with you again at the Flying Pig Half!

Vicky: I have never gotten 'taped' for a run. What does that do for you exactly? Maybe I am missing something good! I am sorry I did not post my weekly stats for last week. I was so focused on the race that I kept running out of time each evening. I better post it now before the next Friday comes! So here is what I did:

Weight: 246.4

Exercise: 4 (Taper Week kinda cuts into exercise hours...)
Workout Challenge: 1 (I really need to get better at doing these)
Water: 7
Multivitamins: 7
Dairy: 7
Veggies: 3
TOTAL: 29

AFM: Well, I have completed my second goal for 2013! I finished the Little Rock Marathon -- that's 3 Full Marathons in 50 days -- and am now a Marathon Maniac (#6743)! I am SO Excited (and sore) to now be a "Double Agent" (meaning i am both a Half Fanatic and a Marathon Maniac). I won't lie -- I am happy that I won't have to revisit 26.2 until August.

The medal is HUGE and weighs about 2.75 lbs! I wore it around my neck for about 10 minutes and that was about all I could handle! I got to hang out with another WISHer, Susie Capehart and her DH, which was awesome! She ran the Half and without actually planning it, we ended up walking back to the hotel together after the race (we stayed at the same hotel). She was really nice and drive me to the airport on Monday morning. I am hoping she might consider joining HM!

This week is going to be a low activity week. I hurt my hip on Mile 23.5 and had to walk 2 miles before running the last .5 mile in to finish. It is MUCH better this morning tho, So I may do some casual walking this week, and then start some runs next week. I have 3 weeks to my next race -- a 5K -- so I am going to 'ease' back into training and give my body some well deserved rest. I doubt I will exceed 20 miles/per week for the next several months. We'll just have to see.
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

bunnyfoo - good luck on the run today. I am not sure where you are. Is it snowing there? No experience with dogs, but my prayers with you for a peaceful run.

runrookie - I want to have a run in before then, yes. Mainly, I want to run a half. First, to just do it. Moreso though so I can get a sub 2:45 time (hopefully) and get a better corral so I am not in the last one.

So, I am looking at the chicago half in middle may or there is a wisconsin dells one in september. May is cutting it close for training (I would have about 8-9 weeks) but doable, I think. September is more reasonable, But a lot of hills!) The main issue is that I am a pastor. Therefore all Sunday races are out.

For you, good luck on the recovery and hope your 5k goes well.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: