The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

FantasyWorld review Feb 2013

We had a week stay at Fantasy World Resort the first week of February. Because of great reviews on TripAdvisor and other booking websites I thought it was a great choice, although I was a bit leary at some comments regarding outdated room. Therefore, I requested an updated room, which we received.

Anyway, i will start with the positive.
The pool area is amazing!! 2 waterslides, lazy river, nice size pool, hot tub, bar, and activities during the day. you can't beat it! If you plan on spending a lot of time at your resort by the pool, definitely consider here. Overall, the outside of the resort is beautiful.
So the condo... The kitchen is updated nice and is a good size, as well. And the condo is a good size, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, washer/dryer.

Ok, the negative. The condo is still very outdated. The couch and LR chair look about 30 years old, very worn out. The main bedroom, at least for us, really was 2 twin beds put together. What a way to sleep separated from your spouse. The upstairs bathroom, although has a small but nice sink, has a bathtub that was litterally chipping away. Was it painted? I'm not sure but definitely was very old. The toilet was ''updated'' with a new seat- it was a different color than the toilet. The downstairs bathroom has an outdated shower stall.

We paid about $105 a night total, which is great for 4 adults. It also is about 10 minutes or so from Disney entrance and 20 to Universal. With so many choices I would not stay there again but it does have it's pluses for some families.
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Disney Ella
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. I've looked at Fantasy World online a few times and wondered about it. The pool area sounds nice. Hopefully they plan on renovating the units soon.
Disney Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
MKM
Earning My Ears

Lucky girl - did you use the shuttle to the parks? If so, can you tell me how the schedule was?
Considering this resort or the Nickelodeon suites for our 14 11 and 9 yr olds first Disney trip
MKM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: