Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Disney in the Movies

I discovered that Universal's Hulk coaster features in House on Haunted Hill.
Are there any Disney equivalents that pop up in the movies?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
TheTexasKid
Mouseketeer

Re: Disney in the Movies

If you search the world wide web for theatrical films, not documentaries, shot at Disneyland, three titles come up.

Jeans (1998)
That Thing That You Do (1996)
40 Pounds of Trouble (1962)

I can't comment on the first two, as I haven't seen them, but I have seen the third, both in the theater, when it was first released, and on TV, and I seem to remember one of the attractions shown was what was then the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

The film, by the way, is the third theatrical film adaptation of Damon Runyon's short story.

There may actually be more than these three, but they are the only ones I could find.
TheTexasKid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

In That Thing You Do, they take a trip to Disneyland, but the montage is literally less than 20 seconds. If I remember correctly (it's been a while), it's something like some screaming on the Matterhorn, then down Splash Mountain, and then a picture with Mickey.
redboxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
In That Thing You Do, they take a trip to Disneyland, but the montage is literally less than 20 seconds. If I remember correctly (it's been a while), it's something like some screaming on the Matterhorn, then down Splash Mountain, and then a picture with Mickey.
I'm not sure, but I know there is a some sort of anachronism in the sequence. If Splash Mountain is shown, that would be it -- certainly didn't exist during the period the movie is set. But maybe it is that the configuration of the cars on the Matterhorn changed, and the movie shows the version current at the time the film was made, which is wrong for the era depicted.

Or something like that. Can't quite remember.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

In Marley and Me, there's a part (I don't quite remember when in the movie) when Owen Wilson's character is going over a bunch of things his family did (maybe over Christmas?) and when he says "Went to Disney World" it shows the front gates of the resort that you enter, the ones with Mickey and Minnie on either side of you. It was very, very brief, but still.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
I Am What I Am
Pie builds amazing friendships

Gryffindor Girl
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Imagineering!

Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.

I remember seeing part of one movie where they went to Walt Disney World. I can't remember what the movie was called, though.

ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ

I Am What I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I've read a few books where Walt Disney World makes an appearance. I'm not talking about the obvious ones, like the Kingdom Keepers books -- I'm talking about books where you wouldn't exactly expect the resort to be featured.

One was a James Bond novel, of all things, from back in the early '90s. In the story, Princess Diana (who was still living at the time) was to visit the resort with her children. Bond was involved as extra security, because there was reason to believe that an attempt on her life might be made while she was there. Bond actually visits the Magic Kingdom in the book, and it is the source of one my favorite quotes about the park and the effect it has. Bond doesn't expect much beyond the typical amusement park experience, but when he is actually there, he is surprised to find that "it works." In other words, it really did help even James Bond escape the outside world and enjoy himself in the magic.

There's also a James Patterson Alex Cross novel that has a scene set at the TTC.

Any others?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Not a movie, but just seen an episode of Modern Family set in Disneyland - I've never seen any of this show before, but I loved this episode!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: