Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1501
geckodani
DIS Veteran
 
geckodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Ok, this may not be the right place for this question, but since we are staying at POFQ I thought I'd start here. We'd like to go to Seaworld this year on our vacation. We have Busch Gardens Annual Passes and they are good for admission to SeaWorld. We are not renting a car and only using DME and Disney transportation around the World while we are there. So, we are trying to figure out the best way to get to SeaWorld. It will probably be easiest, although maybe not the cheapest, way to just take a taxi. Does anyone have any experience with this? How much would it cost? Is there another way; like a bus or something from another location? Or would we be better off just trying to get a rental for the day. Thanks!!
My husband and I just did this in January (took a cab from POFQ to Sea World). It was $25 from POFQ to Sea World, and $35 coming back due to traffic. We found it very convenient, and less of a hassle than renting a car.

There is also a Lynx bus that you can take from DTD that will cost $2 per person. The problem with that is the travel time involved. Depending on the bus schedules, you could be looking at an hour or two to go what would take 15 minutes in a cab. For that reason we opted for the cab.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #1502
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere
 
hockey mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ptbo. Ont. Canada
Posts: 4,965

Ok after reading one of the last posts I am a little worried about comfy beds.

Are the beds really bad at this resort?
hockey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #1503
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?
 
bookgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a OK state
Posts: 5,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey mom View Post
Ok after reading one of the last posts I am a little worried about comfy beds.

Are the beds really bad at this resort?
All new beds from 2011. For a while right after the refurb people complained about them being hard, but I've stayed twice since the refurb once in the first couple of months and then again last fall, and both times the beds have been fine.
__________________
DL 3/2000 OFFSITE WDW 1/2009 ASMu WDW 9/2011 BC&POFQ WDW/IOA 10/2012 AoA/POFQ/ASMu WDW 10/2013 POR WDW 3/2014 ASsports

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #1504
LisaRobinsonUK
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey mom
Ok after reading one of the last posts I am a little worried about comfy beds.

Are the beds really bad at this resort?
I'm a bit worried about that too now!
LisaRobinsonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #1505
peeputt
Filled with Wanderlust...
 
peeputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hershey, PA USA
Posts: 219

We've stayed there twice since the referb as well, and we found the beds absolutely fine, not nearly as soft as the ones at Swan/Dolphin though but NO beds within the Disney resorts are as comfy as those
__________________


Feb. 2011 - POFQ (Hubby and my 1st trip together)
Sept. 2012 - The Dolphin & POFQ
Sept. 2013 - Old Key West
peeputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #1506
LisaRobinsonUK
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24

Phew thank you!
LisaRobinsonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #1507
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere
 
hockey mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ptbo. Ont. Canada
Posts: 4,965

Awesome. Thank you
hockey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #1508
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 206

Stayed in August and the beds were fine, certainly better than the ones we had at POP in December.
__________________
James
jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #1509
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer
 
momof2twinboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
Thanks everyone....we are hoping by September that she will be more mobile (my Mom fractured her pelvis and it is healing)....I did find at Wal-Mart some suction grab bars that we will be using at home in our shower (solid non-tile walls) and if I need to, I will pack them in my suitcase.
We requested an accessible room - the bathroom was completely private (door that closed) with the toilet to the right of the sink and the tub to the left of the sink. The toilet was ADA height with grab bars on the wall - that might be helpful to your mom. The accessible bathrooms are bigger than the regular bathrooms.
__________________
momof2twinboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #1510
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran
 
GirlDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
Posts: 864

We had no issues with the beds in sept either.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #1511
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
My husband and I just did this in January (took a cab from POFQ to Sea World). It was $25 from POFQ to Sea World, and $35 coming back due to traffic. We found it very convenient, and less of a hassle than renting a car.

There is also a Lynx bus that you can take from DTD that will cost $2 per person. The problem with that is the travel time involved. Depending on the bus schedules, you could be looking at an hour or two to go what would take 15 minutes in a cab. For that reason we opted for the cab.
Thank you! The cab looks like the way to go. But where would I get the info on the Lynx bus so I can lay it all out for DH!
__________________


DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - POFQ ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #1512
geckodani
DIS Veteran
 
geckodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Thank you! The cab looks like the way to go. But where would I get the info on the Lynx bus so I can lay it all out for DH!
Check out this thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2469141

Here's the Lynx web site: http://www.golynx.com/

It's the #50 Line http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/rout..._entry_id=1239

The biggest issue is matching up the time of the Lynx stop with transportation from POFQ to DTD etc.

ETA: If you're a AAA member, AAA has Sea World tickets for $75 plus a meal voucher.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #1513
amytech
Earning My Ears
 
amytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the frozen midwest
Posts: 74

Question about a quiet building in POFQ?

My dh and I are staying at the PRFQ for our 26th wedding anniversary in May. This will be our first adult only trip and we are really looking forward to it!

Our son is currently in the college program and booked our hotel for us with his discount. He is not staying with us in the room and indicated that on the reservation. There was no place on the reservation form online to mention it was our anniversary or to request a certain building or floor, etc.

My question is what is a nice quiet building to stay in for us? We have a king room so I think that automatically gives a corner room I know this also includes either a garden or water view and I would ideally LOVE a river view on the top floor of a quiet building. We don't want to be near the pool and don't mind walking a ways to food or anything. We are only going to the parks one day with ds (Epcot for the Flower and Garden festival!) so near the bus is not important either. We will be in the room quite a bit with some studying for me and a bit or reading/work for dh.
Advice for us? I was planning on calling WDW to request the additions onto our reservation. Is that the best way given that we are about 2 months out from our vacation?

Many thanks for any input!
__________________
Amy dh ds (23) ds (20) ds (17) dd (12)
Past Trips:
'96- CBR,
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
amytech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #1514
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
My dh and I are staying at the PRFQ for our 26th wedding anniversary in May. This will be our first adult only trip and we are really looking forward to it!

Our son is currently in the college program and booked our hotel for us with his discount. He is not staying with us in the room and indicated that on the reservation. There was no place on the reservation form online to mention it was our anniversary or to request a certain building or floor, etc.

My question is what is a nice quiet building to stay in for us? We have a king room so I think that automatically gives a corner room I know this also includes either a garden or water view and I would ideally LOVE a river view on the top floor of a quiet building. We don't want to be near the pool and don't mind walking a ways to food or anything. We are only going to the parks one day with ds (Epcot for the Flower and Garden festival!) so near the bus is not important either. We will be in the room quite a bit with some studying for me and a bit or reading/work for dh.
Advice for us? I was planning on calling WDW to request the additions onto our reservation. Is that the best way given that we are about 2 months out from our vacation?

Many thanks for any input!
I woulds suggest buildings 1,6 or 7. They are the furthest from the pool and main buildings and all have rooms that would have river views. I would prefer building 6 out of the three but that's just me. Six and 7 are also closer to Riverside in case you want to walk over there (highly recommended!).
__________________
James
jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #1515
amytech
Earning My Ears
 
amytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the frozen midwest
Posts: 74

Thank you! Just what I wanted to know.

And yes, we do plan on going over to the POR so that is good to know which buildings are close but still quiet.
__________________
Amy dh ds (23) ds (20) ds (17) dd (12)
Past Trips:
'96- CBR,
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
amytech is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: