DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Discomom703
Earning My Ears
 
Discomom703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

Transferring points question

Hi all.
If i had banked 50 pts (2012) from a contract with an August UY.. and then on August 2013 get my next 50 pt allocation -- if I make a 100 point transfer to a relative with DVC (knowing that we are allowed one transfer per contract per year for both of us.. - can that person book a February 2014 vacation with those transferred points?... can banked points be transferred to another DVC member?
Discomom703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
zippingalong
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 366

You can't transfer banked points.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Too far north
Posts: 3,270

I have 61 banked 2012 points and 100 2013 points and 100 2014 points that we want to use to book a 2BR and a studio at AKV (standard view Kadani) for 12/20-25. We are just buying this contract and just passed ROFR (so won't have use of thes points until end of March-ish). SIL has AKV points currently. If she were to book for me now, how could I transfer my 261 AKV points to her...can't transfer the 61 banked...but can I transfer the 100 13' and 100 14' pts (Aug UY)? Also, if we close, say, March 4th and then Disney takes another 10-14 days to get my points added to my membership...will they show up online right then since they are being added to my 75 HH (Aug UY) membership or will I still have to wait another week or so for the membership # to come in the mail? TIA!
__________________
UP NEXT: Aug 12-17: SSR and BWV (just DDs and I) then Aug 17-22: HHI (all 5 of us)
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
...but can I transfer the 100 13' and 100 14' pts (Aug UY)?
I am also curious about this. In essence you are asking here if you can only transfer current UY points, right? I have the same question as the contract we just got has points we'd like to transfer but I don't know if we have to wait until we are actually in that UY or if we can do it before that UY starts.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,056
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I have 61 banked 2012 points and 100 2013 points and 100 2014 points that we want to use to book a 2BR and a studio at AKV (standard view Kadani) for 12/20-25. We are just buying this contract and just passed ROFR (so won't have use of thes points until end of March-ish). SIL has AKV points currently. If she were to book for me now, how could I transfer my 261 AKV points to her...can't transfer the 61 banked...but can I transfer the 100 13' and 100 14' pts (Aug UY)?
Yes, you can transfer current use year points for both use years, although you may have to wait until August 2013 to transfer the 2014 use year points - check with MS on the timing. Perhaps someone with experience can tell you the actual timing rules.

FWIW, I do not think you are going to have trouble getting what you want. I know it is a busy time, but the 7 month window for December 20 doesn't open until May 20. I think you will be fine waiting for the resale contract to be loaded to your account. Here is drusba's post about what was open at 7 months last year for your week - as you can see Kidani standard was open (only the Grand Villas have a few sold out nights):

DEC Availability: Dec 22 Update for Dec 22-29


Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Also, if we close, say, March 4th and then Disney takes another 10-14 days to get my points added to my membership...will they show up online right then since they are being added to my 75 HH (Aug UY) membership or will I still have to wait another week or so for the membership # to come in the mail? TIA!
Assuming the "new" contract is the same use year as your existing contract, the "new" contract and points should show up online with your existing membership / log-in. That also assumes you titled the new contract exactly the same as the existing contract and that you requested the new contract be added to the existing contract - best if both the closing company and Disney were so notified.

If you happen to get a separate membership for the new contract (you absolutely will if the use year is not the same as your existing contract), you may have to wait to get the new number in the mail.
__________________
Best Wishes -



BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Too far north
Posts: 3,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Yes, you can transfer current use year points for both use years, although you may have to wait until August 2013 to transfer the 2014 use year points - check with MS on the timing. Perhaps someone with experience can tell you the actual timing rules.

FWIW, I do not think you are going to have trouble getting what you want. I know it is a busy time, but the 7 month window for December 20 doesn't open until May 20. I think you will be fine waiting for the resale contract to be loaded to your account. Here is drusba's post about what was open at 7 months last year for your week - as you can see Kidani standard was open (only the Grand Villas have a few sold out nights):

DEC Availability: Dec 22 Update for Dec 22-29


Assuming the "new" contract is the same use year as your existing contract, the "new" contract and points should show up online with your existing membership / log-in. That also assumes you titled the new contract exactly the same as the existing contract and that you requested the new contract be added to the existing contract - best if both the closing company and Disney were so notified.

If you happen to get a separate membership for the new contract (you absolutely will if the use year is not the same as your existing contract), you may have to wait to get the new number in the mail.
Thanks for the great info. I think we will wait to book once our contract is available for use (instead of having SIL book and transferring our points to her). We did get same UY and requested it get added to our current membership and deeded it the same. So, I am hoping we close fast and then Disney transfers the ownership fast and I can book online sometime mid-March (but it could stretch to the end of March...though, as you said, the 7 month window opens May 20 so we should be good). But it's good to know how transfers go because we also have OKW points with a June UY and will likely need to transfer in the future.
__________________
UP NEXT: Aug 12-17: SSR and BWV (just DDs and I) then Aug 17-22: HHI (all 5 of us)
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.