Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #91
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I understand that if it really is a "value" resort that it couldn't be super elaborately themed. And the 50s retro would not be my first choice, but I see cool side to it, think Las Vegas the Flamingo (The first one like in the movie Bugsy) kinda cool. But I will not stay there unless the rooms are super cheap. If they are anywhere near close to RP prices I would always pick RP or Portofino. I do not think the hotel would be successful unless the prices really do reflect the fact that it looks pretty "value" ish.

I do think they need to do another project like this with a 5th hotel with a walk way that is another well themed hotel, like HP or JP or something really elaborate. They really need to do that really bad. I would love to see a hotel all done up similar to Mythos or the Lost Continent in general, with ruins everywhere.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #92
Disney Holic
Earning My Ears

Well I am new to these boards, but not new to Orlando.

I for one am hoping to stay in this hotel for a few nights at the start of our trip next year before moving to a townhouse for a few weeks. We will be arriving end of October, I am not interested in Express Passes but do want early entry to WWoHP, I can't justify the cost of RPR or HRH, specially since the Express passes would be waste at that time (wish there was a cheaper option to stay at one of those without the Express Pass). I am not too bothered about the theming, a HP hotel would be amazing but out of our price range, so as long as it is clean and comfortable for a family of 5/6 and the pool is good and not too busy I'll be happy.

Disney Holic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #93
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

The new hotel is showing up on the loews reservation site! Go to the normal

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR

And click on the "Select Hotel" drop down - Cabana Bay is now listed, and you can also pick "All four destinations". Can't find any dates it has availability for though.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #94
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
The new hotel is showing up on the loews reservation site! Go to the normal

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR

And click on the "Select Hotel" drop down - Cabana Bay is now listed, and you can also pick "All four destinations". Can't find any dates it has availability for though.

Just noticed that too!!! I don't think that was like that yesterday. It is kinda weird since you can't book that far ahead yet.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #95
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I was just coming here to post the same thing!! It wasn't there last night since I was checking prices last night..No dates coming up at all yet though
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #96
Disney Holic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The new hotel is showing up on the loews reservation site! Go to the normal and click on the "Select Hotel" drop down - Cabana Bay is now listed, and you can also pick "All four destinations". Can't find any dates it has availability for though.
I've just gone on for my dates in 2014, admittedly arrival 23rd October 2014, it's giving me availability and prices for 2a 3c....

$189 per night Tower Family Suite (430sq ft)
$189 per night Courtyard Family Suite (430sq ft)
$199 per night Courtyard Family Suite poolside
$209 per night Tower Family Suite poolside

Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #97
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Holic View Post
I've just gone on for my dates in 2014, admittedly arrival 23rd October 2014, it's giving me availability and prices for 2a 3c....

Just out of curiousity...what was the royal pacific standard room for the same time period/ # of nights?
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:

Oooh! Not bad at all!!!

RPR is $259 for those nights for a standard room. Standard room at Cabana bay is $134.

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...ata=&na=1&nk=0

If you click on room descriptions it gives a little room layout.

Last edited by damo; 02-21-2013 at 02:34 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #99
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here's the description:

The 430 sq. ft. Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful decor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVís, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

So 2 queens in one room, presumably sofabed in the other room, and a large bathroom. I hope those are doors separating the 3 parts of the bathroom - you'd have to be a very close family to use all 3 sections at once otherwise.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #100
Disney Holic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Here's the description:

The 430 sq. ft. Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful decor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVís, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

So 2 queens in one room, presumably sofabed in the other room, and a large bathroom. I hope those are doors separating the 3 parts of the bathroom - you'd have to be a very close family to use all 3 sections at once otherwise.
I would prefer 2 sleeper chairs to one sofa bed, my kids hate sharing a bed and don't sleep very well together. The bathroom not a problem for us as the kids are still young so don't tend to close doors yet anyway, but with older kids it looks a bit cramped and those doors get in the way, sliding/bifold doors would be better.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #101
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I like the layouts and the thought of more room is appealing ,but not with no Resort guest express Pass option
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #102
Disney Holic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I like the layouts and the thought of more room is appealing ,but not with no Resort guest express Pass option
If we were going at a different time of year then I would want the Express Pass, though we have never used one in our previous visits. But when we go footfall is very low so the Express Pass is a waste of money and I'm not prepared to pay for HRH/RPR since I don't need all the benefits so for us it works fine, but I understand that a lot of people only stay onsite for the Express passes.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #103
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we were going at a different time of year then I would want the Express Pass, though we have never used one in our previous visits. But when we go footfall is very low so the Express Pass is a waste of money and I'm not prepared to pay for HRH/RPR since I don't need all the benefits so for us it works fine, but I understand that a lot of people only stay onsite for the Express passes.
For us, we don't care what time of year it is, we love the express passes..LOL.Dh HATES HATES HATES crowds and waits so this makes him happy to go! So we justify the expense.Compared to what we pay to stay Disney Deluxe, Universal resorts end up costing us alot less usually too
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #104
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Trying different combinations of adults and children, it appears that there's an additional $10 nightly charge for each additional adult after 2.

I wonder how much they'll charge for parking.

I'm no longer the blue haired stepchild! I've been promoted to proud redhead!

patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #105
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Just reported on the Universal Orlando Resort facebook page:
Quote:
Reservations are now available for Universalís Cabana Bay Beach Resort Ė opening early 2014!
https://www.universalorlando.com/Hot...ch-Resort.aspx

I'm no longer the blue haired stepchild! I've been promoted to proud redhead!

patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: