Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #31
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Starring Rolls is so yummy! I could go for one of those cinnamon rolls right now!

I love the TSM line. I swear I find something new in there every time.
YES Starring rolls! and waiting in the actual TSM line is a little less bad because of the atmosphere !
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #32
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Finally MK!

Chapter Six: Finally MK!

Friday, December 7, 2012

We headed back to the Beach Club, changed and I was so pumped for Magic Kingdom! I usually make MK the first park on any trip but it was physically impossible on such a short trip this time.

A very kind gentleman took our picture in front of the amazing gingerbread house!

This was the first time we were using Disney bus transportation this trip, yay!

I get so excited seeing the top of the castle from far away! We made our way toward the entrance and I got SOOO excited seeing the Magic Kingdom all Christmasy! The other parks are great all decked out, but MK is the best of them all!

It was kinda glum out but that wasn't stopping me!

Our first ride was pirates then we did the mountains, it started to brighten up!

I absolutely positively could not get a Be Our Guest reservation for this day . I was up bright and early that dreaded day and waited 90 minutes on the phone for nothing, no worries though! We wanted to see what the wait for lunch was and it was two and a half hours . With this being our only day at MK we decided to try Gaston's! We got two pork shanks and a LeFou's Brew and we were very satisfied with our lunch! They were both REALLY GOOD! And we got a nice little table in the corner of Gaston's Tavern despite the fact it was pretty busy !

We finished up our lunch and were so stuffed! I definitely recommend Gaston's Tavern if you don't want to wait for BOG!

One of our favorite things to do in MK is sit right next to the Walt/Mickey statue on the benches and people watch. We get popcorn and drinks and just sit, take in the sights, and watch how funny people are.

We sat here for a good hour and a half, then I wanted to go look for the Castle Disney Alex and Ani bracelet!

Up Next: My Christmas tree cupcake and searching for my Alex and Ani!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 03-17-2013 at 11:22 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I've been following along Looks like a super fun trip!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #34
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

I've been following along too great trip report so far x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #35
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Ya'll have to be the cutest couple ever!!

I need to people watch at Disney too!

Get on with the engagement, I am patiently waiting for the moment... I hope it was just as special as mine was..

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #36
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I've been following along Looks like a super fun trip!
Great! YES best trip of my life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvic1312959 View Post
I've been following along too great trip report so far x
thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Ya'll have to be the cutest couple ever!!

I need to people watch at Disney too!

Get on with the engagement, I am patiently waiting for the moment... I hope it was just as special as mine was..
Thank you SO much!! It's coming soon I promise!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
Sandite
If only I had been a Halloween Baby!

Loving your TR!!!

My husband proposed to me at Epcot. He likes to take all the credit, but I did all the planning for the trip, all he did was bring along the ring. Plus he hate Disney so he gets no special Disney proposal credit.

Congratulations though and excited to see how he made it work

SURPRISE MOMMY AND DAUGHTER TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2963399
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #38
DonDuck707
Earning My Ears

As someone who proposed at Disney also......I'm in. Looking forward to another update
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #39
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

The proposal!

Chapter Seven: The Proposal!

Friday, December 7, 2012

After people watching for about an hour or so, we headed over to the Agrabah Bazaar to find my Alex and Ani bracelet. Unfortunately, we could only find the mickey head one and I was looking for the castle one! The CM said they would definitely have them at the emporium, so we headed back toward Main Street.

I made a quick decision to go to the Main Street Bakery and get a cupcake. I was hoping they had similar ones to Starring Rolls, but instead I saw a Christmas tree one that I liked! The one I got was a little messed up on one side; and then it got especially messed up when the CM abruptly pushed the tray it was on and it fell over...then she just picked it up and didn't give me a new one or anything !! Do they even wash those trays? Oh well, hakuna matata, it was pretty funny though!

I rotated the cupcake for the best photographic side lol.

While we were in the Main Street Bakery, Brett's dad called. They chatted for a little bit, then Brett had to go to the bathroom. We made our way toward the entrance. I waited outside eating my cupcake ! Brett was in there for a really long time. I just figured he had to poop or something LOL . He came out and said the line was really long.

We then took some pictures of the Mickey's Christmas Carol window displays, which is one of my favorite Holiday specials ! It's only a half hour special but it's too perfect!

Love Scrooge's face in this one, it's truly an "OMG" haha!

TOO Cute!

Then we went into the emporium and I was on a mission to find that castle Alex and Ani! We walked almost all the way through the store, then I asked a CM who said they were a little bit back. I found it and I was SO EXCITED! It's too perfect:

We came out of the emporium and were walking down Main Street. Then I wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion, so I was walking pretty fast. Brett was then like "I have to get my camera out," and he got down on his knee right in front of Casey's Corner. I continued to walk pretty fast, not thinking he would stop in the middle of the street and take his camera out. I was pretty far ahead of him then he yelled "HEY!" LOL, I had to turn around. I came back thinking to myself: UGH c'mon I just wanna go on the haunted mansion, you slow poke!

He had a box in his hand, he was smiling ear to ear, opened the box, and asked "Will you marry me?" My first reaction was "...No" as in "No, you're not really doing this right now are you!?!??" And then I answered YES and started balling . I literally was in such a state of shock! I was so happy! I couldn't believe I was actually proposed to in my favorite place on earth by my real life prince charming!!

As we were hugging I heard a loud yelling "WOO!" I was thinking to myself wow everyone must be so excited for us! I turn around, and my WHOLE FAMILY, Brett's WHOLE FAMILY, and his BEST MAN and his BEST MAN'S GIRLFRIEND, are all there! They were hiding in the emporium watching everything! I was SO OVERWHELMED by everything, I just kept crying! I felt like I was gonna throw up!!! Literally the most magical moment of my entire life . I still cannot comprehend most because of how amazing it was! I don't know what I was more surprised about: the engagement or the most important people in my life being in Disney!

Here are some pictures that our families took:

Our families got us the bride and groom hats and the Just Engaged pins!

What a guy! I feel so blessed to have him .

And of course, here's the ring:

Up Next: More Photos, Sharing the News, and MVMCP!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 05-08-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #40
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandite View Post
Loving your TR!!!

My husband proposed to me at Epcot. He likes to take all the credit, but I did all the planning for the trip, all he did was bring along the ring. Plus he hate Disney so he gets no special Disney proposal credit.

Congratulations though and excited to see how he made it work
It's the same for me! I planned everything for the trip too! Although Brett does get credit because he brought along the ring AND organized all the families to come! And thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck707 View Post
As someone who proposed at Disney also......I'm in. Looking forward to another update
Perfect! :D Hope you enjoy it!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #41
Slatas
Earning My Ears

Awe!!! That was Cute.

Last Disney trip: Poly October 2011

Next Trip: GF October 2013

Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #42
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in! What a perfect proposal story. The ring is gorgeous!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #43
JessM
We all have a dream

What a cute engagement story! You too are so cute together and I can't believe he got your families there for the engagement too! Your ring is beautiful he did good : )
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Awwww! That was such a great update! I seriously had tears in my eyes reading that. I am so happy for you and thanks for sharing that moment with us!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #45
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Love how he proposed! My husband proposed to me last April at Disney World on our annual trip there with the family. Wasn't expecting it at all!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

Tags
beach club, december, engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: