Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Loreli
Mouseketeer

How did I miss this?? And ADRs in 3 days!

Brown Derby is 2 table service credits!!
This is a BIG disapointment for me. I really wanted to eat some great food @ WDW and already gave up many restaurants in favor of character breakfasts for DD7 who does not partake in lunch -due to med side effects.
ADRs on Tues, gotta pick a replacement restaurant, guess I will try to make BOG dinner ressie? If not that then what? Need something in MK.
What's a good CS breakfast/lunch @ HS? Never even looked as I was planning 50's Prime & Brown Derby.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Brown Derby is 2 table service credits!!
This is a BIG disapointment for me. I really wanted to eat some great food @ WDW and already gave up many restaurants in favor of character breakfasts for DD7 who does not partake in lunch -due to med side effects.
ADRs on Tues, gotta pick a replacement restaurant, guess I will try to make BOG dinner ressie? If not that then what? Need something in MK.
What's a good CS breakfast/lunch @ HS? Never even looked as I was planning 50's Prime & Brown Derby.
Unfortunately the food options in DHS are not good. If you like the pizza, Pizza Planet is ok. Otherwise, I'm not sure. We try not to eat at DHS if we can help it.

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

The Brown Derby has always been 2 credits. Sorry you missed that. It is unlikely that you will get a ressie for BOG at this late date. You might be able to get a late walk up. There really isnt much in MK if you want a nice sit down meal. We like the Plaza, but they just serve sandwiches, soup and burgers. They do have yummy sundaes.

Have you considered taking the monorail to one of the MK resorts? The Kona Cafe at the Poly is nice and so is the cafe at the Grand Floridian. You have a better chancce of snagging a reservation for one of those.

Good luck. I hope you find something that works.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!

Last edited by wdwfan1; 02-16-2013 at 02:50 PM.
wdwfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I bet you will be able to get a reservation at BOG so no worries! I see by your ticker you are close to your ADRs.

We also do not like the TS at DHS.

We found the Backlot Expresss, it is indoors and it has a drink refill station. It is located by Star Tours. It is average Disney CS/QS fair and will satisfy.

I hope you find a replacement restaurant for your stay!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas. I looked at the menus of all three restaurants aat All Ears and Back Lot Express sounds like a winner at HS. I did really like the menus at both cafes, we could make that our park break in the late afternoon. Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: