Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #61
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
According to website 2 year Plat at SW San Diego is 330.00 -did you get a sale?

1 SeaWorld San Diego 2-Year Platinum Pass - Adult $330.00 $330.00
Sub Total $330.00
Shipping & Processing $0.00
Tax $0.00
Edit Cart Total $330.00
I have been a faithful purchaser of Sesame Place Super Grover passes for years. Each and every year, sadly, the prices have soared. (In 2008 we paid $113 per SG pass!) We go to Williamsburg once or twice a year and decided this fall to buy Busch Gardens Williamsburg passes. The passes were $320 for 2 years (so same price as Super Grovers) and the pass started the day I purchased them, whereas Super Grovers always expire December 31st. The price for BG-Williamsburg has gone up to $360. We are locked into the $320 price and pay for the pass monthly over 24 months (about $14/month per pass). At the end of the 2 years, BG will continue to bill us monthly at the $14/month rate until we cancel, effectively locking in the price.

Not for everyone, but if you plan on visiting any park a few times year I thought this was a better deal in the long run.

I considered the San Antonio pass, but I really felt weird having my home park as a park I don't have plans to visit.

Last edited by mieuxmew; 02-24-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: additional comment
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #62
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
According to website 2 year Plat at SW San Diego is 330.00 -did you get a sale?

1 SeaWorld San Diego 2-Year Platinum Pass - Adult $330.00 $330.00
Sub Total $330.00
Shipping & Processing $0.00
Tax $0.00
Edit Cart Total $330.00
I have been a faithful purchaser of Sesame Place Super Grover passes for years. Each and every year, sadly, the prices have soared. (In 2008 we paid $113 per SG pass!) We go to Williamsburg once or twice a year and decided this fall to buy Busch Gardens Williamsburg passes. The were $320 for 2 years (so same price as Super Grovers) and the pass started the day I purchased them, whereas Super Grovers always expire December 31st. The price for BG-Williamsburg has gone up to $360. We are locked into the $320 price and pay for the pass monthly over 24 months (about $14/month per pass). At the end of the 2 years, BG will continue to bill us monthly at the $14/month rate until we cancel, effectively locking in the price.

Not for everyone, but if you plan on visiting any park a few times year I thought this was a better deal in the long run.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: