Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #31
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Been walking since last June with this years Princess as the original goal, but I wanted to take my daughters and the financials for 3 of us would have been too much too soon. Not to mention that I'm only up to 3 miles and my knees are achy so I've been taking things very slow and easy (that happens when you hit 50!). I figure if I stretch the Galloway plan from 16 wks to 48 weeks, that will be perfect for me! Here's to jan 2014 and Tink!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #32
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Anyone else on this thread on dailymile?? If you are, feel free to add me, do a search for Barbie L., I'm the one in my Minnie costume from last year's TOT 10-miler I love being friends with Dis-ers on there!
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #33
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
Anyone else on this thread on dailymile?? If you are, feel free to add me, do a search for Barbie L., I'm the one in my Minnie costume from last year's TOT 10-miler I love being friends with Dis-ers on there!
I never heard of it, but I just did a quick google search, and it looks interesting! I am going to check it out and will let you know if I sign up!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I just signed up and added you as a friend...I'm Christine C. and my pic is me on an elephant. I haven't actually figured out the site yet, but I will spend some time on it!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #35
freepixie
Tanoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Ok, I just signed up and added you as a friend...I'm Christine C. and my pic is me on an elephant. I haven't actually figured out the site yet, but I will spend some time on it!
Got ya! Wow, when did you get to ride an elephant?!?! How cool is that?!?! I would love to ride an elephant someday but it also scares me too LOL!!

I love dailymile, I have been using it for a while and I like how it tracks everything- it reminds me of Facebook, but it is like a FB for working out
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
regul8ter18
Mouseketeer

My daily mile name is regul8ter18. I'm on there but I don't post often.

Courtney
regul8ter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Yeah--made notes on ALL calendars to register on July 9th.
Miss Vicki~ have a great trip this week! Hope race weather isn't too bad and you have a great race and C2C! Have a safe flight out there and back.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #38
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Miss Vicki~ have a great trip this week! Hope race weather isn't too bad and you have a great race and C2C! Have a safe flight out there and back.
Hi Kim !!!

Thanks !! We leave early Thurs morning out of SFO, and have spent the past couple of days getting on east coast time. Not much fun getting up at 3:00 am our time, but it will be easier once we are in WDW.
I am SO excited to run and FINALLY get my C2C. Not worried too much about the heat it's the humidity that I'm worried about. It's going to be a warm/hot Sunday. But hey--we're used to it right with the hot DL 1/2--right.
I'm nervous about the airport, flight and just getting all our luggage. I'll be SO happy once we get there.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #39
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got ya! Wow, when did you get to ride an elephant?!?! How cool is that?!?! I would love to ride an elephant someday but it also scares me too LOL!!

I love dailymile, I have been using it for a while and I like how it tracks everything- it reminds me of Facebook, but it is like a FB for working out
I looked at it very quickly the other night - I need to spend some time on it. And I was laughing because I got a garmin with a heart monitor the other day, and somehow I managed to link it up to dailymile, but I have yet to figure out the garmin itself. So unbeknownst to me, it must have posted a "workout" that I was playing around with, and that wound up on my fb (I think - the one girl who commented showed up on a possible friend list on dailymile). So I didn't realize it until she commented on my run and I was like, no, that was not me (I was actually pretty much out of commission!) - that was me playing around and part of it included driving in my car Impressive, huh? Of course that was offset by me just sitting around to and not realizing how to shut the thing off

I was in Africa this past October. That elephant picture was taken in Zimbabwe. The two babies are her daughters, one was 6 and the other 3. It was an amazing experience. I wasn't nervous at all up on top - these elephants are tame and very kind. And the other animals in the wild don't realize there are humans on top of the elephants, so they go about their natural behavior. The wild elephants we saw on safari in South Africa were MUCH more intimidating - you don't realize just how massive they are and just how easily they can kill you until you are right up next to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regul8ter18 View Post
My daily mile name is regul8ter18. I'm on there but I don't post often.

Courtney
Courtney, I will look for you over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Yes, good luck and have a great race!! Let us know how it goes!!

Ok, I had a bit of a setback this past week, but I am hoping to be able to get out there and really run again in the next few days. I had a toe nail bed biopsy (thankfully got the results today and it is benign), but it has left me without most of my big toenail and was quite a bit more painful than I had anticipated. I did go for a light jog/walk yesterday, but by 1.7 miles I couldn't go any further and came home and propped the foot back up. Made it through a super gentle yoga class today, so hopefully tomorrow will feel better! Keep running

Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #40
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, good luck and have a great race!! Let us know how it goes!!

Ok, I had a bit of a setback this past week, but I am hoping to be able to get out there and really run again in the next few days. I had a toe nail bed biopsy (thankfully got the results today and it is benign), but it has left me without most of my big toenail and was quite a bit more painful than I had anticipated. I did go for a light jog/walk yesterday, but by 1.7 miles I couldn't go any further and came home and propped the foot back up. Made it through a super gentle yoga class today, so hopefully tomorrow will feel better! Keep running
Thanks I will.

Toe and feet issues are just the worst. Congrats on your biospy results!!!!
Hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #41
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

I am officially subscribing to this thread. I was going to sign up for the Disneyland 10K this year, my first ever, but we ran into a little financial snafu (husbands paycheck went down by $500 month) so I had to give up on the thought of running in that event. But I think this is going to work out better for me anyway. Not only will I have more time to save, it also gives me more time to train. I think I can actually be ready to run the entire half marathon. The Tinkerbell lands on a 3 day weekend for us too, so this can be a family trip.

Just a little about me, I am very much a novice runner. I've lost around 60 pounds in the past 2 years. I know I have a long way to go before I'm ready, so please forgive me if I ask really stupid questions, lol. I'm very excited and hope everything falls into place this time.
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #42
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdreamsofdis View Post
I am officially subscribing to this thread. I was going to sign up for the Disneyland 10K this year, my first ever, but we ran into a little financial snafu (husbands paycheck went down by $500 month) so I had to give up on the thought of running in that event. But I think this is going to work out better for me anyway. Not only will I have more time to save, it also gives me more time to train. I think I can actually be ready to run the entire half marathon. The Tinkerbell lands on a 3 day weekend for us too, so this can be a family trip.

Just a little about me, I am very much a novice runner. I've lost around 60 pounds in the past 2 years. I know I have a long way to go before I'm ready, so please forgive me if I ask really stupid questions, lol. I'm very excited and hope everything falls into place this time.
Welcome !!!! This is a great place for questions and you will find everyone is very helpful. Congrats on your weight loss.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #43
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdreamsofdis View Post
I am officially subscribing to this thread. it also gives me more time to train. I think I can actually be ready to run the entire half marathon. The Tinkerbell lands on a 3 day weekend for us too, so this can be a family trip.

Ok - are you my long lost twin? Ditto to all of the above. Except I am a novice walker - just talking myself into becoming a runner.

BTW - my name is Debbie, I am guessing yours is as well
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #44
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Welcome !!!! This is a great place for questions and you will find everyone is very helpful. Congrats on your weight loss.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post
Ok - are you my long lost twin? Ditto to all of the above. Except I am a novice walker - just talking myself into becoming a runner.

BTW - my name is Debbie, I am guessing yours is as well
What gave you that idea? heehee, Yes, I am a Debbie. Congrats on your weight loss as well.

I don't think I can really call myself a runner. Definitely more of slow jogger.
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #45
freepixie
Tanoshi

Quote:

I was in Africa this past October. That elephant picture was taken in Zimbabwe. The two babies are her daughters, one was 6 and the other 3. It was an amazing experience. I wasn't nervous at all up on top - these elephants are tame and very kind. And the other animals in the wild don't realize there are humans on top of the elephants, so they go about their natural behavior. The wild elephants we saw on safari in South Africa were MUCH more intimidating - you don't realize just how massive they are and just how easily they can kill you until you are right up next to them.

How absolutely cool is that!! What an awesome experience!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: