Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #331
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious & Curiouser View Post
Does anyone want to share what they have, or are going to make for their Sept trip ? I am totally excited to make pillow case style dresses for both of my girls and a shirt for me outta a vintage Disney flat sheet I have found =) and about a billion other things I have seen on Pintrest lol

Oh and we do Disney Family Movie nights once a week that we will start up soon. I plan a movie night with a disney themed dinner...but this year I'm thinking of using some of the recipes from the parks.

Anyone else ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nothing special other than some new ears:-)))
Just wanted to say I love your ideas! your girls will beaver the moon with the dresses.
My idea is to create a riff on and advent calendar using Disney stickers,,little,toys,treats behind the windows
Coloring books with the pages numbered in a countdown
Some wee little Disney pixie dust (you don't need to use glitter) toy in their pillows for when they wake up

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #332
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeputt View Post
Hi folks!
We went last Sept and looks like we're going again this Sept as well! We booked Sept 21-28th

We're only checking into either POR or POFQ on the 21st, but we're actually going down 1 day earlier and staying off-site to spend the day at Downtown Disney.

My hubby and I are taking my best friend and her 2 boys down with us (ages 13 & 15) so we're really excited! We're gonna have a blast! They were only ever at the Magic Kingdom for 1 day when they were young, so it will basically be a 1st time trip
We booked a room at POR, but we know that it will be VERY crowded, so we have our fingers crossed for Free Dining, and if that comes through for our dates, we plan to move over to our "home" resort POFQ and get 2 rooms. Praying for some Free Dining Pixie Dust!!!

I already know what ADR's I want to make, just gotta wait for Disney to FINALLY release the September calendar so I can put our day schedule together and of course, gotta wait for the 180 days to get here! Currently I'm 212 days out!
COME ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!
Hello there in Hershey! I'm in York!! Seems to be a lot of PA people heading to the world in September. Guess all great minds do think alike!!

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #333
naf917
Mouseketeer

We are going Sept 14-21 and staying at BWV

This trip will also be the first time we are trying the drive down to Disney

naf917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #334
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeputt
Hi folks!
We went last Sept and looks like we're going again this Sept as well! We booked Sept 21-28th

We're only checking into either POR or POFQ on the 21st, but we're actually going down 1 day earlier and staying off-site to spend the day at Downtown Disney.

My hubby and I are taking my best friend and her 2 boys down with us (ages 13 & 15) so we're really excited! We're gonna have a blast! They were only ever at the Magic Kingdom for 1 day when they were young, so it will basically be a 1st time trip
We booked a room at POR, but we know that it will be VERY crowded, so we have our fingers crossed for Free Dining, and if that comes through for our dates, we plan to move over to our "home" resort POFQ and get 2 rooms. Praying for some Free Dining Pixie Dust!!!

I already know what ADR's I want to make, just gotta wait for Disney to FINALLY release the September calendar so I can put our day schedule together and of course, gotta wait for the 180 days to get here! Currently I'm 212 days out!
COME ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!
A fellow Hershey-ite! Looks like we will be staying at the same resort at the same time too! Do you have any kids at Hershey Elem or middle school? Such a small world after all!! We are surprising the kids so shhhhh!! And we are driving down!
I can't believe there are so many of us south central pa going at the same time!

1984 (I was 9) - off site 1989 - off site 1992 -CBR 2006 - POFQ 2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #335
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

September 20-29 at Port Orleans Riverside

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #336
mom_of_3_mousketeers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Does anyone want to share what they have, or are going to make for their Sept trip ? I am totally excited to make pillow case style dresses for both of my girls and a shirt for me outta a vintage Disney flat sheet I have found =) and about a billion other things I have seen on Pintrest lol

Oh and we do Disney Family Movie nights once a week that we will start up soon. I plan a movie night with a disney themed dinner...but this year I'm thinking of using some of the recipes from the parks.

Anyone else ?

We did custom shirts and outfits and the whole shebang last time. This time I am not going all crazy. I am still deciding if we'll tell the kids as they have no idea I booked it. If we do, I thought about waiting for Easter and putting "clues" in their Easter baskets. I'll probably make their autograph books again. I saw a lady on Etsy has iron on decals for shirts...might get some of those. Don't know what we'll do for countdown as it really depends on if and when we tell the kids.
WDW Stays: Off site 1988, Dolphin 1995, August 2009 ASMo, September 2012 Poly, September 2013 POR, 1st adult only trip October 2014 POP

mom_of_3_mousketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #337
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Anyone else ?

I am not going to make them myself, but I would love to have some made for when we attend MNSSHP. I was thinking of a Jack-o-latern with the pumpkin in the shape of a MH.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #338
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:

Anyone else ?

I will be making our costumes for MNSSHP. The 2 boys will be knights and DH and I will be the king and queen. I love Halloween at Disney and we just love to go in costume. I have done matching shirts for previous trips but not this time.

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #339
HollyP
Mouseketeer

We moved our trip up 4 days. Can you change our dates to 9/24-10/9? Thanks!!

06/1986- off property
08/1996- Carribean Beach-Honeymoon
09/2000- DixieLandings
09/2002-All Star Music
09/2009- Port Orleans Riverside
09/2013- Port Orleans Riverside
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #340
66Tink
Mouseketeer

Can you please add us to the list...staying at the YC 9/12-9/17...Me, DH & DD...so excited to be going "home"

Me DH and DD (15)

CBR 2003, Offsite 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, VB/SSR 2009, BCV 2010, OKW 2011, AKV, 2011, offsite 2011, YC 2012,WL 2012, YC 2013

Joanne
66Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #341
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

We are booked!

September 5 - 14 at CBR. I believe I posted that we would be staying at POFQ, but dh changed his mind!

YAHOO!!!
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #342
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone else ?

I don't usually make any special clothing, however this year I am going to attempt appliquing a character on to a tank top. I also am in the beginning stages of making a bag to take into the parks - Disney themed of course. I made one last time we went and I got a lot of complements on it, however it just was not quite large enough. It did have a cross body padded strap which worked very well. This time I'm making an "easy on your back" bag with a Minnie theme.

I'm also thinking of making one with a Cruella deVil theme for Villains night!
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #343
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Can't wait!!!!

Going down in early Sept. for 2 weeks. soon we will be able to make ADR's for dining!!! Then I guess we have to wait till July to do online checkin now that you can do it 60 days out. If it works on the web site. I noticed that many people still have trouble doing it online. Last year we did too so i just called POP to do it directly. when we got there the room was ready at 10am!!! We love POP.

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
trekker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #344
Bortolossi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
September 20-29 at Port Orleans Riverside
We will be there too...Im really excited after all the good comments about POR :-)

Bortolossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #345
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortolossi

We will be there too...Im really excited after all the good comments about POR :-)
We love POR!!

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: