DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Good luck with your offer, just be careful you don't get into a bidding war (which happened to me a couple of times )

When making the offer, just tell the broker the offer is only good for a set amount of time, pick what makes you happy, say 2 days.
Thank you. I won't go for the contract if it gets into a bidding war as I know what I want to spend and that is all that I will offer. Well before I put an offer in on this one, I asked how long until I hear back and she said she is hoping to hear back today. So I hope so because I told her I cannot wait until Monday.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
What I want to say to you is prohibited but use your imagination
I'm sorry that you did not like what I had to say, but that doesn't make it untrue. If you wish to continue this discourse privately, please feel free to send me a PM or email using the communication features found here on the DIS.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'm sorry that you did not like what I had to say, but that doesn't make it untrue. If you wish to continue this discourse privately, please feel free to send me a PM or email using the communication features found here on the DIS.
No, but thank you anyway. I really do not mind; as those are your opinions and not facts
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I just heard back from the realtor and the seller doesn't want to make a decision yet! He is going away and will not be back until next Friday. Since I really like this contract I told the realtor I want to keep my offer in. But I did tell her that I will be checking for other contracts that are similar to this one. And should I find one before the seller of the other contract makes a decision, I will be withdrawing my that offer to make a new one. She completely agreed and even asked me if there were any others that caught my attention and told me to keep checking. Her attitude was different just now and I like her better now. I wonder if she saw this thread lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

I'm just happy I didn't become a realtor!

You just need to put in a respond by x time when making an offer. I did the same thing and it worked perfectly. Good luck
Old 02-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #21
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol.
And that is the crux of the matter. I think the brokers are being far more gracious than most would be in this situation.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Dean,
I agree. If i was a broker dealing with a person who changed their mind everyday i just wouldn't take them seriously that they're looking to buy.
IMHO.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
Dean,
I agree. If i was a broker dealing with a person who changed their mind everyday i just wouldn't take them seriously that they're looking to buy.
IMHO.
This is a free country so I can change my mind as many times as I like until I decide what to do with MY money. If a broker doesn't want to take me serious, that is fine by me. I will just take my business elsewhere.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is a free country so I can change my mind as many times as I like until I decide what to do with MY money. If a broker doesn't want to take me serious, that is fine by me. I will just take my business elsewhere.
You're right, it's your prerogative to change your mind and hop from contract to contract. But don't be surprised when it takes longer and longer for the brokers to get back to you. It's called burning bridges. They have people who are seriously ready to enter the process of buying DVC.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #25
Sur
Love the Dis

Burning bridges defined- I had an ex who "burned the bride"... bet there are wishes they hadn't because they could've borrowed my DVC points from time to time!!

Now THAT was burning the bridge! Poor thing, has to settle for paying cash at the resorts.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
Dean,
IMHO.
Here's the additional component, the broker is going to pass their knowledge about the potential buyer along to the seller. A seller is far less likely to take an offer seriously if they know this is the history of the potential buyer.

Quote:
While it is your prerogative, there are consequences to your actions as there should be. I'm sure they'd be happier if they didn't have to deal with this if what you've posted is accurate. "The customer is always right" is an overstatement, there are times when it's best to cut your losses and this would seem to me to be one of those times. I'm feeling sorry for MS already.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #27
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Take a second to read this back. I'm not sure you are aware of how you are coming across when you say things like this.

You should feel free to spend your money wherever you see fit. I just think it might spend a little easier if it didn't have attitude attached to it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

To the OP, your indecision tells me that you don't really know what resort is your favorite. I suggest that you decide that first, spending this amount of money to buy a house that you may not like doesn't make sense to me.

Bill

Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would work if there were an unlimited number of brokers out there and if the resale market was slow. But there are only 3-4 big DVC resale brokers and the resale market has a lot of demand right now. It is definitely to your advantage to be on the good side of a broker(s). When I was actively looking My broker emailed me as soon as anything she thought I would be interested in came out. She did this because I bought a lot of contracts from her, so she gave me more and better service than someone who is too much work for the effort.

All customers are not created equal. The customer who results in quick hassle free sales are the customers that brokers want.

Make friends with your broker, they can help you a lot.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #30
johnsbelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
All customers are not created equal. The customer who results in quick hassle free sales are the customers that brokers want.

Make friends with your broker, they can help you a lot.
Dean,

This is so very true and it's not just helpful when it comes to buying!

After my quick and painless purchase (35 days from offer to close, only 7 days on ROFR!), my DD approached me 18 months ago and asked if I would help her get a reservation to go with her boyfriend after their college graduation. I had just started to recieveing the rental emails from the TTS. I contacted them and found the points I wanted (transfer so I could control the reservation) quite quickly (and it had to be BLT points since we were 8+ months out). Jamie found an owner quickly and within about 10 days, the points were in my account. I also did another transfer last year to suprise my wife this Oct with a 1 Bedroom, MK view for our 25th anniv (she still has no clue). I don't think my transfers would have been successful had I not been on good terms with the broker.

John
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: