Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

David's Vacation Club Rentals now offering $11.00 per point for renting your points..

David's Vacation Club Rentals are now offering DVC members $11.00 per point for renting their points.

Check it out at http://www.dvcrequest.com/associate/

It's advertised on David's web page as a special bonus because they're experiencing a shortage of points for all resorts.

States... You will receive $10.00 ($11.00, if you sign up today) for each point rented AND there are NO FEES to receive your money.

Hopefully another sign that things are gradually improving.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
zavandor
DIS Veteran

That's great news, that you for sharing.
I have a few points to rent and getting 11$ pp with very little hassle is great, I think I'll register.
zavandor is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
mini one
Earning My Ears

Has anyone from uk rented their points through David??
I just wondered how easy it would be with exchanging money to £ etc
I need to rent my points for the next 2 years as money is very tight and this looks the easiest way x
mini one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini one View Post
Has anyone from uk rented their points through David??
I just wondered how easy it would be with exchanging money to £ etc
I need to rent my points for the next 2 years as money is very tight and this looks the easiest way x
I've not used David's Rentals but it does say on their web site that payment will be made by PayPal and they absorb all the fees. And $11 a point is very good especially at the moment with the exchange rate when changing them into GBP's.

Great if you already have a PayPal account, but if not it's very easy to set one up, there might be a cross boarder fee and I'm not sure if David also pays this so a question to ask them.

And it might be best to have both a PayPal sterling and US dollar account and set the US Dollar as your primary account prior to receiving the funds from David.

The payment will then be sent to your dollar account and then you can change the dollars into sterling when you want to and maybe on a day when the rate is better, this can be done in "Manage Currencies"

Todays exchange rate on PayPal is $1 USD = 0.631243 GBP)

Copied the info from .....
http://www.dvcrequest.com/associate/index.asp
50% of the funds due to you are immediately transferred to you via PayPal at the time of the reservation (once I receive the funds from the guest). If you don't already have a PayPal account, you can open one here. There is NO FEE to you to receive your money through PayPal. We absorb all fees. I take guest payments by credit card or PayPal so there are no additional charges to you.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
JasonDonna
Earning My Ears

Hi,

We used David Rentals last year. We didnt use our DVC points last year so rented them through Davids rentals. Very easy process.

If i remeber you get half the money when the DVC booking is made and then the other half on the check in day. All the money was transfered via Paypal with no costs. I was a bit worried about sorting all the details when the renter wanted to add the dining plan and Magical express but I phoned up Davids Rentals and a very helpful lady talked me through the process.

I know I could have more per point by renting\transfering direct but doing it through David's took all the hassle out of the process.
JasonDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
mini one
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply's I will look into this
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
Jobelly
Earning My Ears

I'm just in the process of seriously thinking about buying points (thinking about SS although never stayed there as looks lovely and you get more for your money, I do love beach club though but so much more!). The idea of being able to rent points out is appealing especially if there is a couple of years we can't go but I was wondering if you have to pay tax on them. It would seem an awful lot of hassle if you had to do a tax return for not that much money. I know people who have second accommodations they rent out have to pay tax so didn't know if this was the same.
Jobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
mini one
Earning My Ears

Wow!! David's rentals have been amazing
I took the plunge and contacted them to rent my points within 24 hours they had found someone to rent my points and then after another 24 hours the money was in my account
They made it so easy
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #9
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini one View Post
Wow!! David's rentals have been amazing
I took the plunge and contacted them to rent my points within 24 hours they had found someone to rent my points and then after another 24 hours the money was in my account
They made it so easy
Good to hear it was extremely quick, seemed like an easy and painless process. Another benefit right now is the strength of the dollar so if you're changing the funds into sterling you'll received a better exchange rate?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
mini one
Earning My Ears

] Good to hear it was extremely quick, seemed like an easy and painless process. Another benefit right now is the strength of the dollar so if you're changing the funds into sterling you'll received a better exchange rate

That's my next job working out best way to change $3500 from my PayPal account into ££. I will spend this money then keep the next payment when they check in to pay my dues
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
standardgirl
believing in magic

out of curiosity - why would you want to convert the $$ back into pounds instead of keeping it as $$ to payoff the annual dues - presumably that eliminates certain FX risk

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning
2013 ABD Peru

wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl View Post
out of curiosity - why would you want to convert the $$ back into pounds instead of keeping it as $$ to payoff the annual dues - presumably that eliminates certain FX risk
I'm thinking probably because $3500 is enough to pay annual dues for a few years. I would want to get the benefit from it straight away, not just leave it sitting in a Paypal account for a few years.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

Interesting stuff, been thinking of doing this as I won't be able to get over to WDW as often now, if it pays the dues...
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #14
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm thinking probably because $3500 is enough to pay annual dues for a few years. I would want to get the benefit from it straight away, not just leave it sitting in a Paypal account for a few years.
I'm with you I wouldn't want that sort of sum sitting for a few years in a PayPal account but I'm not sure that there's an easy way to pay your annual dues from your PayPal dollar account anyway?

So unless you're set up so you can transfer those dollars into a US bank account then I'm not sure of the best way to use those dollars without first exchanging them in sterling, does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #15
zavandor
DIS Veteran

I ended up renting through David 40 points and I'm very happy with the service. Hassle free and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDonna View Post
I know I could have more per point by renting\transfering direct
I'm not sure this is true. I own SSR points and the current price on the rental board for SSR is 10-11$ pp. Points that sell for more are points more requested, like VGC or BCV. For SSR 11$ pp is really a no brainer.
zavandor is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: