Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1756
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
Thanks for your response!

We got the dining plan so we had to add a 1-Day ticket to our hotel. That's why we have to check in at Pop first. We'll use that to get admission to HS but upgrade that to the FL Res. 3-Day Discover Disney ticket later on in the day after we have a few FPs and rides under our belt. I've never stayed on-site before so I wasn't sure how long the process would take. Would you recommend leaving our bags in the car to save time on bag check? I think it might be quicker to just hop in the car and drive to HS over the bus. What do you think?
hmm...personally I would just leave the luggage in the car (assume nothing is perishable?) ... otherwise its luggage services and then to pick it up later... and since you have the car, you can drive over to your room area to unload.. It may depend on what time you get to the resort (and of course if the room is ready - always a possibility).

On the driving vs busing ... HS is close to POP... since your plan is to arrive early, buses will be running fairly steadily for park opening... if it appears you just missed a bus (no one in line, the usual indicator ) you just hop in your car.

Some people don't like to drive to the parks, we have no problem doing so when we have a car.

It's nice to have options.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #1757
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All! My reservation at Pop is for March 5 (6 days! ) My question is regarding the room request. I had them note the request for a King room and the area. I know I am supposed to call the hotel directly 2 or 3 days before and speak to someone in the "room assigning department" to reiterate my request. But, should I do the online check-in and note the request, or should I wait to check in when we arrive? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
I don't think this was addressed above...there's actually no way to call any resort "directly" -- any number you call for Pop Century is supposedly routed to a call center.

If you have added a request to your reservation, then that's all you need to do. There's no way to influence a room assigner...that we know of...

And unless online check-in has changed (I haven't used it since 2011) I don't think there's still any way to write free-form notes, and unfortunately it won't show you any requests already on your reservation. But that doesn't mean they aren't there; they just don't show them.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #1758
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I don't think this was addressed above...there's actually no way to call any resort "directly" -- any number you call for Pop Century is supposedly routed to a call center.

If you have added a request to your reservation, then that's all you need to do. There's no way to influence a room assigner...that we know of...
Interesting. I've read those instructions many times from a DISBoards veteran! I'll just wait for check-in though. Thanks for your response!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #1759
Retro Magic
Mouseketeer

I just returned this afternoon....we stayed at POP for a few extra days after we got off of a cruise ship for a bonus on a whim and dare I say, I actually enjoyed myself at this resort! I have walked through multiple times but have never stayed. I really liked the throwback theme. Only downside while I was there were the terrible bus schedules.

It would never be my preferred place to stay, but if I were to ever stay for a short stay again, I can definitely see myself returning
1997 Grand Floridian & Boardwalkšoš1997 All Star Sports & WDW Dolphinšoš1995 Marriot Orlando World Centrešoš1991 Grand Floridianšoš1988 Buna Vista Palace
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #1760
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All! My reservation at Pop is for March 5 (6 days! ) My question is regarding the room request. I had them note the request for a King room and the area. I know I am supposed to call the hotel directly 2 or 3 days before and speak to someone in the "room assigning department" to reiterate my request. But, should I do the online check-in and note the request, or should I wait to check in when we arrive? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
Just wanted to confirm what the PP said - you cannot call the hotel directly - all calls go through the call center. The best thing to do is to add them to your reservation - that's all you really can do. I would however skip on-line check in - that is for folks who just want to pick up there room keys and go. When you check into the resort you can discuss room location options (if your requests are not met). Good luck!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #1761
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie

Interesting. I've read those instructions many times from a DISBoards veteran! I'll just wait for check-in though. Thanks for your response!
They used to accept faxed requests but then because of things like this, the fax volume was getting so high and also the revamping of the reservation system due to new laws/regulations...they did away with taking requests other than in your reservation request section. That is where the room assigners are going to look for this information. So I think you are safest putting your requests in there and then bypassing online checkin. This should hopefully work in getting your needs met! Good Luck!!
FYI...even if you call what is supposed to be the front desk from your room, your call is sent out to a call center. It does not stay within the hotel. So if you have a serious problem, your best best is to GO to the front desk in person!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #1762
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for your response!

We got the dining plan so we had to add a 1-Day ticket to our hotel. That's why we have to check in at Pop first. We'll use that to get admission to HS but upgrade that to the FL Res. 3-Day Discover Disney ticket later on in the day after we have a few FPs and rides under our belt. I've never stayed on-site before so I wasn't sure how long the process would take. Would you recommend leaving our bags in the car to save time on bag check? I think it might be quicker to just hop in the car and drive to HS over the bus. What do you think?
Good Point!! I didn't even think about the fact that you could upgrade later but you'll have to do that at the ticket window on the outside of the turnstiles.
If you go early enough you shouldn't have a problem parking close at the studios. But honestly, I find the bus to DHS to be one of the most efficient since it is SO close to POP. I would just wait for a bus. The POP bus stop isn't that far from the park entrance. For me, it just makes better sense, but to each his/her own....
Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1763
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Just wanted to confirm what the PP said - you cannot call the hotel directly - all calls go through the call center. The best thing to do is to add them to your reservation - that's all you really can do. I would however skip on-line check in - that is for folks who just want to pick up there room keys and go. When you check into the resort you can discuss room location options (if your requests are not met). Good luck!
Thank you so much for clearing that up. I'll definitely make sure it's on the reservation and skip the online check-in. Fingers crossed! Thanks again!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1764
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
They used to accept faxed requests but then because of things like this, the fax volume was getting so high and also the revamping of the reservation system due to new laws/regulations...they did away with taking requests other than in your reservation request section. That is where the room assigners are going to look for this information. So I think you are safest putting your requests in there and then bypassing online checkin. This should hopefully work in getting your needs met! Good Luck!!
FYI...even if you call what is supposed to be the front desk from your room, your call is sent out to a call center. It does not stay within the hotel. So if you have a serious problem, your best best is to GO to the front desk in person!
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the tip about going to the front desk in person!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #1765
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good Point!! I didn't even think about the fact that you could upgrade later but you'll have to do that at the ticket window on the outside of the turnstiles.
If you go early enough you shouldn't have a problem parking close at the studios. But honestly, I find the bus to DHS to be one of the most efficient since it is SO close to POP. I would just wait for a bus. The POP bus stop isn't that far from the park entrance. For me, it just makes better sense, but to each his/her own....
Thanks for your response! I've upgraded the FL Resident tickets inside at Guest Services before, but that was 3 or 4 years ago so things have probably changed. Maybe I'll take the bus then, since it is so close. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1766
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for your response! I've upgraded the FL Resident tickets inside at Guest Services before, but that was 3 or 4 years ago so things have probably changed. Maybe I'll take the bus then, since it is so close. Thanks for the tip!
Well, I would try there first there then before leaving the park. We've always gotten ours outside but GS inside very well may still be able to upgrade you inside as well. Doesn't hurt trying to do it inside first.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #1767
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

Quote:
This struck me as funny...

Mel*Pie.. makes me wonder what that DIS veteran did to get some pixie dust his/her way??

-------------------------------------
And influence?? Well, just pass along some good old fashioned kindness to others... it goes a long way .....

Quote:
Agee with stitchlovestink ...best to add room requests and speak with the CM at check in... which is wny we have never used the on-line systems as yet... we certianly like to discuss our options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Hi chocovrdmicears long time no see...

TY Kook!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #1768
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
This struck me as funny...

Mel*Pie.. makes me wonder what that DIS veteran did to get some pixie dust his/her way??

-------------------------------------
And influence?? Well, just pass along some good old fashioned kindness to others... it goes a long way .....

Agee with stitchlovestink ...best to add room requests and speak with the CM at check in... which is wny we have never used the on-line systems as yet... we certianly like to discuss our options...

Hi chocovrdmicears long time no see...
How do you quote different posts in one reply? I hated to reply so many times but I didn't know how to do this!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #1769
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Magic View Post
I just returned this afternoon....we stayed at POP for a few extra days after we got off of a cruise ship for a bonus on a whim and dare I say, I actually enjoyed myself at this resort! I have walked through multiple times but have never stayed. I really liked the throwback theme. Only downside while I was there were the terrible bus schedules.

It would never be my preferred place to stay, but if I were to ever stay for a short stay again, I can definitely see myself returning
Happy that you went out on a "whim" and tried POP and that you were pleasantly surprised by what it had to offer.

You mentioned terrible bus schedules, which I find odd... POP is known for usually having efficient bus transportation. That's a shame that you encountered not so great busing during your stay.

TY Kook!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #1770
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How do you quote different posts in one reply? I hated to reply so many times but I didn't know how to do this!
Very easy ... In every post on the right hand side is a box with "QUOTE" then a smaller box with Quotation Marks next to it... click on that one in every post you wish to quote.... when you are finished selecting your posts to quote, click the QUOTE button on the bottom lefthand side of the page...you will then be in business!

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: