Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
jenniag
Earning My Ears

Wispering Canyon for Lunch - do I really need ADR?

Hi everyone -

My husband & I are taking our kids to Disney for the first time (ages 5 & 9). I have not been to Disney since 1992 so a lot has changed! The most surprising so far is having to make ADRs. I really hate to be tied down to a certain plan especially with little ones. ( My parents and I were just talking the other day about our last trip there and how we just walked into all the restaurants in Epcot (Mexico, Morroco, Canada, etc)

We are planning at least one day for MK and I think it is best to come back to our hotel - the WL for a mid-day break. I tried to get reservations for Be our Guest for that day - anytime..lunch or dinner since we'll be in the park and the kids love Belle without luck.

My question is - do I really need an ADR for Wispering Canyon for lunch in May (Friday)? I'd like to head back there for our break but if it seems noone really wants to do a sit down lunch then I don't want to be tied down to the ADR. What are the chances of getting in w/out them?
jenniag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

I don't think you need ADR for Whispering Canyon for lunch as long as you go on the early side or late side of lunch…not right at 12-12:30. Although it is Friday so its a little more risky. Do you know that Be Our Guest is a counter service at lunch? Looks like upscale counter service. You order at counter or on your phone and the server brings out your food to table. The menu looks nicer than most counter service. No reservation needed for BOG at lunch!
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
jenniag
Earning My Ears

Thanks - yes, I did see that you can have lunch there but I just read that people are starting to line up at 9am for counter service?? I can't think of anything that good to miss theme park time!
jenniag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Yes some ppl do line up that early but you don't have to. I've read many ppl have gotten in line and had their food in half an hour on average. Plus only one member of the group has to be in line to place the order. Once they have they can text you to join them! That would mean they would need to know the order for everyone though.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
owl0306
Mouseketeer

the line is not that bad. I got in line about 10 to 1 and was inside in 20 minutes
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
hhuck
Earning My Ears

That is great to hear! Can you tell us when you were there? What type of crowd level? We are going on the 23rd and couldnt get BOG reservations, but definitely want to go for lunch... prefer not to wait too long of course though
hhuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: