Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #76
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
ZOMG! Those TOMS! I love love love them!

And I totally read everything Joe said in Ben Stein's voice.
I know! It made me really want to make a pair of my own for a trip... though I wouldn't really wear them since TOMs are comfy for normal walking, but NOT Disney walking! Haha.

And OMG, I just wish I could really explain how funny that bus driver was... and he had no idea! His unenthusiastic nature really amused us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Joining in too. I followed your last report and loved it . Your report is getting me excited for our May trip to the Beach Club.
Awesome, I'm so glad you're in!! And you are going to so love Beach Club!! Get ready for that amazing Beach Club smell, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Subbing...

Ahhh... the Beach Club... love it... and it does have a Beach Club smell...hmmm... Animal Kingdom Lodge has its own smell too... Come to think of it... Do all of the resorts have their own scents?
YAY so happy to have you here!! And yes, there is a very specific smell to BC! I think all resorts have their own "smell" that they legitimately pump in through vents. It's delightful. Fortunately, I found the Beach Club scent at Bath and Body Works, so I have lots of lotion and body wash to keep me happy with that wonderful smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Ahh those custom TOMS are awesome!

Your description of the Ben Stein driver and you running ahead to take a photo is cracking me up

Aww, you treated that little girl like a princess! You would make a great CM.

YEP. You just described the key reason Disney trips are more than vacations! They are a necessity.

Aww that picture of Matt in the room is adorable! He is just radiating happiness and that is an awesome Mickey shirt!
I thought they were so cute! And such a nice little gift!

Hahaha I am glad you think it's hilarious but it was. I was just too excited and blew past the poor lady. I think Matt apologized for me, hahaha.

Aw thanks! I love seeing kids' faces light up in Disney World. It's one of the best things ever... and also confirms that yes, I want kids and I want to bring them to Disney!

Yes, thank you! I'm glad you understand and get it, but no surprise there. Planning a Disney vacation is what keeps us going, keeps us motivated knowing that going back will happen.

He was so happy to be back, we both were just beyond happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTSJR View Post
Hi,

My Wife and I were at the Dunes Cove Pool on Jan. 26 waiting for our room to be ready when I saw you and Matt walk by. I told my Wife that I would say Hi to you later in the trip but didn't see you again. We stayed at BCV from 1/26 to 2/03.
Ohhhh you should have said hello!! That's so funny you guys spotted us! We left very early to head home on the 27th, so that's probably why you didn't see us again, haha. I hope you guys had a wonderful trip! My in-laws were at BCV from the 28th through 2/9 I think, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hahha your town car driver sounds a little odd to me! Maybe he was new... but that doesn't explain why he didn't buckle his seat belt. Tisk tisk, Mr. Driver!

Hahaha I've had those monotone ME drivers before too. Some of them are MEARS employees which could explain a lot... but it is too funny.

I don't think it was insane to remember your room number. 8112 is like permanently burned into my brain hahah. And I also remember the room number I was in at All Star Music! 9536. Haha so no... not weird! I guess yall will just have to request that room whenever you stay at BCV in the future!

YUP. Disney = sheer joy. I'm a very positive person, it's just the way I am, and I live that way. But being at Disney... the people I'm with like don't even what what hit them. Us DISNERDS!!!
Hahaha, I NOTICED, TOO! I was like, oh, he doesn't buckle up? Okay... I don't get why people don't wear their seatbelts!

Haha maybe that was what it was, he was just the complete opposite of a normal Disney employee so it made it hilarious. Ohhh Joe.

Hahaha I'm glad we both remember our room numbers! Even more impressive since yours were 4-digit! I love that room but wouldn't mind staying in one that has a pool view at some point... but then again, seeing Illuminations from our room was nice, and obviously saying good night to Spaceship Earth was nice, too.

I knew you'd obviously get it! It's just funny when people from home see you like that and they are like.. whoa. Hahaha, I talk about it so much though I'm sure it's not THAT big of a surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
LOL about your bus driver. Some people and their strange little mannerisms can be so amusing.

I loved your update !! How funny that you got the same room !! I imagine that doesn't happen very often.

I confess that we never made it to DHS rope drop that trip. We were amazed by how crowded it was that weekend. I hope the crowds thinned out for you all.

I love that Beach Club smell, too. I know this sounds crazy, but I went to the cologne counter at the mall and I found one pretty close to it and bought for my husband. Polo Black. I am sure that if you put them side by side in real life they wouldn't be the same, but to me it is. I love that smell.

Looking forward to seeing more of your Beach Club photos. We have a trip planned for September there and I am so looking forward to staying there.
Yeah, this guy was a hoot! He probably had no idea why we were laughing at him.

The room thing was crazy! I highly doubt it'll happen again, but you never know.

Oh man, that makes me feel a little better! We made it but things went a little sideways... The crowds were VERY insane though, I couldn't believe it!

I will have to find that one! I actually found that Bath and Body Works has a scent called "Rainkissed Leaves" that IS the BC smell.. or as close as you can get to it! So of course for Christmas I got a LOT of that lotion, hahaha.

That's so exciting you'll be there in September! When are you going? I can't wait to go back to BC again!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #77
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn06 View Post
Yes! I just finished your DL TR and have been looking forward to this TR since I found your PTR about a month ago! You are actually the reason I joined DIS lol.
YAY! That's so awesome that you've been following along with my PTRs and TRs!! And that's even MORE awesome that you joined the DIS. It can be an AWESOME place and I've met some amazing people on here! I hope I'll see you lots around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
Fantastic Start!! And suspense as to your first adventures!!!

Can't wait to read more
Thank you! Hahaha, I had to leave it on a cliffhanger, DUNDUNDUN!

Can't wait to write more! Hopefully I'll get another update out here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
You lured me here from Facebook...
Can't wait to read all about it!!!
YAY! I'm so glad you've joined! The FB community was so wonderful, so it's nice to see some of you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
YAY I love this update so much! There's just something about reading about the anticipation of getting to Disney World!

OMG THOSE TOMS!!! SO cute! You know, I have a pair of Toms and I like them and everything, but I don't get how people wear them in Disney. They just don't seem like they're good walking shoes. Then again, my feet are weird, they don't like any shoes lately!

Ugh waiting to get off the plane is the WORST! I'm going to try to convince my sister that we need to sit as far up in the front of the plane as possible on our way to Disney, just so we don't have to wait for 8 million people to get out!

YAY the Magical Express!!! I am SO beyond excited to finally get to experience this magic for myself in a couple of days! I have a feeling I'm going to be in tears the whole time!

I can't believe you got the same room you were in last year! That's crazy! It's a good thing you liked the room, it had a great view! Ahh, I love the Beach Club, it's just so beautiful!
Before I reply to anything you said, YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! AH SO EXCITING! Sorry, had to get that out!

I know some people have talked about how they don't like the travel stuff but I love it and like you said, the anticipation of getting there is just awesome! I love reading about it in other TRs, too!!

Yeah, SUPER cute.. but I am with you!! I have 3 pairs of TOMs and really like them, except when walking a lot. In NYC my feet were so sore/had blisters when my co-worker and I got lost, hahaha. So I wouldn't wear them in Disney. Amy only wore them on that flight, then changed into sneakers. My feet just don't like TOMs at Disney.

Hahaha, I am going to try my best next trip to sit not in the back... both so we can get off quicker and also to not deal with people bumping into us constantly for the bathrooms!

You probably will be in tears, but you are going to love it! I'm so excited for you to finally ride ME!

Beach Club is the best, it really is. And I loved that room! It WAS weird to be back in it with the exact same everything. The sad part is that we even noticed certain parts of the room that were damaged from the previous year... and were still damaged, hahaha. Nothing major, just little things we noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMommy2007 View Post
Subbing! Live your Trip reports, Dani!
YAYAYAY! Glad your here and that you love my TRs; such an awesome compliment, so thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1972 View Post
Loved the Toms! I've been considering having some made for myself. Wow on getting the same room as last year. I bet that doesn't happen to often. I'm guessing you guys are headed to Epcot? Maybe?
They were too cute! It made me either want to order some or make some for myself!

Yeah, it was so weird we got the same room! But I wasn't complaining!

Ooooh we'll see where we head off to... DUNDUNDUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
What are the odds?!?! That's crazy that you had the same room and so cool! Even more like coming home!

This will be fun doing our TR's at the same time when our trips were so close! Of course I will be done way before you since I had less days, so hopefully the will ease the pain of mine ending!
I know, I feel like it's just so weird. Out of all the rooms they could've given us... So weird. But it really did feel like we were coming home!

And yes, I so agree with you! Writing TRs are the same time is awesome. I'm about to pop in to yours to read the latest update! And hopefully you will do a longer trip again soon!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #78
melifeld
Mouseketeer

Hi. I am here. This is the first time I have read one of your TRs. Looking forward to it.

Also - question... I, too, am a DSLR user. Just wondering, how do you carry around your camera at WDW? Do you just carry it on a strap? Do you use a case or a bag? What do you do with it on rides? Not trying to be nosy, just trying to figure out what to do for our trip this summer.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #79
okw19
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Please don't pass out from shock, I really am going to try to work the DIS back into my routine.
Love the intro, learned a new fact about y'all with the board game thing. Also, corgis for the win. (Bruce & Amy have an awesome dog)
I cannot wait for all the meet-ups and awesome Dani/Matt shenanigans!
That beach club picture reminds me that I need to find the crafty craft I had started on for you two.

Anna & I plan on leaving around 7m for our trip.
Matt is totally making the frump deer face in that airport picture! Line photos are the best.
I completely approve of both Starbucks drink choices, I order both regularly!
AMY'S TOMS OMG I was thinking about painting one of my old pairs of Vans slip-ons like that.
I would fit in with you Seattle people.
I hate waiting for people to get off the plane. BE EXCITED AND GET OUT OF MY WAY.
Props to Matt the speedwalker. We are too similar, haha.
Fake monorail is awesome upon arrival, but I hate it when leaving.

Yay for ME! Is it bad that as soon as I read about Joe I was thinking, "Donald?......Donald?.......Donald?" in my head?
Tears while passing through the gates happens to the best of us.
Craziness that y'all had the same room again! How does that even happen? Redonkuless.
WDW brings out that ridiculously happy feeling in me too. Sam even noticed over phone calls that I was more enthusiastic over everything than usual. I told him it's totally normal to get excited about mundane things like the details of a public restroom while on Disney property.
What if you get the same room next time you're at BCV? I'd probably pee my pants in excitement, haha.

Lovely updates! I cannot wait to read more!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #80
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ahhhhh I love the excitement of leaving! Even reading about people getting up early and going to the airport makes me really excited

That's so funny that is just said M...not am/pm. Well not funny then but funny now!

Your bow headband is super cute!!

Those Toms!!! I wish I was artistic enough to do something like that...without ruining 50 pairs of shoes trying to get it right.

Who could sleep on ME??? That crazy ol driver!!

Ahhhh the unique happiness you feel at WDW is seriously the best feeling in the world!! Seriously know what you mean
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #81
DizneyDizzy
Earning My Ears

Sooo excited!! Just subbed in. I am pretty new to the DISboards but have read your TRs and PTRs (yes they are their own TRs really). Character meets? Yeah awkward for me as well, I always feel like the lone adult, but totally over that now! Proud Disney Dork here! Oh and your Disney Vinylmations collection? You might be the reason I decided to finally bite the bullet and start collecting but I'm a heck of a lot slower at it then you are.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #83
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

you just picked up a hitcher I 'm excited for the journey ahead

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #84
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melifeld View Post
Hi. I am here. This is the first time I have read one of your TRs. Looking forward to it.

Also - question... I, too, am a DSLR user. Just wondering, how do you carry around your camera at WDW? Do you just carry it on a strap? Do you use a case or a bag? What do you do with it on rides? Not trying to be nosy, just trying to figure out what to do for our trip this summer.

Thanks!!!
Awesome, glad you are here! Hopefully you'll enjoy this TR!

Yay for a fellow DSLR-user! This trip, I spent most of the time with my camera around my neck. I really wanted to have it readily available for taking photos!

But, when I needed to put it away for a ride, etc., I'd put it in our backpack we were carrying with us. We usually had ponchos are the bottom to protect it, but I was just really careful with my bag if I knew my camera was inside. I only stuck with one lens this trip, because I didn't want to have to lug around other lenses with me. I found my 35mm prime lens worked out pretty well overall, though there were times where I'd wished I'd had a wider lens. I'd still choose the 35mm though.

Not nosy at all, by the way! Our January 2012 trip I decided to not really bring my DSLR around with us to the parks, and instead just used my iPhone. I have to say, I'm glad I brought my DSLR around this time, because I got some amazing shots that I wouldn't have caught otherwise. Hope this helps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I'm here! Please don't pass out from shock, I really am going to try to work the DIS back into my routine.
Love the intro, learned a new fact about y'all with the board game thing. Also, corgis for the win. (Bruce & Amy have an awesome dog)
I cannot wait for all the meet-ups and awesome Dani/Matt shenanigans!
That beach club picture reminds me that I need to find the crafty craft I had started on for you two.

Anna & I plan on leaving around 7m for our trip.
Matt is totally making the frump deer face in that airport picture! Line photos are the best.
I completely approve of both Starbucks drink choices, I order both regularly!
AMY'S TOMS OMG I was thinking about painting one of my old pairs of Vans slip-ons like that.
I would fit in with you Seattle people.
I hate waiting for people to get off the plane. BE EXCITED AND GET OUT OF MY WAY.
Props to Matt the speedwalker. We are too similar, haha.
Fake monorail is awesome upon arrival, but I hate it when leaving.

Yay for ME! Is it bad that as soon as I read about Joe I was thinking, "Donald?......Donald?.......Donald?" in my head?
Tears while passing through the gates happens to the best of us.
Craziness that y'all had the same room again! How does that even happen? Redonkuless.
WDW brings out that ridiculously happy feeling in me too. Sam even noticed over phone calls that I was more enthusiastic over everything than usual. I told him it's totally normal to get excited about mundane things like the details of a public restroom while on Disney property.
What if you get the same room next time you're at BCV? I'd probably pee my pants in excitement, haha.

Lovely updates! I cannot wait to read more!
AHHH RACHELLLL. I seriously died when I saw your name pop up! I'm so happy you're here and I hope I see you on the DIS a lot more! I mean, obviously we've been chatting outside of it, but still. YAYAY! It's just nice to see your name on here.

We love our board games! And yes, their dogs are the funniest. Pug and corgi, BFFs forever... Stella is a sweetheart.

OOOOH crafty craft, this makes me very excited and intrigued!

Bahaha, 7m. I think it was actually my fault, too. Maybe not though, I can't remember, haha.

HAHA he totally is making a frump face!

Yeah, her TOMs inspired me to want to make my own! I just may have to...

Haha, I know your love for Seattle; you would fit in so wellllll.

Hahaha, I wanted to knock people down so I could get off! And yes, Matt is a speedwalker, especially in Disney.

Fake monorail is the worst when leaving. the. worst. Especially because security is a hot mess, too.

Bahahaha, not bad at all, in fact, perfect.

I don't know how that happens in terms of the room! It was just so weird. But I loved it! If we get it again, I will probably die, haha.

I know you get the Disney happiness thing. It's just wonderful and I miss it so much when I'm not there... liiiike right now.

Again I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE HERE AGAIN! I've exploded for excitement, as seen here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ahhhhh I love the excitement of leaving! Even reading about people getting up early and going to the airport makes me really excited

That's so funny that is just said M...not am/pm. Well not funny then but funny now!

Your bow headband is super cute!!

Those Toms!!! I wish I was artistic enough to do something like that...without ruining 50 pairs of shoes trying to get it right.

Who could sleep on ME??? That crazy ol driver!!

Ahhhh the unique happiness you feel at WDW is seriously the best feeling in the world!! Seriously know what you mean
Haha I am the same way with reading about when people are leaving for their trips! The anticipation is just so awesome!

Haha it is definitely funny now, but I was a bit panicked then! I'm just glad the guy knew what I meant!

Thank you very much! I made a bunch of them and they were perfect for our trip! I wore that Minnie one a lot just because it was probably my favorite... Though I loved my Donald one, too!

I KNOW, right? I was thinking I'd love to try something like that but would probably ruin a $45 pair of sneakers, soooo maybe not.

I do not know who would sleep, that man was crazy for thinking we'd want to snooze. COME ON JOE.

I knew everyone here would GET it, ya know? It's just like, overflowing happiness when you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDizzy View Post
Sooo excited!! Just subbed in. I am pretty new to the DISboards but have read your TRs and PTRs (yes they are their own TRs really). Character meets? Yeah awkward for me as well, I always feel like the lone adult, but totally over that now! Proud Disney Dork here! Oh and your Disney Vinylmations collection? You might be the reason I decided to finally bite the bullet and start collecting but I'm a heck of a lot slower at it then you are.
Aww I am so happy you're here and you're so excited!! And even better, you've read all of my stuff?! You are awesome!

This trip, let's just say I met a LOT of characters. My awkwardness went away.. and I even had my first princess meet! Disney dorks unite!

That is so awesome you started collecting Vinylmation!! It's such a crazy addiction, but a lot of fun. Slow is good though, I'm trying to really limit myself to things that I love... Right now I'm trying to finish up my Park Starz collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We are going August 30 - Sept. 4. YAY !!
Oh awesome!! That will be so fabulous. I bet you guys are beyond excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
you just picked up a hitcher I 'm excited for the journey ahead
HOORAY! Glad you're along for the ride and even better, you're excited for it! I think it'll end up being a goodie.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #85
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Three: Cape May Cafe, I miss your Oreo Bon Bons.
Day 1: January 17th, 2013

As we left off, Bruce and Amy swung by our room and we were ready for some adventuring!

Well actually, our stomachs were ready to EAT because we basically hadn't eaten anything substantial in around 9 hours... but we also did this for a good reason! So we decided to head down towards the lobby, and also did a little exploring to show Bruce and Amy the resort a little bit on our way down.

I absolutely love the Breezeway area over in the Beach Club Villas area. It's just such a relaxing spot where you can easily hang out and read or relax.

And I also love this painting in the Breezeway, just because it's really adorable.

Plus, I like to pretend that there is a beach on the other side of the quiet pool near Beach Club Villas... and not a parking lot.

Anyway, it was about 7:30 at this point, so we made our way over to Cape May Cafe! THAT is why we made sure not to eat very much... we wanted to have LOTS of room for dinner at Cape May, since they have such a fantastic buffet.

Our reservation wasn't until 8, but we checked in early and the CM gave me a buzzer. We went to the waiting area down the hall and Matt was just about to point out some stuff to Bruce and Amy when the buzzer went off!

We walked in, and went past the dessert area... and I nearly started crying when I didn't see the Oreo Bon Bons there anymore. Wooooompwomp.

Those were my FAVORITE dessert (and a DISboards favorite) at Cape May, and they no longer serve them there anymore! It's a travesty, really. BUT the good news is, you can find them in the Beach Club Marketplace in to-go containers! So in case you need your fix of Oreo Bon Bons, head over there for them.

Anyway, we were seated and our waitress came over, and she was very friendly. She took our drink orders and encouraged us to go EAT! I came back with a plate full of delicious food, as did Matt!

Matt went with crab legs, clam strips, a seafood pasta, roasted potatoes, broccoli, and a roll (but unfortunately it wasn't their awesome garlic rolls from the past, wompwomp).

I went with a roll, some corn bread, a fish nugget, some clam strips, pasta, mac 'n cheese, and some of the hand-carved flank steak. I love the mac 'n cheese there, even if it's a "kid" food.

Everything was so good! I know part of it was that I was just so hungry, but it was seriously good stuff. We love the food at Cape May; it's probably the best dinner buffet on Disney property, ESPECIALLY if you enjoy seafood! I was concerned about the food not being fresh since we had a later reservation, but that was not an issue at all!

I got another plate of food, including more mac n cheese, the red potatoes, pizza, corn bread, and the seafood pasta that Matt had because both he and Amy were saying it was delicious.. and it was!

I was a little disappointed that the red potatoes didn't have the seasoning they'd had on them last year, but they were still tasty!

We left some room for dessert, and though there were no Oreo Bon Bons, there were still some delightful treats! I went with a strawberry shortcake, peanut butter bar, brownie, Boston cream pie, aaand a flourless chocolate cake. Everything was SUPER good, except the brownie was too cake-y for my liking. The flourless cake was too die for!

Obviously I failed at getting more food photos of Bruce and Amy and Matt's plates... but number one, I needed to EASE Bruce and Amy into my photo-taking ways, hahaha, and number two, we were all starving soooo I wasn't going to force everyone to wait for me to take photos before they could dig in!

We headed out of the buffet after settling our check, and decided to go walk around for a bit to help our food digest and ya know.. GO AND SEE THINGS SINCE WE WERE IN DISNEY WORLD!

Beach Club is so beautiful at night, it's just so calm and peaceful, too! We decided against trying to do any parks because we knew by the time we finished dinner, Epcot was going to be open for only a little bit longer since it closed at 9 that night, and no parks had EMH. It was tempting, especially since Matt and I have our Premier Annual Passports, but we held off and decided to save the parks for tomorrow!

Anyway, we strolled out and I of course let everyone go ahead of me while I snapped photos. I was just so happy to be home again.

We walked past Stormalong Bay and showed it to Bruce and Amy, since we'd talked about it a LOT prior to our trip, telling them how it was the best pool on Disney property!

Matt and I were very happy to see the windmill lit up and moving! Last year they were doing work on it so we didn't get to see it lit up at night.

No but seriously, why is it so beautiful?! The one bad thing about January is that Stormalong Bay closes pretty early, so nightswimming there is pretty much a no-go. One day we will swim there when it's late! It's just so pretty to look at all lit up.

We continued on towards the Yacht Club, and on our way I had to stop and take photos of the Boardwalk across the way, while boats passed by...

I seriously love the Lighthouse at night and just sitting in that area people-watching while the calming music plays in the background. That area is perfect. If you haven't been to the Epcot resorts at night, it's a must-do! Plus, you can check out the Boardwalk, as well, which has some great entertainment at night.

Continued in next post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #86
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Four: "Nightswimming, deserves a quiet niiiiight."
Day 1: January 17th, 2013

I'm fairly certain Matt was trying to get me to move along, so I finally gave in and turned around... to snap photos of the Yacht Club!

We went inside and showed Bruce and Amy around, and of course were immediately drawn to the large globe in the lobby.

I think everyone started discussing the inaccuracies on the globe, hahaha.

Personally, I just enjoyed the happy sun hanging out, thinking about how life is grand.

I really love how the Yacht Club has that New England/Cape Cod nautical feel to it. It reminds me of spending summers down the Cape when I was a kid.

We headed back towards the Beach Club, because we all really wanted to go swimming... even though it was 57 degrees out... WE DIDN'T CARE! Nightswimming was a must for our first night there, plus 57 seemed crazy warm to us Seattleites. I think the humidity also played a role in making it seem warmer than it probably was.

We stopped by Beaches and Cream to show Bruce and Amy where it was, and Matt took a photo of Bruce, Amy and me. We were all such happy people!

I stopped in the Breezeway to take some photos of just the little details... I love how Disney just puts little touches on everything, right down to the decorations in the resorts.

We headed back up to our room, and on our way, I took this glorious photo of Matt right after he took his hat off. Look at that fierce hair-do!

As we got back, I remembered to take a photo of the new scanners they installed on the doors. No more putting your card into the little slot and grumbling when your door won't open because you didn't scan it fast enough, haha. Now you just tap your room key and boom, you're in!

We got changed and headed down to the pool, where we met Bruce and Amy. The water was actually super warm, which was nice, so we all went swimming for awhile and goofed around. A few people walked past us and gave us looks of "Holy crap you people are insane for swimming while I have on my jacket and jeans." buuut we didn't care. We did eventually move over to the hot tub, which we fortunately had to ourselves.

We went back upstairs and said good night to Bruce and Amy since we were planning to unpack and settle in, then go to bed at a decent hour.

It was around 9pm, so we caught Illuminations from our balcony... but just part of it. We didn't watch a whole lot of it because we wanted to save it for when we actually would be in Epcot, and ya know, I wanted to get out of my bathing suit.

After I got showered and changed, Matt and I decided to unpack all of our clothes and put them away. Obviously you are not unpacking the correct way in Disney World until you have this on your television:

STACEY! HEY GIRL, HEEEEY!

Even better, new Stacey scenes, too, as you can see above! Anyway, we had told Bruce and Amy about Stacey and how she is mega cheesy but just SUCH a big part of your Disney vacation that they had to put her on, haha. Plus we constantly sing Livin' it Up, because it's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head, which you all obviously know... But anyway, we both were happy to see Stacey back in our lives again.

After we unpacked, we got into bed and Matt read while I wrote in my Trip Journal. Thankfully with the flight being so long and having been up for awhile, we were both pretty exhausted and ready for sleep. We wanted to get adjusted right away to the 3 hour time difference, especially since we had plans to get up bright and early at 7:30am, which was 4:30am west coast time.

When you have your first FULL DAY in the parks, you better get some serious rest because there's no slowing down!

Continued in next post

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-22-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I love the whole Boardwalk area, especially at night! I really hope I get to stay over there soon. And Cape May is high on our list of places that I want to eat - but my DH is not a big seafood person, so we've been putting it off until we check off a bunch of other places first.

STACEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #88
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Bahh!! I love, love, LOVE the Epcot resorts!! Especially at night with all the lights up! Oh, I can't wait to be there and experiencing it all over again!!!

Cape May Cafe sounds good, but you probably need to like seafood to really enjoy it? I think a lot of it would be lost on me... But the Oreo Bon bons?? I may have to make my way across the lake from the Boardwalk to pick them up to go!

Do you that in my last 4 trips there swimming of any sort didn't fit into my plans? Plus, in November/December the air is too chilly to swim. But it sounds like they keep the pool nice and warm!

Great update! Thanks for keeping the masses entertained, in the midst of your busy life!! (lol!)

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #89
soldiersmom
Mouseketeer

Hi, Dani--I'm joining in a little bit late, but y'all sound like lots of fun and I want to be on your trip--wearing Amy's shoes! I love them!

Okay, now going back to finish reading...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #90
MasonsDisneyMom
Proud Preemie Momma

We love Cape May Cafe too! I swear I'd be happy just eating the mac n 'cheese and cornbread. We have ADRs in May for both dinner and breakfast! Loving all the night time pics of BCV!

June 2007-Pop, May 2008-Pop (Disneymoon!), January 2009-Pop, May 2009-Pop, December 2009-Pop, May 2012-AKL (Kidani), October 2012-OKW, May 2013-BCV, September 2013-AKL (Jambo)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: