Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #2791
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

Speaking of RI -- we had two offers on our house this weekend I may get to go etsy shopping for some new knits soon!!!!!!!

Chances are it's you, but I'll be kind and blame it on Photobucket this time.
I am keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers that you have a good offer and things go smoothly.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #2792
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

ATTN CHERYL

The pillow cover I made fit but Judy said that I told her it was made from the old flannel. She did not say if it had enough give to it or not.

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #2793
cogero
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have the measurements for making pillowcases? I signed up for them on the big give and I can't find my measurements I generally use and am too lazy to search right now.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #2794
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

went from a million posts in two days to dead quiet. What happened ? Are we all busy sewing ? I know I've been busy packing and getting my house ready for pictures to sell.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #2795
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

I just e-mailed Judy to ask her if the pillow cover I made for Lisa fit. She is probably frantically searching for it right now to try it on the pillow even though I gave it to her late in the summer.

Andrea DID email me this AM and I responded back IMMEDIATELY that indeed the pillowcase DID fit Lisa's pillow! (I KNEW she was over here talking about me)
We actually put the pillowcase on BEFORE she left my house and it fit perfectly. BUT, it was from her old stash of flannel and I have heard the NEW size flannel only yields three pillowcases. IHTH!

Last edited by blessedmom4; 02-20-2013 at 06:13 AM.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #2796
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
ATTN CHERYL

The pillow cover I made fit but Judy said that I told her it was made from the old flannel. She did not say if it had enough give to it or not.
Showing MY age now, I didn't see this entire next page... It was a snug fit, no give. I just rechecked it.

Last edited by blessedmom4; 02-20-2013 at 06:14 AM.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #2797
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Where's Waldo?

I haven’t posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know you’ll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I don’t like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if I’m wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front “kangaroo pouch” of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought I’d make it easier for you to spot me. Here’s my latest backpack.

Hanging from one side is hand sanitizer

And from the other is a “place holder” which I’m planning to replace with a fun key chain.

I also made a cover for a notepad. My son will be with me for half of the trip, but since I usually go solo it’s nice to have something to do at dinner, so I write down thoughts about the day . . .

I put smaller things in a zippered pencil case, although it occurred to me I should probably make one, but it’s cheaper to buy one than to buy the zipper to make one!

I made tissue covers for the children’s sermon at church a few weeks ago so made myself one, too. I also made a cover for my first aid kit.

Cozy in the front pocket.

I made myself a new wallet this year. Last year I designed it especially for my trip, and other than the pocket that I made for the room safe key (whoops) it was exactly what I wanted. I ended up using the pocket for my pills each day, so I kept it in this year’s wallet.

A tri-fold wallet so it fits in my front pocket.

With a little coin pocket

Inside pockets for license, insurance card, credit card, rewards card, and center pocket for room key.

Aforementioned inside pocket (gotta start using aforementioned more, that’s a good word!)

And a secret pocket. I keep a few large bills in there AND I always keep some ones, too. Shhh, it’s a secret.

Now you’ll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?

Last edited by aboveH20; 02-20-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo and photo
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #2798
cogero
DIS Veteran

Cheryl I totally love your backpack and accessories. They are so fun.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #2799
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Are you looking for ideas of what to make or a place to purchase some already made sets?

Both. I was wanting to make a star wars circle skirt with a tank with minnie leia on it, then I wanted a circle skirt---with princess colors for my friend to applique and make a shirt to go with it--this would be for Park Fare. I needed something for Tusker and Toy Story.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
pigget74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #2800
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

Thank you thank you thank you...

This is awesome. I tried to search for it before but couldnt find it.

I totally had the wrong idea...I thought I had to hand stitch all that lol...and was thinking stitch first then cut out...this makes way more sense.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #2801
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPixie View Post
I cant believe I found this post I have an addiction to my sewing machine, I seriously need a 12 step program. I leave fr Disneyworld in 24 days and I still have two womens shirts, 2 mens shirts, 3 5 year old girl dresses, 3 4 year old booy shirts and 3 2 year old girl dresses to complete as well as finish a Prince Charming coat and make the pants. I am also in need of 2 more days of outfits which sadly might become iron on transfers. I also need to make the hair bows to go along with all of this, I can do it right? I love seeing what everyone else is doing it give me inspiration. Happy Sewing ladies
Welcome! Of course you can get all that done!! Seriously, that's a lot of work, but if you love it so much, it doesn't seem like work at all. My hang up is the cutting out part. Once that's done, the sewing is such fun! Good luck and don't forget to post pictures of all your creations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
First time I'm doing a split stay. My senior son is joining me for the first three nights, so I splurged and we're staying at the Polynesian. Then I move to Pop where my kind belongs, for four nights.

This just cracked me up!!!!

3. My son's girlfriend is from Avon Lake which they tell me is somehwere in the greater Cleveland area.

I've heard of Avon Lake, but I'm not all that familiar with Cleveland. I go to the baseball stadium and Playhouse Square and that's about it. I really need to get out more!
Quote:

Speaking of RI -- we had two offers on our house this weekend I may get to go etsy shopping for some new knits soon!!!!!!!
Yay!!! So glad for you! Hope there's a deal coming soon! Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
went from a million posts in two days to dead quiet. What happened ? Are we all busy sewing ? I know I've been busy packing and getting my house ready for pictures to sell.
What a lot of work to get a house ready to sell! Hope it sells quickly. I've been away for four days visiting family. How did the grandparents like the dress? And the little birthday princess? I'm sure they were thrilled!

Quote:
I haven’t posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know you’ll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I don’t like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if I’m wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front “kangaroo pouch” of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought I’d make it easier for you to spot me. Here’s my latest backpack.

Now you’ll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

Love, love, love that backpack!! What great ideas for everything! The fabric is such fun too. Have a great trip! I know I said that before, but it does bear repeating. I'm quoting the aforementioned post of course!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #2802
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I havent posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know youll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I dont like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if Im wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front kangaroo pouch of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought Id make it easier for you to spot me. Heres my latest backpack.

Hanging from one side is hand sanitizer

And from the other is a place holder which Im planning to replace with a fun key chain.

I also made a cover for a notepad. My son will be with me for half of the trip, but since I usually go solo its nice to have something to do at dinner, so I write down thoughts about the day . . .

I put smaller things in a zippered pencil case, although it occurred to me I should probably make one, but its cheaper to buy one than to buy the zipper to make one!

I made tissue covers for the childrens sermon at church a few weeks ago so made myself one, too. I also made a cover for my first aid kit.

Cozy in the front pocket.

I made myself a new wallet this year. Last year I designed it especially for my trip, and other than the pocket that I made for the room safe key (whoops) it was exactly what I wanted. I ended up using the pocket for my pills each day, so I kept it in this years wallet.

A tri-fold wallet so it fits in my front pocket.

With a little coin pocket

Inside pockets for license, insurance car, credit card, rewards card, and center pocket for room key.

Aforementioned inside pocket (gotta start using aforementioned more, thats a good word!)

Photobucket's driving me crazy trying to make photos smaller. As I KNOW you'll want to see the aforementioned inside pocket, I'll try to add it later, but I've already spent waaaaaay tooooooo muuuuuuuch tiiiiiiiiiime on this post so gotta go for now.

And a secret pocket. I keep a few large bills in there AND I always keep some ones, too. Shhh, its a secret.

Now youll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

That is totally AMAZING!!! I love it!!! So jealous!

Andrea - my fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #2803
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:

I love this!!! Especially the "I'm back"!!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #2805
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
Trying to sell a house is so stressful. I guess I should be happy (?) that the market here is terrible and that my neighbors all bought more than they could afford so my neighborhood is littered with foreclosures so we would never be able to sell our house anyway. (sigh.) It does help purge though, so that's always good. We had a realtor come to our old house and she took TERRIBLE photos, they were all off-kilter and some were blurry, and none of them showed the rooms, more like just the furniture, so I used my super-wide lens and took my own photos, I truly think it helps to have great photos.

I have been busy busy, my mother in law got here friday for a week visit, though we are supposed to be getting an uber snowstorm so it is unclear if she will be staying longer. She has been occupying my kiddos so I can work on etsy orders and finish up a LOT of unfinished projects. I finished this quilt which I started last summer.

And I got a commission from a friend I have known since High School to make a baby quilt as a gift for a friend of hers. I love the way it is turning out, I got the whole quilt top done, now onto the tedious task of layers/quilting/trimming/binding.

I think most of the appliques came from Lynnie Pinnie, I think they turned out adorable. It's for a little girl who has an under-the-sea theme nursery.

Now back to my little sweatshop so I can get back to my projects.
Jen

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: