Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #466
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I never took anything. I think I am too scared. It seems they come back in a few years and tell you all the bad side effects from taking some of those pills and it is scary. I have thought of trying Ally (I think that is it) ... but a girl I know took it and ... it really does work! If she ate anything that had fat in it, she was running to the bathroom. The thought of that really doesn't appeal to me. So, I am trying the all natural approach ... stop eating junk!

And I am Fran, not Mary. Sorry ... just had to add to the thread. And I think I may have called you both Jayne and Eliza. Sorry about that.
I took Alli for a while and it was USELESS! I didn't lose a pound and the side effects are awful, even if you don't take in that much fat. After trying everything (it seems) out there, I decided to go with tried and true Weight Watchers. It's stood the test of time and the ONLY thing that seems to have worked for me (even if it's painfully slow!)...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #467
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

QOTD?

Nope, have not taken any diet supplements ever.

Another page in my foot saga....or as the foot heals...

I THINK I have figured out what it is! I have Metatarsalgia, which basically means toe pain of the tarsals.

I made an appt. with a podiatrist for next week. I am determined to get this fixed!!!!

As a side note, they have something called "CLEAN SPA" with regards to getting a pedicure. I have never had one....hmmm.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #468
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

No diet suppliments for me as such. I take cod liver oil for my joints, but that's it. Not on any prescription drugs either, so guess I'm not doing too bad for 49 and a bit really!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #469
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I never took anything. I think I am too scared. It seems they come back in a few years and tell you all the bad side effects from taking some of those pills and it is scary. I have thought of trying Ally (I think that is it) ... but a girl I know took it and ... it really does work! If she ate anything that had fat in it, she was running to the bathroom. The thought of that really doesn't appeal to me. So, I am trying the all natural approach ... stop eating junk!

And I am Fran, not Mary. Sorry ... just had to add to the thread. And I think I may have called you both Jayne and Eliza. Sorry about that.
'Hlo Helen and Fran lol.

Good luck at the doctor Mystery machine.

Well you guys aren't making my job hard-- think I'll post tomorrows quotd early since most of the eat coasters are down at this point anyway.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #470
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

What's the meaning of your DIS name?

An oldie but goodie and appropriate this week :-) Mine is for Jayne Mansfield. For those who don't know she was a 50's bombshell that sort of played second fiddle to Marilyn. I really love her because she started out with a few kids in tow when her husband was in the army to help support them and she was always working out even back then when it really wasn't very cool. She had a bunch of kids and pets and you may know her daughter Mariska Hargitay of Law and Order. Mickey Hargitay, her second husband was a champion body builder.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #471
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! I'm at the Y but my battery I'd nearly dead!

I'll read what I can and reply later when I get home. Hope you all are doing well! TTYL..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #472
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey--guess I'm up!

QUOTD 2/22

Do you or have you ever taken any diet supplements of any kind?

I remember taking those dexatrims in the 80's and early 90's and they really worked for me but my Mom would get mad at me for taking them and I guess she was right because they got pulled for the ephedrine. I've been taking the raspberry ketones and haven't noticed any special results but I'm really looking forward to getting my chilli pepper supps and the L-arginine.
Nope. I do research on natural metabolism boosters and have tried some (B complex vitamins, caffeine in moderate doses), but never noticed any particular results. I've heard about raspberry ketones recently, but kind of figured the only thing they would lighten would be my wallet ! But I'd love to hear if you have some good results!

Quote:
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

P=Pamela (me)
J=DH's name
L= DD
L=DS
A= last name

It was our email address at the time. Had I realized I would be on here so long, I definitely would have picked something more exciting!

Battery is holding up! but I don't want to risk losing this post, so I'm off!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #473
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

Ah, an easy question of the day!

Obviously my name comes from Scooby-Doo first.

I also picked this name because "The Mystery Machine" describes "life".

Whether it is your body, brain, the solar system, nature, anything unanswered, etc...
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #474
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Starting to feel slightly better. Still coughing (even though the doctor said that the lungs are fine) and also suffer from very unpleasant muscle pain. I tend to get that after virus infections - more or less all the muscles on my backside hurt - I can't really stretch anymore. I normally can touch the floor standing with straight legs, but at the moment I can only reach as far as my knees. Painful and unpleasant, but I am sure it will pass!

Still not really back into counting calories, but I am trying to eat responsibly. So hopefully this will not result in a gain!

QOTD:

Floss is the name of the village where I lived as a teenager and where my parents used to live until recently. Bolna was the name of our family dog. It does not have anything to do with dental floss or candy floss!!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #475
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good morning losers!!!

I have missed you all, but just don't seem to get over here as much as I would like. I hope you all are doing well, and we are looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home, so i hope to read back and catch up on everyone.

I see some awesome colors on the front page of the thread, lots of progress towards our monthly goals!! Congrats to each and every one of you.

I'm following ww and faithfully tracking every bite, moving more, run/walking some, and doing well. Very happy with my weight loss. If I bite it, I write it, and even on weeks when I've used all my points, including activity and weeklies, and gone over, I've still seen a loss. Makes me think how much was I eating before when I just didn't think about it in order to gain so much weight. I am trying to remember when I am tempted the old tried and true ww slogan, Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.. It is nice not to worry about my scrub pants splitting when I need to bend down at work.

I hope you all are doing well, and when you have those bad days or moments, leave them behind you, forget them, and start fresh. Never give up!!!

I"m looking forward to cheering on Nancy-Dumbobuddy tomorrow in the Princess half. Anyone else from the group racing this weekend too? I hope everyone got there safely from the stormy areas.

On qotd- Mi- first letters of ds's name, ka=1st letters of my name, mah-first 3 letters of our last name. Like Pamela it was my first email address. I do wish I had thought of a good disney-themed name.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #476
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

QOTD. Easy i love goofy and figment.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #477
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Hi everyone. I'm a samer this week which is better than a gain, but I'd like a loss. I need to get more serious about not cheating. My goal for today is only fruits/vegatables and lean proteins. My plank is up to 55 seconds. It's tough though. I've incorporated a few hip exercises into my routine too because my hip has been bugging me after runs. I'm a bit conerned about that. I'm only at 10 miles a week or so. I've got lots of miles to prepare for Goofy and I don't want to deal with hip pain. Hopefully the exercises help take care of it.

QOTD: My name is self-explanatory, but it wasn't well thought out. I didn't think I'd be much of a poster so I didn't think it would matter. If I could choose again I'd pick something else. Probably MrsDarling because that fits with my trip report themes.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #478
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Ah, an easy question of the day!

Obviously my name comes from Scooby-Doo first.

I also picked this name because "The Mystery Machine" describes "life".

Whether it is your body, brain, the solar system, nature, anything unanswered, etc...
I had no idea about you name--it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a samer this week which is better than a gain, but I'd like a loss. I need to get more serious about not cheating. My goal for today is only fruits/vegatables and lean proteins. My plank is up to 55 seconds. It's tough though. I've incorporated a few hip exercises into my routine too because my hip has been bugging me after runs. I'm a bit conerned about that. I'm only at 10 miles a week or so. I've got lots of miles to prepare for Goofy and I don't want to deal with hip pain. Hopefully the exercises help take care of it.

QOTD: My name is self-explanatory, but it wasn't well thought out. I didn't think I'd be much of a poster so I didn't think it would matter. If I could choose again I'd pick something else. Probably MrsDarling because that fits with my trip report themes.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!
I was the same too. It's disappointing when you really try so hard. Be sure to do lots of stretching too with the hip. I like your name--it's great.

Yeah I would have picked a Disney name too if I'd known I'd be such a DIS fanatic. I just kind of popped in one day when I was doing trip planning and used one I used everywhere else.

Well I better go check accuweather to see if I can ride my bike today to work since that's the only exercise I'll get. Working these long midshifts suck for working out-- it's just not possible. Yesterday I checked and it said it wouldn't ride on my way to work or after so I risked it and had a few drops on the way to-- not bad and clear for my ride home. It rained all day and night though-- I was worried lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #479
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.
Mine is my regular online name. It originally came from my mom calling me her night angel and my sister her day angel. My sister is a blond and I have black hair. Back in high school, I went by NightAngel99 (graduation year), but then after high school I didn't think that was cool. lol So i needed to change it but NightAngel by itself was never available. I was also a huge X-files fan, so I tried putting an X on the end and it worked! Its unique enough that I almost always get it.

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been really busy. But I have been good at exercising and counting calories.

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Also I've been realizing some non-scale victories. When i was at 220 (and above) it was starting to get hard to put my socks and shoes on. Not too difficult, but enough to be frustrated by it. But a week or so ago I was putting on socks and shoes and realized how easy it was.

Then last year when I was doing fertility treatments often times my wedding ring was so tight it would hurt and leave red marks. I honestly thought about getting them resized bigger because I feared if I got pregnant they might have to be cut off. However now they are so big they are moving around sometimes (but they fit most of the time).

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!! Keep up all the hard work. We can do it!!!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #480
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

QOTD Saturday....boring answer, but Elizabeth is my middle name, and I live at number 32!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: