Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #2536
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'd LOVE to try WCC for Breakfast!! It looks sooo yummy!! We loved our lunch there!!!

When I was in HS, I was one of the LAST of my friends to get a REAL Driver's License at 16. I didn't even have to have a permit, but my parents wanted me to have one. All of my friends that were younger than me, had to have the permit for a year and a day and then you get a "provisional" license at 16. If you get caught speeding a certain amount before 18, you will just lose your license- they aren't playing!!! They also have a driving curfew for the provisional license as well. Needless to say, I was the one driving us all around!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #2537
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

My DD just got her licences last week! Actually she is a pretty good driver. But the COST to have her and my DS on our insurance policy...OH BOY... I can't wait until DS can afford to get his on policy... It's mandatory that you carry insurance here in Wisconsin.. you can get some pretty big fines if you don't.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #2538
Andreak0428
Mouseketeer

Too funny!!! I enjoy the boat from the GF to MK during the day but last summer when my sister and I were going back to the Poly from MK after extra magic hours the bugs were insane! They coated the inside of the boat and you couldnt open you mouth for anything well because....well lets just say you would get a little bug snack

Were staying at the WL this summer for the first time! Love the Whispering Canyon two times ago we had MT Wallet as a server and she was awesome!!!!
08 Contemporary Resort May 09 Pop Century
August 09 Contemporary Resort Feb 10 Caribbean Beach
August 10 Caribbean Beach July 11 Port Orleans Riverside
August 12 Polynesian June 13 Wilderness Lodge
October 14 Coronado Springs

Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #2539
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Dude! Seriously? Who has that kind of money?

As I said when I left off, it was sprinkling a little and we werenít sure if we needed to put on our ponchos or wait and see if it would stop. It didnít completely stop but it did turn to just a few sprinkles here and there so the ponchos stayed in the backsack. The boat came shortly and we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom!

It was sprinkling still when we arrived but, again, not enough to want to take out the dreaded ponchos. Lacey and I went through bag check and met back up with the guys and were quickly in the parks and seeing this. Just look at the beauty of those tarp facades! NOT! At least they did make them look like the outside of buildings and not just ugly plain tarps.

It was pretty busy on Main Street:

but we were able to wiggle our way through the people. Something quite lovely caught my eye and I had to stop and take a picture because this little beauty will probably never go home with me. Take a look-see at the price tag:

So, if I couldnít afford the castle, could I at least have Cinderellaís carriage wrapped up for me?

That would be a N-O! Actually, not a N-O but a ďAre you freaking kidding me N-O?Ē Jesse was amazed that the glasswork was actually for sale and thatís when he uttered the words ďDude, Are you kidding me? Who has that kind of money?Ē

How Ďbout Tom Cruise who brought little Suri or possibly Eli Manning after he proclaimed ďIím going to Disney World!Ē or maybe, just maybe, Paula Abdul when she met up with Minnie outside of the castle? Wait, I take that back, Paulaís not A-List anymore. Sorry Paula, I love ya honey but itís true.

Our credit cards breathing a sigh of relief, we continued on down Main Street and through the Main Street Bakery construction:

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #2540
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We turned by The Plaza and cut through the Tomorrowland Noodle Station and stopped to take a picture:

Where to? How about we pop in and see Johnís Not So Favorite Blue Alien:

John went in kicking and screaming but knew that he had to take one for the team since Jesse had never been in Stitchís Great Escape. We entered the queue area and waited about a minute before they opened the doors to the pre-pre-show area. You know that area where they do the little film clip thing before sending you in to see the guy who oils his pants. Yeah, in there. Pre-pre-show done and then pre-shown done, we went into the theater and were soon being jumped on, burped on and spit on. I am not a huge fan of the attraction but, still, I think that itís worth going to see once per trip.

After Stitch, we couldnít decide what to do next. Laugh Floor or Buzz Lightyear? We walked over to The Laugh Floor and the castmember said that a show had just started so we decided to go on to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.

See those ponchos? It had started raining again. We hopped in the Buzz Lightyear line and stayed dry for the most part. Thereís a section or two in the line that was uncovered but we stayed back until we could walk through the area quickly.

We boarded our....our....hey, what are the vehicle things called in Buzz Lightyear? I guess Iíll just say our space vehicle. I was in a vehicle by myself and I started out trying to take pictures but realized that my score wasnít moving when I had one hand on the camera and another on the laser gun.

I canít remember what the othersí scores were but mine was:

The redneck pictures that came out crappy:

It was still raining when we left Buzz and we didnít feel like walking around in the rain so we jogged over to the People Mover:

Because there were so many people taking shelter on the People Mover, they werenít allowing anyone to stay on and make another loop. It seemed as good a time as any to go see the new showing of The Laugh Floor:

Jesse was chosen, again, as one of the people on the screen and he was as excited as a little boy on Christmas morning. So excited that he told Lacey that he wanted to turn right back around and see the next show. John and I decided to sit this one out and waited outside for them. This was our view:

By the time they came from the theater, it was raining pretty hard. We put it to a vote and it was unanimous decision to head back to the resort, eat lunch and then come back to the Magic Kingdom later. Hopefully, we could get some rest, freshen up and even begin our packing since this was our last day. We made our way back the way we came...Tomorrowland Noodle Station, Main Street, past the ugly facade tarp and to the bus stop. By the time we made it, our feet were soaking wet. Ugh!

**Up next: Dining to the whirl of straw fans and the beat of steel drums

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #2541
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

If we ride Stitch, it's for my Stitch loving son Isaiah! I don't hate the attraction, it's just not my favorite.

We do love Buzz though! So FUN!! My score is always terrible, but it's one of our family's favorite rides.

Sorry about the rain...I hate wet feet!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #2542
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I'd LOVE to try WCC for Breakfast!! It looks sooo yummy!! We loved our lunch there!!!

When I was in HS, I was one of the LAST of my friends to get a REAL Driver's License at 16. I didn't even have to have a permit, but my parents wanted me to have one. All of my friends that were younger than me, had to have the permit for a year and a day and then you get a "provisional" license at 16. If you get caught speeding a certain amount before 18, you will just lose your license- they aren't playing!!! They also have a driving curfew for the provisional license as well. Needless to say, I was the one driving us all around!
Goodness, they werein't playing were they? I bet you were the driver for anybody and everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
My DD just got her licences last week! Actually she is a pretty good driver. But the COST to have her and my DS on our insurance policy...OH BOY... I can't wait until DS can afford to get his on policy... It's mandatory that you carry insurance here in Wisconsin.. you can get some pretty big fines if you don't.
I can only imagine what our insurance will be now. Guys' insurance is even higher than girls in Louisiana and it doesn't go down until they turn 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreak0428 View Post
Too funny!!! I enjoy the boat from the GF to MK during the day but last summer when my sister and I were going back to the Poly from MK after extra magic hours the bugs were insane! They coated the inside of the boat and you couldnt open you mouth for anything well because....well lets just say you would get a little bug snack

Were staying at the WL this summer for the first time! Love the Whispering Canyon two times ago we had MT Wallet as a server and she was awesome!!!!
I know the bugs that you are referring to! We took the boat over to the Poly and you definitely had to keep your mouth shut which was a very very hard task for me.

I love the name of the Whispering Canyon servers!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #2543
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I had to keep a log. In fact they give you one at the drivers ed course that you have to turn in when you go for your license. It was detailed too, you had to have time you started driving each trip, time stopped, passengers name and signature each driving trip, at least two of the roads you drove on, etc. Good idea to keep one for him to be safe!
They didn't give us a log or tell us to write anything down but I am. I am doing just what you did....date, time and how long we were driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Our DD will be taking driver's ed this next year at school. She will be 15 this April but will not be able to have a permit or work towards a license until her class starts. She couldn't get into the summer or fall semester at school (too many kids with birthdays before hers), so that puts her behind. Guess it's OK for me. Teaching someone to drive is not something I look forward to. DH will have to do this. I get too nervous with someone else driving and know I will just make her a basket case. IL has a similar law with having to log hours. They also are not allowed to drive with other kids in the car that aren't related. (I think 1 may be allowed, but no more-will have to be better educated re: all these rules very soon) Plus, she is short. Not sure she'll ven be able to reach the pedals.
That's what happened to Hunter. He missed signing up for the Summer class and then the one that they did have open up was $400 and about 10 miles out of town plus it started at 4:00. Uh, parents gotta work people!

Hunter can drive with anybody that's over 17 and has a license but he won't be driving anywhere with anybody but us, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I had to chuckle reading about you taking Hunter driving. I remember doing that with my son.He drove too fast and didn't slow down on the off ramps and I was a nervous wreck. He is 35 and I still don't like to drive with him! My daughter was easier.
I am scared for John to go with him too terribly much because John scareds the beejeezes out of me with his driving. I can only imagine what he'll teach Hunter to do. Plus, when we got married, John had 6 speeding tickets and a one driver's license suspension on his record. You know what they say about preacher's kids!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #2544
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
The backsacks are adorable!
Thank you! They are perfect for the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love the backsacks! Those are so cute!

Good luck with the driving. I really think that is one of the most stressful part of the teenage years!
Thanks! I thought they turned out pretty cute myself.

I am so glad that the driver's ed teacher was there to teach him the basics.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #2545
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm behind...again.

You got, as always, some beautiful pictures of the Caribbean.

I can't believe you don't like the Ferry Boat. I try to take that every trip over the monorail.

Jesse is too funny on the boat over to the WL.

I'm glad you had a good server at the WCC. When we went in 2008 our server was horrible (and so was the food...we won't be going back).

I love the cute backpacks you made...very nice. I wish I had a talent like that.
I know that I've said it a couple of times already but it's worth repeating: SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE NOW 6 YEARS CANCER FREE!

Jesse was just like a little kid on the front of that boat. So cute!

My mother used to sew almost all of my clothes when I was younger and I swore that I'd never sew anything when I grew up because I hated standing around being fitted. I also didn't want to have a garden or put up veggies from the garden. But, here I am sewing and we have a garden every year.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #2546
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
If we ride Stitch, it's for my Stitch loving son Isaiah! I don't hate the attraction, it's just not my favorite.

We do love Buzz though! So FUN!! My score is always terrible, but it's one of our family's favorite rides.

Sorry about the rain...I hate wet feet!
It's not a favorite for us either and if we only had one day in the Magic Kingdom, we'd probably skip it. But, since we have two, I'm all for going in.

I hate wet feet too and they were soaked.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #2547
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I do appreciate that at least the tarps do have the facade of the building versus being plain, but they are depressing to see.

I really didn't like Stitch the first time I did it in 2008 and I've never done it since. Just don't like it at all.

I do love the other attractions you did though, Buzz, People Mover and Laugh Floor. It's cool that Jesse keeps getting picked!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2548
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I do appreciate that at least the tarps do have the facade of the building versus being plain, but they are depressing to see.

I really didn't like Stitch the first time I did it in 2008 and I've never done it since. Just don't like it at all.

I do love the other attractions you did though, Buzz, People Mover and Laugh Floor. It's cool that Jesse keeps getting picked!
I know that Disney has to do some "sprucing up" to keep things looking good and running smoothly but you wouldn't think that they'd do it during less busy times. But, if you think about it, with all of the various holidays that they decorate for super early, I guess there is no less busy time.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #2549
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I guess that's one good thing about Tomorrowland - lots of enclosed places to hide from the rain!
Too bad about having to have wet feet! I hope you got some dry time later on your last day!

Cute backsacks! They are all the rage with the girls these days - lighter and easier than a big bulky backpack or a traditional purse.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #2550
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I guess that's one good thing about Tomorrowland - lots of enclosed places to hide from the rain!
Too bad about having to have wet feet! I hope you got some dry time later on your last day!

Cute backsacks! They are all the rage with the girls these days - lighter and easier than a big bulky backpack or a traditional purse.
Tomorrowland is a good place to run to if it's raining. Like you said, there are quite a few covered attractions.

I love my backsacks. You can put so much stuff in them and they are easy to carry. Plus, I love making them and earning extra Disney money!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: