Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #16
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyinoc View Post
I just finished my blue ray commitment and plan to stay on. I like it and they give alot of good deals if you buy more than 1. Its a great way to get a Disney Collection going. I also pay to have the online option as well. You get a website where you can watch all your movies. Sometimes the movie comes with it or you pay $2.99. Its great for my netbook.
When you finish your commitment do you have to keep getting the 4-week mailings and opt of of them, or can you 'quit' the club once you buy all 4 DVD's at full price?

I'm pretty sure I can justify the 4-DVD commitment since at $80+shipping (and $3.99 shipping is nothing to Hawaii) considering we'll be getting 9 movies for that price, but the having to opt out of every 'featured item' for two years is daunting. I figure we'll fulfill our commitment in 6 mos to a year, and I'd like to just quit after that since we have a dozen Disney movies already, probably want about a dozen more, and then won't buy for awhile (it took me 10 years to build this collection I already have bc we don't watch television or movies very much - just spend lots of time on the comp, and a little on the Xbox, and a lot of time on books). It will probably take us about a year to watch all the movies we buy if we join. DS4 only gets one movie per week, if not every other week, we're just too busy to sit in front of the tv.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #17
Sephrina
Mouseketeer

I haven't finished my comittment, but I usually just repsond online. It seems like I receive an email with the featured dvd before I receive the catalog in the mail.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #18
D23Ry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goisles26 View Post
Here is a thread I created helping people understand the DMC:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ney+movie+club
after reading this, it seems that the bluray club is not a very good deal. I am able to get bluray's for under $20 every time through amazon or target (with the $10 off coupon).
D23Ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
1ST08WRX
Earning My Ears

I like it

I have been a member for quite a few years now and i think it is fairly decent.
It is great if you are a member of the disneymovierewards.com website since all the ones from the club should have a code and you can refer friends to get a few free movies.

If anyone is looking to join use this code of mine: 3427d
It will get you 5 movies for $1 and if you get another one at a discounted price it also comes with free shipping and then you only need 3 more over 2 years.

I think now they are getting better with new releases and their prices.
1ST08WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #20
AryaForQueen
.*:*.*Queen in the North*.*:*.

I like it. Our family get movies from it all the time!

The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up
Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

When the snow falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
Winter is Coming.
AryaForQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
JakeJenna
Mouseketeer

How long does it generally take for new movies to hit DMC?
JakeJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #22
Feet9800
Earning My Ears

First time I've heard of Disney Movie Club! Sounds awesome!
Feet9800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea

My boyfriend and I joined DMC a few months ago and we love it. Never had any problems with it, just be sure to respond to the featured title. If you want it, do nothing, and if you don't all you have to do is decline on the website. Simple.

There's a large selection of movies, including more mature films of Buena Vista Pictures Distribution (ie: Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts). Lots of discounts too so we really like it. Especially nice if you're into collecting Disney movies.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJenna View Post
How long does it generally take for new movies to hit DMC?
You can pre-order new Disney films with DMC and from my experience they often come as the featured title. We have Peter Pan on the way, along with Wreck it Ralph which will be out soon!

(If you're not familiar, featured titles are released a few time each month. If you want the movie you don't have to do anything, and if you don't want it all you need to do is press one button, "decline.")
Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

When they ship the movies, who do they ship through?

I just tried signing up, putting my street address in the first line and my PO box in the second, just in case, but I cannot have a PO box listed at all. We live in town and our mail HAS to go through USPS unless it's delivered via FedEx, UPS, etc.
pixi3ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixi3ness
When they ship the movies, who do they ship through?

I just tried signing up, putting my street address in the first line and my PO box in the second, just in case, but I cannot have a PO box listed at all. We live in town and our mail HAS to go through USPS unless it's delivered via FedEx, UPS, etc.
Ours come USPS. We've been members for years and we love it. They take care of us every time we have a problem. Like one time I couldn't access my account online for about a week so I called, the lady helped me, apologized and said I'd be able to access the site within 48 hours, which I was. Two weeks later I get something in the mail stating they were sorry for my inconvenience and to pick one of five movies they listed on the card and I'd get it free. So that's how I got The Incredibles.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #27
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I'm a member, but I'm saving up points for something good like the studio tour.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
chefsparrow
Earning My Ears

I'm a member, and I LOVE it. I just got Peter Pan in the mail today. :-) They really do offer a lot of good deals on movies. I was even able to score the first season set for Golden Girls for 9.99. I recommend it to anyone who is a Disney fan.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #29
JakeJenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Pluto View Post
You can pre-order new Disney films with DMC and from my experience they often come as the featured title. We have Peter Pan on the way, along with Wreck it Ralph which will be out soon!

(If you're not familiar, featured titles are released a few time each month. If you want the movie you don't have to do anything, and if you don't want it all you need to do is press one button, "decline.")
Thanks. I ended up signing up pre-ordered monsters inc. and got it the same day it hit stores. Plan to do the same with Wreck it Ralph and be done with my obligations. Is it worth it being a VIP or better to cancel and do it again with all the cheap movies. I came out with nine combo packs for around $90.
JakeJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #30
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJenna

Thanks. I ended up signing up pre-ordered monsters inc. and got it the same day it hit stores. Plan to do the same with Wreck it Ralph and be done with my obligations. Is it worth it being a VIP or better to cancel and do it again with all the cheap movies. I came out with nine combo packs for around $90.
If you are going to remain a member of the movie club then definitely stay as a VIP and don't start over! As a VIP you (apparently) receive more discounts than a regular member, plus, you no longer need to worry about fulfilling your commitment. My boyfriend and I are only one or two movie purchases away from completing our commitment and becoming VIP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: