DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
Having 2 UY contracts means we can transfer points in twice, which can be very helpful on certain years. Ditto for buying the extra points from Disney. It really isn't that difficult to keep track of.
While that's currently true, there's no guarantee it will remain so. As the transfer rules are currently written, one could easily take the interpretation that it's per member rather than per contract.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
candiemonster
Earning My Ears

I'm currently on a look out for a resale contract that has a different use year than what we already have. My goal is to have two contracts that will cover each month of the year without the worries if loosing points plans for vacation get cancelled. I will use my June use year to cover trips from June and January and use a December use year (once I find it!) to cover trips from December to July.

I don't see it to be very hard to keep track of different memberships. DVC has their website very user friendly to help members track it themselves.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiemonster
I'm currently on a look out for a resale contract that has a different use year than what we already have. My goal is to have two contracts that will cover each month of the year without the worries if loosing points plans for vacation get cancelled. I will use my June use year to cover trips from June and January and use a December use year (once I find it!) to cover trips from December to July.

I don't see it to be very hard to keep track of different memberships. DVC has their website very user friendly to help members track it themselves.
These are the two UYs that I own and while I didn't buy thinking about it covering the whole year, I am happy that I ended up this way. If we pass ROFR for our newest BLT points, I will have enogh in both memberships to book without having to worry!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
lodge
DIS Veteran

We further complicated ours by attempting to stay near the park(s) we will be frequenting in a given trip.... sometimes WITH split stays. Are we crazy?!?!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiemonster View Post
I think it varies with the individual. I think that roughly it should correlate with the ability to balance a checkbook.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: