DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #46
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

I have a suggestion for Member satisfaction. Since they bill the double infinity edge spa as a" Sunset view for adults", I think they should make it that way. We have had hordes of very young kids in that spa all week making it less than satisfactory for adults to even begin to enjoy it. There are signs posted saying children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, but I find that isn't often the case, and when it is, the adult is usually outside the spa while there are about 10 youngsters between about ages 4-10 in the spa. Last night a bunch of 8-13 YO's invaded right at sunset and started jumping from the upper spa into the lower one. That's when we left.

My suggestion for Member Satisfaction is to make a couple of hours on each end of the day be an "adults only" time. Since the tubs are open from 8:00AM on, I am going to suggest that they limit the times youngsters under the age of 16 in the tubs before 10 and after 6. That gives the kids 8 hours to play in the spas, and yet gives the adults 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening to enjoy them kid free.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #47
MinnesotaChill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht
I have a suggestion for Member satisfaction. Since they bill the double infinity edge spa as a" Sunset view for adults", I think they should make it that way. We have had hordes of very young kids in that spa all week making it less than satisfactory for adults to even begin to enjoy it. There are signs posted saying children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, but I find that isn't often the case, and when it is, the adult is usually outside the spa while there are about 10 youngsters between about ages 4-10 in the spa. Last night a bunch of 8-13 YO's invaded right at sunset and started jumping from the upper spa into the lower one. That's when we left.

My suggestion for Member Satisfaction is to make a couple of hours on each end of the day be an "adults only" time. Since the tubs are open from 8:00AM on, I am going to suggest that they limit the times youngsters under the age of 16 in the tubs before 10 and after 6. That gives the kids 8 hours to play in the spas, and yet gives the adults 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening to enjoy them kid free.
Diane, I said the same thing about adult only areas at Aulani when I took an online survey yesterday. I've always believed kids have no place in a hot tub (and I have three kids) but I think it's even more important at Aulani where there are more likely to be adults vacationing without kids. If they want to successfully market to both crowds, I think they need to make more of an effort to cater to adults in a few areas. They do it for the spas...
MinnesotaChill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #48
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaChill View Post
Diane, I said the same thing about adult only areas at Aulani when I took an online survey yesterday. I've always believed kids have no place in a hot tub (and I have three kids) but I think it's even more important at Aulani where there are more likely to be adults vacationing without kids. If they want to successfully market to both crowds, I think they need to make more of an effort to cater to adults in a few areas. They do it for the spas...
Yes, and maybe the solution to this is to have the infinity spa tubs adults only and have a separate one that's geared toward children that is attended. I've had a little bit of this issue at WDW too, but not to the degree we do here. We have had to go out before daylight and well after dark to get any kind of peace and quiet in the spa tubs. The other smaller spa tub seems to not be as inviting to the kids as the infinity ones are. I suspect it's that water falling over the edge that invites them to play.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #49
dianeschlicht

Okay, so I talked to several people here about "my" issue with the hot tubs and my suggestion to either make ONE adults only hot tub or have a couple of hours early or late for adults only, and I was told it was impossible because it's Disney and Disney is for kids. Well, in my opinion, it is NOT the kids who spend the money, and if they want the adults to spend the money and bring the kids there, they need to have at least SOME concession for adults too. They did point out the new "kids only" play area they are adding, but the issue is not a "kids only" area, but the need for a small "adults only" area. I was told that wasn't possible. So why is it possible for a kids only area and not an adults only area?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #50
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Okay, so I talked to several people here about "my" issue with the hot tubs and my suggestion to either make ONE adults only hot tub or have a couple of hours early or late for adults only, and I was told it was impossible because it's Disney and Disney is for kids. Well, in my opinion, it is NOT the kids who spend the money, and if they want the adults to spend the money and bring the kids there, they need to have at least SOME concession for adults too. They did point out the new "kids only" play area they are adding, but the issue is not a "kids only" area, but the need for a small "adults only" area. I was told that wasn't possible. So why is it possible for a kids only area and not an adults only area?
I totally agree!

FWIW, these are the things that prevent me from going overboard on DVC vs other timeshare. One of my other timeshare reserves the first and last pool hour of each day for "adults only" and another has an entire pool, neatly divided into lap lanes, for adult use only.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #51
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Who did you talk to that told you that? I'll bet if DVC got enough complaints that were all the same they'd at least consider it. If there's a sign that says kids must be accompanied by an adult and they WEREN'T then the lifeguards should be called out to enforce it. Having an adult "somewhere" sunbathing on the pool deck doesn't count for being accompanied in the hot tubs IMO. Was today your last day? Are you leaving tomorrow? Did it go too fast? Which island are you going to next?

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #52
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Who did you talk to that told you that? I'll bet if DVC got enough complaints that were all the same they'd at least consider it. If there's a sign that says kids must be accompanied by an adult and they WEREN'T then the lifeguards should be called out to enforce it. Having an adult "somewhere" sunbathing on the pool deck doesn't count for being accompanied in the hot tubs IMO. Was today your last day? Are you leaving tomorrow? Did it go too fast? Which island are you going to next?
Yes, way too fast, and we are headed to the Big Island tomorrow. Here is what the hot tub looked like this morning. At least there were adults there today.

Last edited by dianeschlicht; 03-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #53
dianeschlicht

Not only did we see sea turtles on the beach beyond the Marriott, but today there was also a Monk Seal there!
[

Last edited by dianeschlicht; 03-03-2013 at 07:42 PM.
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #54
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
I totally agree!

FWIW, these are the things that prevent me from going overboard on DVC vs other timeshare. One of my other timeshare reserves the first and last pool hour of each day for "adults only" and another has an entire pool, neatly divided into lap lanes, for adult use only.
The "line" from DVC is that it's Disney, so lots of kids. Aulani though, is also billed heavily for adult enjoyment (note the world class spa), and for weddings, yet there is no place to enjoy a nice adult only area unless you spend a couple hundred extra dollars for the spa.

I'm not asking for much. Only ONE hot tub for adults only or even a couple of hours early or late for adult only enjoyment. I just think it is unbalanced to have so many "children only" areas but no adult only areas as well.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #55
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Your hot tub picture looks more like a kiddie pool. That's crazy!

I totally get your concerns. We never let our kids in the hot tub...it is a place for adults to unwind.

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #56
MinnesotaChill
Mouseketeer

We could start an online petition...
MinnesotaChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #57
dianeschlicht

...And now it's time to leave this marvelous place!!! I KNOW I will want to come back. I think this is the best DVC resort by far. The amenities, the housekeeping, the customer service, EVERYTHING is top notch here. My two complaints were really minor in the long run. The only real complaint I had was that there wasn't an adults only place to enjoy relaxing here other than the Lawani Spa. I had hoped that coming in February would mean more adults, but that didn't seem to be the case. I must say, I don't believe I would ever want to come here in summer. I'm thinking the beginning of September at the beginning of school time might be the best time. Hmmmm, starting to plan our 50th anniversary in 5 years. Maybe if we go on our actual anniversary, it would be a good time to be here (August 24).
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #58
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
The "line" from DVC is that it's Disney, so lots of kids.
I believe the DCL cruise ships have an "adults only" pool/spa area ... ??? (Just sayin')
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #59
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe if we go on our actual anniversary, it would be a good time to be here (August 24).
If you want to increase the odds of having fewer kids, wait until after Labor Day week. Schools in our area (west coast) return after Labor Day, often starting mid-week. So parents who want to have that last family vacation and who don't mind keeping kids out a few more days could plan one more vacation that week and save some $ by avoiding the summer high season.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #60
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht
...And now it's time to leave this marvelous place!!! I KNOW I will want to come back. I think this is the best DVC resort by far. The amenities, the housekeeping, the customer service, EVERYTHING is top notch here. My two complaints were really minor in the long run. The only real complaint I had was that there wasn't an adults only place to enjoy relaxing here other than the Lawani Spa. I had hoped that coming in February would mean more adults, but that didn't seem to be the case. I must say, I don't believe I would ever want to come here in summer. I'm thinking the beginning of September at the beginning of school time might be the best time. Hmmmm, starting to plan our 50th anniversary in 5 years. Maybe if we go on our actual anniversary, it would be a good time to be here (August 24).
Our school has the entire week off for mid winter break and most of the districts around us (Seattle) have at least a long weekend for Presidents day and I know tons of families on vacation now. I'd imagine you hit some of that. I'm hoping it won't b as bad over Memorial Day for our couple trip but I have a feeling I'm deluding myself.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: