Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #196
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi
Ok this may be a stupid question but what exactly is Jersey Week? Like I said stupid question, laugh away. Lol
It is a teachers conference in November which creates a long weekend , so no school= everyone in Jersey going to Disney.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #197
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I have searched and Googled and searched some more and I fear the answer is: no discounts available during that time. I think it's because there is an influx of people not just from NJ, but because of the long Veteran's Day weekend.
Shoot.
Well, at least by knowing I have no shot at a discount I can just book a room whereever and not worry about needing to stay at a mod or delux to get fd. And I don't have to worry about waiting until said deal is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post
It is a teachers conference in November which creates a long weekend , so no school= everyone in Jersey going to Disney.
Exactly. Plus our district plans teacher conferences around then. Plus election day. So in a 12 day time frame we have 4 half days of school. It's crazy but might as well take advantage of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #198
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

If you are a member of AAA, I am pretty sure I have received a room only discount with them during Jersey week in the past. Not the best discount, but it is something.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #199
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I'm hoping for a room only pin or an extension to the current military discounts being offered. Since we won't find out about military discounts until the end of the summer (with the way things typically go) I'd love to lock in a room discount at least for early-mid November. We are hoping to run the Wine and Dine 1/2 and then enjoy the early Christmas decorations.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #200
callieriggs
Earning My Ears

Thanksgiving week

So we are looking to plan an extended family vacation the week of thanksgiving. I know the crowds are going to be ...eeeewwww...but it is the only time everyones schedules mesh. Are there ever any pins for discounts or free dining over Thanksgiving? The cost is a little tough with out a deal! Thanks!
callieriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #201
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieriggs
So we are looking to plan an extended family vacation the week of thanksgiving. I know the crowds are going to be ...eeeewwww...but it is the only time everyones schedules mesh. Are there ever any pins for discounts or free dining over Thanksgiving? The cost is a little tough with out a deal! Thanks!
For free dining, you would have to check in the Thursday night before Thanksgiving week, but the free dining would last the length of your stay. Of course, this is based on the last four years--no guarantees with what they will offer this year.

With room only, it's possible you could have discounted nights on one end of the trip or the other, but doubtful during the peak of Thanksgiving break.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #202
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #203
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Is there a nov facebook page?? I belong to the dec..wont know for a couple weeks if we are going the end of nov of first of dec so until then I am going to belong to both groups..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #204
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieriggs View Post
If you can arrive the Thursday before Thanksgiving, you can still get whatever discount is being offered up to the holiday applied to your entire stay. I have done this twice now and have gotten the free dining promotion both times without any kind of problem.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #205
callieriggs
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when the deals for free dining before Thanksgiving come out? Or any other deals for the Thanksgiving week? I have gotten the family more on the Disney side for the vacay planning but I could lock it in if I could add a discount!
callieriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #206
samacita
Mouseketeer

I hear everyone taking about bad crowds during "Jersey Week", but the Touring Plans crowd calendars look really good - except for MK & Epcot at 8.5 that Saturday, the numbers are all 2-6. Is TP wrong? Is the Jersey Week crowd overhyped? Anyone have direct experience being there Veterans Day weekend in recent years?
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #207
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita
I hear everyone taking about bad crowds during "Jersey Week", but the Touring Plans crowd calendars look really good - except for MK & Epcot at 8.5 that Saturday, the numbers are all 2-6. Is TP wrong? Is the Jersey Week crowd overhyped? Anyone have direct experience being there Veterans Day weekend in recent years?
We went last year. The only real crowds were in Epcot (last day of F&W) and there was a marathon. I don't recall meeting anyone from New Jersey! HA!

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #208
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieriggs View Post
Does anyone know when the deals for free dining before Thanksgiving come out? Or any other deals for the Thanksgiving week? I have gotten the family more on the Disney side for the vacay planning but I could lock it in if I could add a discount!
I believe it was in July last year....I'm waiting too....

Try this link for more info http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #209
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Come on FD announcement for November.... We're all waiting Impatiently
Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #210
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Thinking about checking in two days early if free dining if offered.

Even if we check in on last day of offer, we get dining for the week, right? Do regular room only discounts work this way too?

Also, anyone know about how much it is to upgrade from quick service to regular dining if free dining is offered?

At what point do you go for free dining over room only discount? Family of 5, but only one room (inlaws coming and one child is on there reservation). Staying value resort.

Head spinning at possibility of two extra days.
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: