Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #91
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_runner View Post
Wow, that doesn't sound good Liz. Are you wearing a boot? I hope it heals ok. Take it easy!
Thanks! No boot. He didn't think it would make a difference, or at least not enough to warrant the PITA of wearing one. And I certainly wasn't going to push it. HATE those things! Now, if I were much closer to a race and desperate, I'd probably do every little thing that could make a smidge of a difference. But I have over 6 months until DDD...hopefully enough time.

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #92
DVCMorgan
Earning My Ears

New Duck

Hey everyone. I guess I'm a new duck. Morgan from Knoxville. I'll be running the Princess Half in a couple of days and the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge in September.
DVCMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #93
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMorgan View Post
Hey everyone. I guess I'm a new duck. Morgan from Knoxville. I'll be running the Princess Half in a couple of days and the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge in September.
Yaa! Morgan: welcome to the pond. Anyone on Facebook check out Morgans page, it is DVC Central. It's a great group with lots of Disney information without the snarkyness.

Liz: sorry to hear about your your ankle problem. I'm sure you will be running again by the summer and ready for the DDD.

Phil: I have stayed at Kidani and AS Movies during marathon weekend and I didn't have a problem with transportation.

I have had enough of this cold weather and more snow coming this weekend. No outside running for me again.

To the Princess runners have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing about the race.

Have a good week everyone.
Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #94
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Liz: Sorry to hear about your injury. Here's to fast(er) healing!

Morgan: Welcome!

Joe: I'm with you! And our winters are much milder here in Virginia, but this winter has been more wintry than last. I have spring fever bad. Good thing we'll be in Florida soon, eh?

Well, I finally got on the treadmill Tuesday. I only did one run interval as my shins hurt and it just felt rough. I know it'll come back so I'm taking it slow. I'm trying to get out and walk the dog more, which is beneficial to both of us. Right now I'm really focusing on my diet. I've cut out all processed and refined foods (especially sugar) and eating a mostly vegan diet. Today is day 4 and I'm feeling great.

Now I need to go find a local race!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #95
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I just registered for a race! I'm doing the Chic-Fil-A 10k on May 25th in Newport News.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #96
PhillyPhil
Earning My Ears

Hey Ducks!

Thank you, everyone, for your awesome tips and advice about where to stay! We missed out on BLT, our home resort, but we are going to try for OKW or Boardwalk or Beach Club for marathon weekend. I am definitely planning on going Goofy but if our little ones prove to be too much for my wife to handle this summer I will probably be in it for my 1st marathon only.

Looks like a nice week in the 40's here in Philadelphia so hopefully I'll be getting off that treadmill and into the concrete paradise that is my neighborhood! Hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you all again for the help!

PhillyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #97
McDuck
DIS Veteran

DH and I are officially registered for the Crescent City Classic 10K! March 30th, gonna be a great day in the Big Easy!

(Now I just need to not break a toe like I did last year so I can actually DO the race this year!!!!)

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #98
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Liz, sorry to hear about the injury. Does a bike count as low-impact? Hope you heal fast!

Not much running for me since the week after the Marathon. Have a 5K on St Pats Day coming up. Was away for a week in VT, swam every morning and snowshoed several miles a few days. And spent one day visiting some VT breweries. All-in-all visited 11 over the week, for which I will get a "Drink Vermont Beer" t-shirt. I think that is why I run, just to collect the shirts......

Have a good week end!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #99
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Good morning, Ducks!

Liz - Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope it heals fast.

Not much to report. Ok, nothing to report. Y'all take care.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2007 WDW Inaugural Tower of Terror 13K, 2008 WDW Family 5K, 2008 WDW Marathon, 2009 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Half Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2013 WDW Marathon
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #100
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

[B]Liz[B]: Hope you heal up well and are back to running shortly!

Good luck to sunnygal041, sissy_ib, DVCMorgan this morning on running the Princess! You're in the homestretch now and hope you had a great race!

I'm heading out shortly for a 6k taper run for my HM next weekend. I don't have high hopes for my performance next weekend. I've been tired and weary of running. Will show up and try my best, but I have missed some of my weekday runs (due to work) and feel that I am not as well trained as I should be. Hopefully my base distance will hold me through. I've put on a few pounds since the fall (ugh - after working so hard to take it off!). I've signed up for MFP and hoping it will be a good tool to get the weight off again. Looking forward to having my mojo back!

All booked for Aulani in May! Have our airfare bought now ($4100 for 5 of us, ouch!!!) but only one connection in Vancouver, so that is good. And on Air Canada, which isn't too bad. Our other choice for the price was United and they just get such bad reviews. Shockingly, we have to pay for luggage, and a meal on top of that hideous rate! We're signing up for a family kayaking lesson in Haleiwa, and surfing lessons with Hawaiian Fire! Yes ma'am, surfing lessons from a firefighter! LOL Other than that we will do a North Shore driving tour, climb Diamond Head Crater, snorkel at Hanauma Bay, and see Pearl Harbor and the submarine tour. The rest of the time we will be lazy and alternating between pool and ocean. YAY! Now, just to wait.... 88 days but who is counting?!?

Hope your SUnday is terrific!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #101
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Thx for the well wishes. That was my 1st and last 1/2. Too crowded and humid. It was such a great thing to see all the peeps cheering along the way!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #102
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the pond Morgan!

I have my first race this weekend since the WDW Marathon. I'm running the Albany Half-Marathon this Saturday. I ran this race last year since I live in Albany and it was my first half. I'm looking for a PR. Last year, I was a run/walker and had some cramping issues due to underhydrating and finished in 2:10. This year, I expect to finish somewhere in the 1:55-1:57 range. I've abandoned the run/walk method and consistently run all my long runs in under 9mm so I should be good for my goals! I'm really excited about this race!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #103
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Hi Ducks! Nothing to report here....still not running and no good changes with my injury. Sorry, totally lame update there. lol

Morgan~Welcome to the Ducks!

Joe~Thanks, I hope so!

Carissa~Thanks, I'll take all the healing pixie dust I can get!

Phil~I hope the weather has allowed you to get outside!

Jennie~Keep those toes safe! Hope your 10K training is going well!

Augie~Thanks, yep biking is low impact! Running for t-shirts...whatever gets ya moving!

Vic~Thanks!

Carolynn~OUCH on the airfare! That is the main reason we can't go as many places...airfare for 6 is just too much! It is worth it though, so excited for you and Aulani!

Brandon~Good luck this weekend!!! Kick butt and get that sub-2 hr half!!!

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #104
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Hey Ducks! Long time, no quacks. I have been in a post-marathon spiral. Motiviating myself to run without a big race on the horizon has been tough. But I climbed back on the horse today after about 10 days without a run. Just three miles, but it went better than expected. I have the CCC10K coming up, so that's something to look forward too.

Meanwhile DH, who has had no problem with motiviation, is down to a 8:40 pace. I'm working on my pace jealousy...it's not going well.

Good news is my BFF has lost 25 pounds and has been consistent with her training so far. She signed up for the Color Run in April, so it looks like we will be doing Wine an Dine after all. So excited we will get to share her first Half experience.

Congrats to our Princess runners!

Liz - I hope you are feeling better!

Morgan - WELCOME!

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #105
airman
DisneyNerd

Hello Might Ducks!

Still very cold up here, I'm looking forward to my 3 day getaway to WDW in 2 weeks.
I'm still plugging away with the running & swimming. I did 7 miles Wednesday on the track. That was the longest run I've done since the marathon. Looking at the weather reports are looking up for next week, so maybe I can get back outside for a run on Saturday.
Carolynn: I have some race events to be added to the list.
Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K, Ann Arbor, MI March 10th
Chocolate Milk Martian Invasion of Races half marathon, Dearborn, MI April 13th
Flying Pig half marathon, Cincinnati, OH May 5th
Air Force half marathon, Dayton, OH September 21st
Once the Wine & Dine registration opens up, I plan on doing the 5k and half.
I'm concerned about the price that I have seen for the ToT 10 miler ($175)
I wonder what the price will be for next years Marathon weekend events.

On a personal note, Stephanie is moving into an apartment with Justin the weekend I will be in Florida. She is excited about moving into her own place, but Debbie is going to be a basket case that weekend having her little girl move out. On the bright side Steph is taking our living room set, so we get new furniture!

Have a good week everyone.

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: