Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #436
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone - Jill is posting such interesting QOTD, sorry for not participating but some nasty bug has decided to reside with me. Might even be the flu. My eating is kind of all over the place as I just try to find stuff that is easy. Of course my 30 Day Shred has come to a complete stop... I guess once I feel better I will restart with a few days on level 1 before trying to get back onto level 2... In the meantime, I hope everyone else is being successful, I am counting on all of you to help me get back into the good habits of journalling food and exercising once I am healthy again!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #437
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
So sorry this is late again. But, here is your QOTD:

QOTD Wednesday, February 20

What item in your kitchen has helped you the most in your journey to better health?

I'll be back to reply in a bit.

Jill
The blender. I have to start making my breakfast smoothies again....

Did a little online research last night found out that alcohol not only adds empty calories but also could slow down metabolism. Well-- it burns itself before it burns fat for sure anyway. So I've decided to keep it to 4-6 oz a night and no more than 8. I ordered Capsaicin tabs to take at night with my drinks and found an easy recipe I like for vodka--just hot sauce, water and vodka, kind of bloody mary but good not gross. I added some chilli peppers spices to it. I still like 0 calorie tonic water because it helps my restless leg thing but it does have aspartame so I will cut back on that. I also take my prozac at night and that has been proven to slow down metabolism, so hopefully the chilli pepper tabs will help spike it a bit. I also ordered some L-arginine to take before my workouts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #438
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:

What item in your kitchen has helped you the most in your journey to better health?

Jill
Have to jump on the kitchen scale bandwagon here! Just knowing what ounces look like has made a big difference in portion sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone - Jill is posting such interesting QOTD, sorry for not participating but some nasty bug has decided to reside with me. Might even be the flu. My eating is kind of all over the place as I just try to find stuff that is easy. Of course my 30 Day Shred has come to a complete stop... I guess once I feel better I will restart with a few days on level 1 before trying to get back onto level 2... In the meantime, I hope everyone else is being successful, I am counting on all of you to help me get back into the good habits of journalling food and exercising once I am healthy again!
Get some rest and feel better! My goodness, what is going around on this board everybody?!? Eat up some of those yummy Florida oranges! If you don't have any, I can definitely send some!

Lisa-I figured out the goal weight by the WW info about BMI. Now, I'm not a fan of BMI as it doesn't take into account what is actually making up the weight (lean muscle mass versus everything else), but I thought it seemed realistic. Plus, I remember reading somewhere that a good proportional weight based on height is 100 pounds up to 5 feet, then 5 pounds for every inch above that. Sorry for our friends across the pond, I don't know what the metric conversion would be!

On a side note, the DH was officially hired today for a new job he's wanted for the past year! Ironcially, he will be officially retiring from his old job after 25 years and starting the new one all on the same day. He's going through the whole range of emotions at the moment, but we're both so happy and excited!!!.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #439
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur

Jill
Hmm I used to have a food scale but I never use it now - maybe I should lol. I really feel like I have a grip on what a portion size is my problem is I just don't care

I love my vitamix. I'm not a veggie fan at all and making smoothies w veggies in them is great for me.

I saw this on dr oz today about your calories and when to eat. A study was done and people ate the same amt of calories per day but laid them out differently (more in the am vs more in the pm) and the people who ate 60% of their calories before 3pm (I think) lost more weight. Not always easy!

Well I got 1 curtain hung. Hanging curtains is really a 2 person job but I did not want to wait.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #440
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Scale, measuring spoons and cups are key for me. And the Internet. The fact that a lot of places post their calories online really helps. I've noticed that MFP is not accurate most of the time so searching online has helped.
Yesterday we had Wendy's for lunch and I was able to customize my chicken sandwich online to know that the sandwich had 220 calorie bread. I swapped it out for my Arnold thins and saved 120 calories.

Ok, so I know I shouldn't complain because there are bigger issues in the world, but...... My pants and undies keep sliding down!! Lol
I just bought new undies but last week they were a little snug, guess I need to try them in again. But these yoga pants are brand new! I won't buy new yet, I think I'll have my mom take them in a bit.

Also had a good moment today. Went back to the kids old school because DS12 still participated in sports there and it felt good walking into the building 16 pounds lighter and looking better in my clothes. I didn't realize it until I was looking in the mirror getting dressed for the meeting, that part of the reason I packed on the pounds and kept it on because that building sucked the life out if me. Every time I hear about the drama there it really solidifies my decision to pull the kids out. I know many of you remember how hard it was making that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #441
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I buy it but I need to look into making it-- I'm sure I could make it less caloric that way. Right now the most healthy thing I do with it is add sun dried tomatoes. I found the ones I used to buy at Costco in the bag at a local grocery supply store so will need a visit there soon. It's a fun place to go, and they have those big things of lunch sized sun chips that would really work for me right now.
I have to try to remember to think of hummus for breakfast. I've never made it at home, but it seems easy enough, right?
Vet visit went well considering I was a day early lol. They took me anyway-- one of the ladies there is a fellow Disney fanatic think that gives me some pull there lol. (they're just really nice) It was kind of funny I wasn't planning on working out early I was going to go later but I got really behind surfing the Disney store. Decided to check and see if the Olszewski Hitchiking ghosts was back on the site yet and it was! Got it for husband because he wanted it when we were there and I discouraged him becuase I wasn't sure if it would make it back ok on the plane. Of course it hasn't been available since we got back...Anyway I got so excited I forgot I had a $25 gift card and a $5 gift card from Disney so I had to call them and fix it. I also hurriedly added a Mickey water bottle I had been eyeing because of the free shipping. Really didn't bother to ask the vet anything becuase she is getting so heavy--just in the middle. Glad the vet went well. You must've been so excited that you went a day early lol. Score on the Disney stuff!
Cleaned my closet out tonight for her and went through 3-4 bags of pants I put away becuase they were all too small and gained back at least 10 pairs of pants. Woo hoo-- my own NSV!
There's a few that are a little tight but those are good to leave out for motivation.
Yay for NSV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Wed morning everyone.

I had such a long day yesterday that by 9 I asleep on the couch. I had a crappy night sleep. I was awake every hour for some reason.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

I just got in some yoga and off to have breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day
I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. Nice work on the very early yoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning all!

I am sitting here hungry and thirsty. I have to get my blood drawn at 8am. Blah....I want my coffee!

I bought another pair of Yoga Pants at WalMart. Man I love those things.

Not much to report really. Things are chugging along and I am starving!!!

DH is getting his blood drawn today to. We are going head to head in blood draws.
Glad things are chugging along. I'll have to look for these awesome yoga pants. What brand are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Good morning

QOTD yesterday. Oh yes I eat breakfast. It is so important in healthy eating. I feel like so many women have convinced themselves that they can't eat breakfast since its the easiest meal to skip and we feel like we save some calories. My BFF always tells me eating in the morning makes her sick but I've seen her plenty of egg mcmuffins in the morning and we've gone to breakfast after dropping the kids off. I've read about people dropping weight easily by just reversing their meal sizes. I can't remember the saying but eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a ? And dinner like a peasant. So many people tend to skip breakfast and load up on a big dinner late at night. On my work days a drink a protein shake (metrx abt 260 calories and high protein) since I can't take breaks for a snack at work and sometimes lunch gets pushed back so it keeps me plenty full. I e gotten into those jimmy dean delite breakfast sandwiches. It's the first microwave breakfast sandwich that's tasted edible. It's actually good! I do the sausage egg muffin.

Reversing meal sizes makes sense to me, but I don't know if I could do it. My family is pretty hungry by dinner time. Have you seen the new Special K breakfast sandwiches? I think I am going to look up the points for them next time I am at the store. I love breakfast sandwiches.

Well I'm not sure hat happened last night at the store w the kids in tow - well I know that was my first problem right there! And Tom is soon approaching. But I ended up w a package of peeps and a package of double stuff Oreos oh and some iced animal cookies in my cart. I let the kids each pick 1 treat a week but I caved on the peeps. I ate 2 peeps and 3 Oreos lady night

Kids and DH are not allowed grocery shopping with me. Actually, DH is the worst. He just throws junk food in the cart when I'm not looking. Really, 2 peeps and 3 Oreos isn't that bad. I don't like peeps but could eat a whole package of Oreos lol.

Guess its on the treadmill for me this morning!!

I'm determined to get my new curtains hung in the bedroom. I've never "done" our bedroom before because its the room no one ever saw so we never cared. But in our new house I'm doing it up nice! Just got my chocolate brown tufted king size headboard. I want a chandelier but not sure what hubs will think.

Have a great day!!
Sounds like a good plan to do up your room. I'm sure it'll look awesome when you are all finished. Have fun!

Quote:
I guess I skipped the breakfast question and I should answer this one....

I actually had to CUT DOWN my calories at breakfast. I am someone who can easily down 2000+ calories at breakfast. Yep.

Good idea to cut back a bit

Now I try and keep it 300-500.

My favorite healthy breakfast would be a "garden benedict".

Includes a whole wheat english muffin, egg whites, slice of tomato, dash of shredded cheddar (just to taste) with a side of steamed aparagus.

(In the past I would make hollandiase sauce and use ham in it as well and a whole poached egg.) OK, now my mouth is watering....so hungry.
The garden benedict sounds so yummy. I've never thought of asparagus for breakfast, but I may have to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Jill, hope that you continue to feel better today! Sounds like another day of rest would be good for you.

Thank you. I am feeling a little better. I'll be back at work tomorrow.

I do take a multivitamin -- generic of Centrum Silver for us mature folks. I also take vitamin D when I remember and flaxseed oil. I cannot calm my brain down enough for meditation but I wish that I could.

What about yoga? I find that a can concentrate enough during yoga that my mind doesn't race and it's still very relaxing for me.

I do eat breakfast every day. It is usually an english muffin and protein, either an egg or string cheese. Later in the morning I may have fruit. On Sundays I fix french toast -- which is really not much different than toast and eggs.

Have a great day all!
Do you usually eat your egg or cheese on the English muffin, or do you eat it plain? My kids love English muffins (with butter and jelly though) and I love them with an egg fried in Pam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I love breakfast! I try to NEVER miss it! I like lots of different breakfast foods. I stick mostly with just a few.... egg white... usually in omelets and wraps with veggies and sometimes some cheese; steel cut oats... usually cooked overnight in the crockpot; greek yogurt with fruit and a bit of Fiberone cereal; cottage cheese with fruit or plain; and on the weekends, for a special treat, I sometimes make my flaxseed pancakes (Dr. Oz recipe).

Less frequently, but good in a pinch is instant oatmeal, instant grits, Vitamuffins (sometimes with my eggs), cheese stick and fruit.

Well, you just made me hungry lol. Although, I do not like Greek yogurt. I think I'm the only one. What brand do you like?

SO nice of the boys to take care of you! That is something IMPORTANT to teach them!

They have always been very caring and nurturing when I am sick. It makes me smile

Did my hour on the TM last night but the foot was bothering me again... plus my neck hurts again today. I think I need to lay off of the TM until I can get some new shoes! But it is the end of the month and the $$ is tight, as usual, so I will need to either pull it out of savings or wait until after the 25th (DH gets paid once a month).

I've got 8 minutes to take a potty break and then go retrieve my kiddos in P.E. and queue up the movie! TTYL............P
Maybe you should ask a doctor about your neck? Do you look down while you are on the TM (reading a book or anything)?

Quote:

Jill
I think my measuring cups and spoons are used the most. It really makes me thing about portion sizes. A serving of cereal really isn't that big. I think DH eats about 5 servings at a time!

Quote:
1. Food scale.... hands down!!

2. Measuring spoons.

3. Glasslock food storage containers! They enable me to make up meals ahead and warm them at school/work without worrying about cooking in plastic!

Jill....are you feeling any better??................P
I am feeling a little better. Dr said I probably had the flu but am getting to the end of it, so he didn't want to prescribe Tamiflu. But, he gave me an antibiotic for my cough and sinuses, so I hope that helps a little. My fever stayed down after 9:00 am, so I am planning to go back to work tomorrow.

I knew you'd mention your food scale! I need to invest on glass containers. I think I would be so much more organized.

Quote:
QOTD?

The Biggest Loser FOOD scale.

It really made me "SEE" what is a serving for 2000 calorie diet.

Just using that simple nutritional guideline on the package has made a huge impact on actually losing weight.
Good for you for using your food scale. I know they are a huge hit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
pjlla......I put the weetabix in the bottom of a bowl, then pour the yoghurt over. I then go fo my shower, do hair, get dressed etc, then come back and add the fruit before hasty consumption (I'm always runnung late!!). The weetabix go a little softer with this method, but still ahve a bit of crunch which I like. I find that if I use milk they just disolve into a porridge-like mush.

This actually sounds pretty good to me. I may have to try it when the weather warms up a bit!

My excellent Santuko knife (spelling??) and my 'V' slicer. I used to spend hours chopping away with ineffective knives, but now salads and veggies almost chop themselves. Much less effort required to create healthy meals.
A good knife can make such a huge difference. I'm glad that yours is making your life easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hmm, Staying out of it! Lol

I hate to cook, I'm a terrible cook and when I go into the kitchen, nothing good comes of it. I'm trying to learn a few simple healthy recipes, other than salad. Oh yeah, I also make a really good cup of tea using my Kuerig!
Get in that kitchen and try some new recipes. You'll be fine! You don't have to be Julia Child. Trust me. I am not a great cook, but I can follow a recipe. I love my Kuerig and wish I had some good tea or cider here, but all I have is coffee. What kind of tea do you like for yours?

Quote:
Oh no! I hope you get feeling better soon. Take it easy getting back into the workouts. Don't push it too soon or too hard.

Quote:
The blender. I have to start making my breakfast smoothies again....
I love smooties but hate cleaning my blender lol. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of mine. Do you make the same smoothie every morning or do you mix it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Have to jump on the kitchen scale bandwagon here! Just knowing what ounces look like has made a big difference in portion sizes.

Good for you for using your scale!

Get some rest and feel better! My goodness, what is going around on this board everybody?!? Eat up some of those yummy Florida oranges! If you don't have any, I can definitely send some!

I would love some fresh oranges! In fact, I craved orange juice yestrday and drank about 5 glasses.

On a side note, the DH was officially hired today for a new job he's wanted for the past year! Ironcially, he will be officially retiring from his old job after 25 years and starting the new one all on the same day. He's going through the whole range of emotions at the moment, but we're both so happy and excited!!!.
Congrats to DH!

Quote:
Hmm I used to have a food scale but I never use it now - maybe I should lol. I really feel like I have a grip on what a portion size is my problem is I just don't care

I love my vitamix. I'm not a veggie fan at all and making smoothies w veggies in them is great for me.

I've heard the vitamix is great. Good for you for getting your veggies!

I saw this on dr oz today about your calories and when to eat. A study was done and people ate the same amt of calories per day but laid them out differently (more in the am vs more in the pm) and the people who ate 60% of their calories before 3pm (I think) lost more weight. Not always easy!

Well I got 1 curtain hung. Hanging curtains is really a 2 person job but I did not want to wait.
Hope you finished your curtain hanging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I am actually feeling a little better. I guess I'll be back at work tomorrow. I've still spent the day resting and getting organized for work tomorrow.

To be on the safe side, I think I'll post the QOTD for tomorrow later tonight. I think I'll be a little busy in the morning and probably not be able to post 1st thing.

Have a great night!

Jill
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #442
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Huge congratulations to your DH!

Quote:

I KNOW that in my heart about the eating pattern, but I can't seem to break myself of the "eat more at night" habit that is so ingrained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Scale, measuring spoons and cups are key for me. And the Internet. The fact that a lot of places post their calories online really helps. I've noticed that MFP is not accurate most of the time so searching online has helped.
Yesterday we had Wendy's for lunch and I was able to customize my chicken sandwich online to know that the sandwich had 220 calorie bread. I swapped it out for my Arnold thins and saved 120 calories.

Ok, so I know I shouldn't complain because there are bigger issues in the world, but...... My pants and undies keep sliding down!! Lol
I just bought new undies but last week they were a little snug, guess I need to try them in again. But these yoga pants are brand new! I won't buy new yet, I think I'll have my mom take them in a bit.

Also had a good moment today. Went back to the kids old school because DS12 still participated in sports there and it felt good walking into the building 16 pounds lighter and looking better in my clothes. I didn't realize it until I was looking in the mirror getting dressed for the meeting, that part of the reason I packed on the pounds and kept it on because that building sucked the life out if me. Every time I hear about the drama there it really solidifies my decision to pull the kids out. I know many of you remember how hard it was making that decision.

Buy thyself some new undies! Glad you had a moment to feel so good about yourself...and so good about the decision you made for your kids!

Jilll...glad you are feeling better!

Evening all! DD is getting out of swim early tonight to study for a biology test, so I won't be getting home too late!

i'm working again tomorrow. Hopefully I can be more organized about my food!

I won't be surprised to not show a loss this week..I haven't been eating enough. I had dinner before I left for the Y tonight and when I journaled it and did the math I realized that I had had only half of my day's calories, even including dinner. And yesterday was similar. I had peanut butter at 10 pm last night to get in some more calories before I went to bed. Not sure why this week in particular is turning out this way, especially since I had preplanned all of my meals and snacks! But I keep forgetting to pack some things and forget to eat other things.

DD is in the locker room and I'm going to go be the best Mom and warm up the car and pick her up at the door. Tonight is really cold and I don't want her riding in a cold car with wet hair for too long.

Maybe I'll splurge and get a light decaf latte on the way home! ..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #443
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jilll...glad you are feeling better!

Thank you so much!

Evening all! DD is getting out of swim early tonight to study for a biology test, so I won't be getting home too late!

i'm working again tomorrow. Hopefully I can be more organized about my food!

I won't be surprised to not show a loss this week..I haven't been eating enough. I had dinner before I left for the Y tonight and when I journaled it and did the math I realized that I had had only half of my day's calories, even including dinner. And yesterday was similar. I had peanut butter at 10 pm last night to get in some more calories before I went to bed. Not sure why this week in particular is turning out this way, especially since I had preplanned all of my meals and snacks! But I keep forgetting to pack some things and forget to eat other things.

I only wish my problem was not enough calories! I'm sure the scale will be your friend this week.

DD is in the locker room and I'm going to go be the best Mom and warm up the car and pick her up at the door. Tonight is really cold and I don't want her riding in a cold car with wet hair for too long.

Awww...she'll appreciate that!

Maybe I'll splurge and get a light decaf latte on the way home! ..........P
Oh yum! If I got a latte this late, I would never get to sleep or have crazy dreams that feel like I'm in fast forward. Does that happen to you with caffeine or am I the only one whose family calls her Grandma for not being able to have caffeine this late?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. I guess 4 days of fevers makes my brain turn to jello. I swear I am so scatter brained right now. My midterms are due tomorrow, and I got them all finished today. But, I just couldn't get myself to do my IEP progress reports. I cannot find my flash drive & I have looked everywhere. I think I need to sit down and make some lists. My brain is just jumping from one thing to the next that I need to remember. Bah!

Anyhow, I am going to post the QOTD so I don't forget that, too! Then, I am heading off to bed (after some list making). I'll check in tomorrow and see how everyone is doing.

Jill
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #444
jillbur
DIS Veteran

QOTD Thursday, February 21

Are you an adventurous eater? What's the craziest thing you have ever eaten?

Jill
Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #445
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jill
No...lol. I guess ceviche. We started making it at work and everyone else was eating it-- I just thought it looked gross but I finally tried it and was addicted. I should make up a batch for myself at home since we don't make it at work any more.

Quote:
I love smooties but hate cleaning my blender lol. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of mine. Do you make the same smoothie every morning or do you mix it up?
Pretty much yeah--yogurt, frozen berries, a banana, milk. I just do the thing where you just put water and soap in the blender after and turn it on.

Put my hand on Misty's stomach for about 6-7 minutes and I think I felt movement. They say you can feel movement in the last 2 weeks.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #446
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jill
Happy Thursday everyone!!! Kid is off school as we are waiting on the impending doom of "thunder sleet/snow/ice"....should be an interesting day. I am fully prepared.

Oh yea, I am an adventurous eater. Fried crickets and chocolate ants would be the oddest thing I ate that I can think of off the top of my head.

Hope everyone has a great day here. I will be around cleaning and watching it snow/ice/sleet.

We will see...weather people are not quite sure what is going to happen yet. All depends on the temps.

I am hoping for some ice so I can get some great pics.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #447
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!

I haven't been on much this week because I've just been feeling blah. I've been reading along but just haven't posted.
I got back into one-derland this week and should be really excited but I'm not. My weight hasn't budged since Saturday and I just feel stalled. I also have felt really bloated and backed up all week (sorry, TMI). I guess it's just disappointing to be putting in so much work and not see results. I know I'll have many weeks like that and need to get used to it but it's hard, especially when I've been making such an effort. I've been baking/frosting/decorating my DD's 2nd bday cake all week and haven't eaten any of it! Usually when I would bake I would eat half the bowl of icing myself (well maybe not half, but at least a few tablespoons).

My doc has also decided to start me on antidepressants (haven't gotten the script yet) and that has me down because I know a common side effect is weight gain. It just all feels like an uphill battle right now.

At least today should be a fun day. I volunteered to go with my DD's kindergarten class to the museum today.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me and that the scale is nice to everyone tomorrow!!
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #448
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:

Jill
Hmmm, I have to think about that one. I'm definitely not that adventurous! Maybe venison? Yuck! I did try to get in a taste of hassenfeffer(?), but all I kept seeing was my lop-eared bunny's face and put it back down on the plate. SO glad I don't eat meat anymore!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #449
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Oh yum! If I got a latte this late, I would never get to sleep or have crazy dreams that feel like I'm in fast forward. Does that happen to you with caffeine or am I the only one whose family calls her Grandma for not being able to have caffeine this late?

Guess you missed the word DECAF in my statement! I can do caffeine late in the day, but I wouldn't dare do it past dinner time! I used to be able to handle caffeine at any time of the day, but not any more! I didn't end up getting the latte anyhow. I did want to spend the $$.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. I guess 4 days of fevers makes my brain turn to jello. I swear I am so scatter brained right now. My midterms are due tomorrow, and I got them all finished today. But, I just couldn't get myself to do my IEP progress reports. I cannot find my flash drive & I have looked everywhere. I think I need to sit down and make some lists. My brain is just jumping from one thing to the next that I need to remember. Bah!

Anyhow, I am going to post the QOTD so I don't forget that, too! Then, I am heading off to bed (after some list making). I'll check in tomorrow and see how everyone is doing.

Jill
Glad you are feeling better. Sorry you feel so scattered though. I HATE days like that!!

Quote:

Jill
Not really adventurous. I will try nearly any "real" food item, but draw the line at things like bugs. I actually LIKE liver, but have never tried tongue or brain or eyes or any other organs. I have eaten ostrich and buffalo... guess that is as "wild" as I have gotten. Craziest thing.... unidentified leftovers from the back of the fridge! And it didn't kill me!

Quote:
No...lol. I guess ceviche. We started making it at work and everyone else was eating it-- I just thought it looked gross but I finally tried it and was addicted. I should make up a batch for myself at home since we don't make it at work any more.

I think I'd like it, but I've never tried it.

Pretty much yeah--yogurt, frozen berries, a banana, milk. I just do the thing where you just put water and soap in the blender after and turn it on.

I do the soap thing too after DS's smoothie every morning.... but I'm always afraid of not rinsing enough and having it taste like soap the next day!

Put my hand on Misty's stomach for about 6-7 minutes and I think I felt movement. They say you can feel movement in the last 2 weeks.
awwww!

Quote:
Happy Thursday everyone!!! Kid is off school as we are waiting on the impending doom of "thunder sleet/snow/ice"....should be an interesting day. I am fully prepared.

Glad you are prepared for the weather headed your way! Stay safe and warm! It is hitting us late Saturday into Sunday. But the nice thing is that we have NO WHERE (other than church) that we need to be next weekend, so I can stay home and watch it snow, rather than be out driving in it!

Oh yea, I am an adventurous eater. Fried crickets and chocolate ants would be the oddest thing I ate that I can think of off the top of my head.

I think I would try both of those things before I would eat mammal brain. They actually sound interesting! Where did you eat them?

Hope everyone has a great day here. I will be around cleaning and watching it snow/ice/sleet.

We will see...weather people are not quite sure what is going to happen yet. All depends on the temps.

I am hoping for some ice so I can get some great pics.
Hope you get just enough ice for good photos, but not enough for accidents and power outages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

I haven't been on much this week because I've just been feeling blah. I've been reading along but just haven't posted.
I got back into one-derland this week and should be really excited but I'm not. My weight hasn't budged since Saturday and I just feel stalled. I also have felt really bloated and backed up all week (sorry, TMI). I guess it's just disappointing to be putting in so much work and not see results. I know I'll have many weeks like that and need to get used to it but it's hard, especially when I've been making such an effort. I've been baking/frosting/decorating my DD's 2nd bday cake all week and haven't eaten any of it! Usually when I would bake I would eat half the bowl of icing myself (well maybe not half, but at least a few tablespoons).

It is really hard when we feel like we are trying SO HARD and the results aren't coming. But DON'T GIVE UP! You will NEVER get where you want to go by giving up! Don't worry about a one week plateau .... maybe that just means that next week will be doubly good!

Take a look at the losses posted this week on the BL show. Those folks are KILLING THEMSELVES in the gym every day with the big famous trainers... and they all had REALLY SMALL losses this week! (Hope that isn't giving too much away if anyone hasn't see this week's episode.) Now THAT would be really depressing!

And be SO PROUD of yourself with the self-control you showed in the face of frosting! It isn't something that I like, but I can imagine that it presented a HUGE temptation!

My doc has also decided to start me on antidepressants (haven't gotten the script yet) and that has me down because I know a common side effect is weight gain. It just all feels like an uphill battle right now.

At least today should be a fun day. I volunteered to go with my DD's kindergarten class to the museum today.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me and that the scale is nice to everyone tomorrow!!
Enjoy your museum day! I love museums.... almost any kind! What museum are you seeing today??

Morning friends! Happy sunny Thursday! The week is finally winding down! I am SO looking forward to school vacation next week.... the house needs a THOROUGH cleaning!

I hit the TM last night, but cut my workout short when the vertigo seemed to be coming back. At one point it seemed like we must be having an earthquake while I was on the TM! I was doing incline work and was afraid I'd end up falling off, so I only did 30 minutes and called it done. I would have sat my butt on a recumbent bike for a bit to make up the time, but they were all taken. It was a busy night at the Y. Anyhow, ear/vertigo seems okay today, so hopefully it isn't returning full blown.

Subbing in grade 3 this morning and then subbing for a 1-on-1 this afternoon. Hopefully her student isn't having a bad day! Fingers crossed that I don't end up with recess duty at any point in time, as I have on stockings and a skirt and don't want to freeze!

My goal for this week was to wear ANYTHING that I hadn't worn yet this winter.... because spring is coming and if I haven't worn it all winter, it was going to go to the Goodwill. No sense in keeping things I don't wear! So I figured I'd make up some new outfits, wear everything and THEN decide if it was worth keeping! I'm not one for turtlenecks, but I am wearing my one and only black one today and it looks okay... especially with the new-ish scarf I have on with it... so it is a keeper!

Trying to eat a bigger breakfast today. Usually the day before weigh-in a get a bit nuts trying to keep my calories down, but it has been backfiring on me and my Saturday weigh-ins have been better than my Friday weigh-ins... so trying to eat AT LEAST my minimum Points today... and decided to start with a good breakfast! I had a frozen breakfast burrito that I had bought for DD to have during HS swim season. She didn't want it (doesn't like feta cheese apparently), so it was lingering in the freezer. It was 5 Points... much higher than I ever eat at breakfast, but it was fast, easy, all-natural (although not organic), vegetarian, and delicious! And not terribly expensive, as I recall. I think it was about $1.50 at my cheapest market. I do have a 1 Point cheese stick in my bag for snack time, but I'm thinking I probably won't need it.

Lunch is my preplanned quinoa stew (yummy and warm on this freezing cold day) and an apple.

Teaching math this morning... my absolute LEAST favorite subject! But thankfully it is just adding and subtracting... I can do that!

I found a new blog to follow and I'll post a link later if anyone is interested. She is a very young girl (23) who lost weight (about 90 pounds) a few years ago.... started with Nutrisystem/Jenny Craig (can't remember which) and realized that while she was losing, she wasn't feeling good, so she stopped eating prepackaged and processed foods and really started a whole new healthy lifestyle and even created her own "rabbit food" food pyramid. She has some really great easy sounding SUPER HEALTHY recipes that I can't wait to try! I'll share my results when I share them. I think first up will be the chia seed jam/jelly. Three ingredients (chia seeds, fruit, water) and it sounds really easy and delicious! In fact, DD is excited to try it with me!

Okay... kids are lining up to come in, so I had better dash!......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #450
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Pamela sounds like you've had some hectic mornings trying to get yourself and your stuff out the door. When school starts back up after your break next week maybe you can put together an emergency stash of food and water in your car so if you forget something you have backup.

Definitely hold off on the TM until you can get yourself new shoes. It is not worth developing a foot problem.

Quote:

Jill, so sorry that bug has really knocked you down! You are such a trouper to keep on coaching even when you feel bad!

Right now the item in the kitchen that seems to be saving the day is the fruit bowl. Having some "free" fruit handy is helping me to make better choices.

My busy brain has always been a problem for me. I'm sure it is something that I should work on more. It is better than it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
My excellent Santuko knife (spelling??) and my 'V' slicer. I used to spend hours chopping away with ineffective knives, but now salads and veggies almost chop themselves. Much less effort required to create healthy meals.
Good cutting tools are a big, big help in preparing things for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hmm, Staying out of it! Lol
Easier clean up, too.

Quote:
Magdalene, so sorry that the bug has got you down, too. Jeff Galloway says that you keep your endurance for three weeks so even if you lose a whole week, you will be fine. Rest, take care of yourself, and I hope that you are feeling better very, very soon.

Quote:

Lisa-I figured out the goal weight by the WW info about BMI. Now, I'm not a fan of BMI as it doesn't take into account what is actually making up the weight (lean muscle mass versus everything else), but I thought it seemed realistic. Plus, I remember reading somewhere that a good proportional weight based on height is 100 pounds up to 5 feet, then 5 pounds for every inch above that. Sorry for our friends across the pond, I don't know what the metric conversion would be!

on DH's new job! And you won't have to worry about him driving you crazy after his retirement like some husbands do.

I knew you would have picked a reasonable goal. Just sounds like those last stubborn pounds are holding on. Hopefully they will give it up soon! We do see people who pick a goal that is based on stuff like what they weighed on their wedding day, in high school, etc. I know you will be successful!

Quote:
It is good to double check every once in awhile as serving sizes tend to go up if you don't. Sounds like you are making good progress on your bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

on new pants and undies, Buffy! So glad that you made the right decision for your family about ditching the drama school. Amazing how getting rid of that stress has helped you so much!

Quote:

No, you aren't the only one who can't do caffeine late in the day.

Escargots is the most adventurous thing I've ever eaten. It was a long time ago and to impress a date -- who is long gone btw -- thankfully they were very garlicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

Woo hoo! You made it to ONE-derland! Just concentrate on the how great you feel now and take some time to enjoy your accomplishments. Sounds like you are working with your doctor to make them lasting ones but don't look too far forward right now -- just celebrate NOW!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: