Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
BeachLove
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 315

Pottery barn towels fell apart after one wash

I bought a dozen towels from PB. 6 body towels, and 6 hand towels. I've removed four from the shipping package and washed them. Well, its
string-mageddon! Just threads loose all over the place and naked spots from where I guess it just wasn't built right. Has anyone had this issue recently? Even my Target towels looked better than this after 3 years. They hadn't even been used yet.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
familyoffive
DIS Veteran
 
familyoffive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 3,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
I bought a dozen towels from PB. 6 body towels, and 6 hand towels. I've removed four from the shipping package and washed them. Well, its
string-mageddon! Just threads loose all over the place and naked spots from where I guess it just wasn't built right. Has anyone had this issue recently? Even my Target towels looked better than this after 3 years. They hadn't even been used yet.
What did you find out when you contacted Pottery Barn customer service? That would be the first thing I would do before posting on The Dis.
familyoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
BeachLove
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
What did you find out when you contacted Pottery Barn customer service? That would be the first thing I would do before posting on The Dis.
I have and waiting for a response.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
diznee25
DIS Veteran
 
diznee25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
I bought a dozen towels from PB. 6 body towels, and 6 hand towels. I've removed four from the shipping package and washed them. Well, its
string-mageddon! Just threads loose all over the place and naked spots from where I guess it just wasn't built right. Has anyone had this issue recently? Even my Target towels looked better than this after 3 years. They hadn't even been used yet.
I sort of had that problem. I bought two sets of towels from Macy's. And after a month, the towels started to get stringy. But not to the point where they aren't usable, luckily. I just cut off the string. Crossing my fingers these towels will last a long time, they were expensive!

But I was sad to see how quickly this problem occurred. In the past, I've bought cheaper towels from Bed Bath and Beyond, & Target, and those towels lasted years before they became stringy. Go figure!

diznee25
__________________
My Family: Me DH (Chihuahua 10) (Pomeranian 5) AKL Dec. 2010, PC Oct. 2007, PC & BW May 2007, CBR & WL Dec. 2003, POFQ July 2002

diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
wtpfan
Mouseketeer
 
wtpfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara, Ontario
Posts: 301

I buy Tommy Hilfiger towels from Marshall's or TJ Maxx and they are the best...!!!!
wtpfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,598

I have pottery barn towels and one unravelled at the seam on the first or second washing. Brought it back and got a replacement no problem. They are now over a year old with heavy usage (4 of us using the same set of 8 towels--they get washed constantly) and are in great shape.

I would most definitely return what you got though.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
wdw_girl_18
DIS Veteran
 
wdw_girl_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
I have and waiting for a response.
I was reading through their facebook comments on their pottery barn teen page. It seems that they have horrible customer service via email. Majority of the time they never respond back. I would either call them, take them back to one of their stores or just ship them back with a note saying why you are returning them.
__________________
wdw_girl_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw_girl_18 View Post
I was reading through their facebook comments on their pottery barn teen page. It seems that they have horrible customer service via email. Majority of the time they never respond back. I would either call them, take them back to one of their stores or just ship them back with a note saying why you are returning them.
I agree. If you live near a store, I'd just bring them in. I have never had an issue with customer service in the store.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman
 
LisaInNc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeastern NC
Posts: 2,921

I have had my Pottery Barn towels for 4-5 years and they get heavy usage. No problems with them at all. I would bring them back to the store for an exchange. I have always found their in store customer service to be excellent.

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!
 
patsal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Snowy, blowy and cold!
Posts: 9,184

Return them, clearly they are defective.
__________________
patsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
Ladyhawke
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 57

Any answer from Pottery Barn? I'd just return the towels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
But I was sad to see how quickly this problem occurred. In the past, I've bought cheaper towels from Bed Bath and Beyond, & Target, and those towels lasted years before they became stringy. Go figure!

diznee25
I got towels from Target that were too bright. I washed them several times hoping they'd fade. No such luck. They still are in perfect shape & color.
Ladyhawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Jridou
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 135

I've had terrible luck with pottery barn

I bought my son's bedroom set from Pottery Barn and it is absolute junk. The set I bought my daughter at Costco has held up much better, and was a fraction of the cost. I received PB dish towels as a hostess gift and they looked horrible after one washing.

I think the catalog is house porn and I love to flip thru it for ideas but I won't buy anything there again.
Jridou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
1buckeyegirl
Earning My Ears
 
1buckeyegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 57

Pottery Barn seems to be hit or miss with their quality, let us know what you find out.
1buckeyegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
I sort of had that problem. I bought two sets of towels from Macy's. And after a month, the towels started to get stringy. But not to the point where they aren't usable, luckily. I just cut off the string. Crossing my fingers these towels will last a long time, they were expensive!

But I was sad to see how quickly this problem occurred. In the past, I've bought cheaper towels from Bed Bath and Beyond, & Target, and those towels lasted years before they became stringy. Go figure!

diznee25
I bought $15.00 towels from Pottery Barn and the color faded and they became very rough. My $3.99 on sale Target towels are still going strong. Both had the same wash instructions.
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #15
foreUT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 509

I have had very good luck w PB customer service via phone. They have sent me $10-$50 gc's for problems I have had with orders (besides making it right) and one item I ordered (a large piece of wall art, pieced wooden stars) that got lost in delivery was replaced and when my original order showed up weeks later, they told me to keep it. I would definitely expect them to make it right. Good luck!
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.