Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Serena0311
Earning My Ears

Which restaurant?

Hello,

WDW newbie here. We're going for the first time with my kids (DS - 5 and DD - 4) and my parents, staying at Poly April 20-27.

I've made most of our ADRs but need help deciding on our last one for Wednesday night.

Available options are:

Akershus
Wolfgang Puck
Whispering Canyon
Jiko
Boma
Narcoossee

We already have ADRs at: O'hana, Le Cellier, Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, and Crystal Palace.

What do you think? We enjoy eating out and would like to get the best experience for everyone.

Thanks in advance!
~ Serena
Serena0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
JAZmommy
Earning My Ears

We are doing Askersush our next trip! Can't wait!!
JAZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

Of your options, we've only eaten at Akershus and Boma, which we loved both. They're two of our favorites. Akershus would be a similar character experience to CRT, so you may want to look at something else to vary it. We really enjoy the dinner at Akershus; not sure if you're doing dinner or breakfast at CRT, so the meal might make it different. My girls actually like Akershus better than CRT. We like the cold bar offered before the meal, and the entree selections have always been very good. The mushroom pasta there is delicious!

Boma is a wonderful buffet. It offers a huge variety, unusual food items that are fun to try and some plainer/more common items for those in your party that might not be adventurous eaters. We found the food to be delicious and unique. The setting is beautiful. If you take time to see the animals at the viewing locations outside the lodge before/after your meal, it will add to your experience.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Minnies Dad
Earning My Ears

we've been to Boma and Narcoossee's. Narcoossee's is an all time favorite of ours, but it is expensive and I am not sure your kids would appreciate it. Boma is also very good, and I think much better for the kids.
Minnies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena0311 View Post
Hello,

WDW newbie here. We're going for the first time with my kids (DS - 5 and DD - 4) and my parents, staying at Poly April 20-27.

I've made most of our ADRs but need help deciding on our last one for Wednesday night.

Available options are:

Akershus
Wolfgang Puck
Whispering Canyon
Jiko
Boma
Narcoossee

We already have ADRs at: O'hana, Le Cellier, Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, and Crystal Palace.

What do you think? We enjoy eating out and would like to get the best experience for everyone.

Thanks in advance!
~ Serena
"Akershus" !!!!!! We never miss it !! Along with "BoG", our DD6 fave restaurant !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Serena0311
Earning My Ears

Thanks folks! I decided to go with BOMA - it's more unique in terms of food options and we may be Princess-ed out as we have CRT for breakfast already!

I'm so excited!!!
Serena0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
JAZmommy
Earning My Ears

We just got back and Akershush for dinner was horrible. We liked meeting the characters but the food was awful. I have heard breakfast is good though.
JAZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: