Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #1546
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Photos are great, booked a month ago for 11 nights in May and been studying this thread and these panoramic photos make it all come alive, can't wait now, thanks.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #1547
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

And another one of the courtyard lawn behind building 5 where they show the evening movies. Not quite so interesting, sorry:

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Grounds-2013-0841-pano360.swf

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #1548
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Hi all! We're looking forward to our upcoming trip to Disney. It will be our FIRST time staying at French Quarter!! We've visited the resort many times (i.e. eaten in the food court, enjoyed the Jazz entertainment), but never stayed there. This stay will complete our goal of staying at all of the moderate resorts! I look forward to reading more about this beautiful resort on this thread. Any general tips for us? We've just booked a standard view room. Thanks!!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #1549
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, All!
We’ve stayed at FQ a few times but first time with a little one. Could not find mention of water jets, the pop up kind? Does POFQ have those? Thanks!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #1550
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
And another one of the courtyard lawn behind building 5 where they show the evening movies. Not quite so interesting, sorry:

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Grounds-2013-0841-pano360.swf

Andre
Andre- Do you mind if I send the panorama links to a friend who isn't on the dis? She would love to see these.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #1551
royal99
Earning My Ears

Great thread

Quick question. Do the Downtown Disney/Typhoon lagoon bus from the french quarter still stop at Downtown Disney from the first bus or does it just go to waterpark and back before 10am? If yes it does, what times the first bus? We going in November if that affects the time. Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #1552
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Hi Andre, your new panos are fantastic Giving me a little escape tonight!

The shot of the quiet courtyard behind 5 makes me feel a little homesick. Our kids loved the bunnies on the grass in the morning and the lizards in the afternoon.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #1553
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

March 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The March 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page on portorleans.org for full-size PDF versions, or click on the images below.

The outdoor movies will start at 8pm and the daily campfires commence at 6:30pm this month.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #1554
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
Andre- Do you mind if I send the panorama links to a friend who isn't on the dis? She would love to see these.
No, that's fine. I'll have them on my site too once I've finished tweaking them.

Here's another view of the lobby courtyard. I tried two locations, but there's a minor error in the focus of one segment of this one though:

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Grounds-2013-0787-pano360.swf

Quote:
Weve stayed at FQ a few times but first time with a little one. Could not find mention of water jets, the pop up kind? Does POFQ have those?
If you mean the vertical jets that shoot up out from the floor, then no. There are several 'run-under' water features though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal99 View Post
Great thread

Quick question. Do the Downtown Disney/Typhoon lagoon bus from the french quarter still stop at Downtown Disney from the first bus or does it just go to waterpark and back before 10am? If yes it does, what times the first bus? We going in November if that affects the time. Thanks

Yes, the DTD buses stop at Typhoon Lagoon too. Normally they start running an hour before park opening, so I assume that applies for the water parks too? DTD has places open for breakfast, and I guess you'll need to use the buses to get them until the boats start operating at 10am.

Andre

Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #1555
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

If you mean the vertical jets that shoot up out from the floor, then no. There are several 'run-under' water features though.

Andre
Thanks, Andre. Do the kids have to be in the pool to run under the ones you describe? If not, then it will be great - where are these located?

Thanks again!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #1556
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #1557
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thanks, Andre. Do the kids have to be in the pool to run under the ones you describe? If not, then it will be great - where are these located?
There's a waterfall section over the main pool, plus some Alligators around the side of the main pool and the kiddie pool which shoot water.

Plus the "rinse-off" shower is great fun too:

For more Doubloon Lagoon pool pics, see www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Doubloon.php

Andre

Old 03-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #1558
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Very cute!

Over the years I have shared your PO site numerous times with those who are planning a WDW trip. It is the BEST and always a wonderful resource, even for those of us who have stayed at both resorts over the years.

Thanks so much, Andre!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 03-01-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #1559
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Andre
It's my favorite one yet because I can see My Room! Well, kind of, the door is behind a tree, but - yeaaaa! Oh, how I wish I was back there right now. First stay at POFQ and I'm a convert for life. Thanks, Andre!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #1560
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I've now completed the final versions of all the panoramas I shot last week (including higher quality files for downloading) and they are all viewable at www.portorleans.org/panoramas-POFQ.php.

If you'd prefer Quicktime versions (iPad user maybe?) you can see the full download list at www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php. There are also details there of how to view them 'stand-alone' rather than in a webpage.

Enjoy!

Andre

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: