Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #136
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wookie: You've got to just go and book another trip and make it a CR trip.

Melissa: Loooooved your TR. Thanks so much for taking time out to share it with all of us. So, what was the end verdict on The Wave? (I remember quite liking it while the hubs not so much. He doesn't know what he's talking about though.)

P.S. And, it's all your fault (and Kook's) that we booked CR for October... let me just tell ya, when Miss M finds out she's gonna be it's not BC. I've already had to explain that we're not doing CL anymore because we can go more often if we don't have the snack room.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #137
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I just looked back at my December pictures, no circles on the duvet, so it was a recent change.

I was surprised with the turn down service because we weren't CL this time. It was only a couple of nights, not all of them, do I dont think its the norm at CR yet.

Too funny, I am sure we have crossed paths at some point

Oh and that wasn't a pic of the Atrium lounge, it was the couches on the ballroom level, just up the escalators from the lobby.

In my haste, I mistook your lobby kids' area photo for the Atrium Club lounge kids' area - same TV and shelving LOL and then I thought you had stayed CL. Please ignore my post, which I won't edit as it will give a good chuckle to everyone. So glad the CR thread was spared my confusion! Yes, yes, you are absolutely correct that non-CL turndown isn't automatic at CR, so what a nice touch that you had it.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #138
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: You've got to just go and book another trip and make it a CR trip.

Melissa: Loooooved your TR. Thanks so much for taking time out to share it with all of us. So, what was the end verdict on The Wave? (I remember quite liking it while the hubs not so much. He doesn't know what he's talking about though.)

P.S. And, it's all your fault (and Kook's) that we booked CR for October... let me just tell ya, when Miss M finds out she's gonna be it's not BC. I've already had to explain that we're not doing CL anymore because we can go more often if we don't have the snack room.
I really enjoyed The Wave, DH only had the dinner he didn't enjoy (he doesn't eat breakfast). I know it gets mixed reviews but I think for Disney it is really good. I love that it is fresh local ingredients. I give it a

As for CL, my kids asked about it a couple times this trip, but honestly because we drive and I brought drinks and some snacks we really didn't miss it. I think Miss M will get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

In my haste, I mistook your lobby kids' area photo for the Atrium Club lounge kids' area - same TV and shelving LOL and then I thought you had stayed CL. Please ignore my post, which I won't edit as it will give a good chuckle to everyone. So glad the CR thread was spared my confusion! Yes, yes, you are absolutely correct that non-CL turndown isn't automatic at CR, so what a nice touch that you had it.
I figured you looked too quickly, LOL! Nope there was no CL while we were there, I saw lots of hard hats walking around up on the 12th floor so hopefully something exciting is happening to the lounge Someone told me that it was probably opening this week, but now I cant remember who it was.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #139
babyberger
DIS Veteran

It's not Disney food, but here is my version of GF pizza Crust is made from scratch as the kids don't like the frozen ones available.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #140
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not Disney food, but here is my version of GF pizza Crust is made from scratch as the kids don't like the frozen ones available.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I could gobble that down right now! Look at all that lovely cheesey goodness!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #141
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, Melissa!

Nothing like being almost two months late for your live TR! I haven't been on the RC thread much for the last few months so I missed the exciting news of your trip. Very happy I noticed your link today and so enjoyed your TR! I'm sorry to have missed it live. Really, it sounded just about perfect! Love the photos ...thanks so much for sharing it with us.

CR was our first Disney resort way back in 1982 - we stayed in the now nonexistent North Wing. Our room was close to the Tower...I will never forget when we opened the drapes and the monorail glided past...sigh...we were hooked. Although no balcony, from many of the "parking lot view" rooms Space Mountain could be seen, as well as the Train Station and of course, the monorail gliding by. We loved it even more than the Tower, where we stayed the following summer for our first and last 4th of July visit - Oh my, the crowds! We got stuck in the crowds at TTC and did not make it back to our TPV balcony in time to see the 4th fireworks! We were coming back from EPCOT (the first summer it was open) and never expected to get stuck in massive crowds at TTC.

Back then when booking a Tower room, either side was a request - we decided not to make a request as we knew we would enjoy Bay Lake or MK view. We we were very happy to have a MK view..but as odd as it sounds, we thought it more of a glorified parking lot view! We must be some of the few who think that - though I have heard it mentioned on the DIS occasionally. We stayed in the Tower twice, but preferred the North Wing, parking lot view. Go figure! Poly became our home, but CR holds wonderful memories - still miss the North Wing...not a fan of BLT because it meant demolishing "our" wing.

Well, darn! Sorry to go on...your delightful TR brought back so many cherished memories. So happy you had a wonderful trip!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #142
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Christine, I am glad you found it

I think the reason I didn't feel the "parking lot" view so much is that we were high enough up and just stayed focused on the MK, GF, monorail, etc.

I am glad that CR has so many memories for you. When we asked Steven last yesterday about going in May we said we would not be able to stay at CR because the prices are too high at that time. He looked at us straight faced and said eh would rather not go if he can't stay at CR, DH and I busted out laughing. He did eventually say he would compromise with YC I had to get his permission to book BLT for next year.

We really had such a great trip. It was the first time we wet for longer than a long weekend and it did feel more magical. I am looking forward to a full week next year

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #143
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Christine, I am glad you found it

I think the reason I didn't feel the "parking lot" view so much is that we were high enough up and just stayed focused on the MK, GF, monorail, etc.

I am glad that CR has so many memories for you. When we asked Steven last yesterday about going in May we said we would not be able to stay at CR because the prices are too high at that time. He looked at us straight faced and said eh would rather not go if he can't stay at CR, DH and I busted out laughing. He did eventually say he would compromise with YC I had to get his permission to book BLT for next year.

We really had such a great trip. It was the first time we wet for longer than a long weekend and it did feel more magical. I am looking forward to a full week next year

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think boys really get CR (BLT too and hear the pool is great over there!). I am looking at resort for a 4 ngt trip with Sophia - she will be 5 (!!!) on Sept 2 and I'd like to her the last week of August as a birthday trip. Of course $$ is always a factor in choosing a resort, but being it is her first real trip (one day at MK in Jan) I'd like to spurge a little. We will only do 2 park days, both MK. Next year we will do more (and I want her mom and dad to have the privilege of doing each park for the first time with her). Anyway...keep looking at CR GV, but know she would enjoy the boat from WL. Poly is out of the budget. Maybe I should look into renting points at BLT - studio would be fine, even a std view would do.

I am SO excited you will have a full week next year...and BLT one bedroom!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #144
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

Not sure how I missed the link in your signature....but I did! Now I've got to go back and read The weather is not cooperating for pool time today, so it's the perfect day to play catch up.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #145
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hi Melissa,
The baby stayed asleep for 45 minutes so I got to finish your report! Loved it. Glad to see you are headed back next year. Life is always better when there is a trip in the planning stages.

I'm sorry about BoG - you are amazing that you shook it off so fast! Some people would have let that ruin the trip. Sounds liek you had a wonderful time!
WHAT an amazing view!
Hope I can try CR soon, I love that you can just walk to the MK!
Glad you were well looked after by all the chefs!

Thanks for sharing!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #146
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi Melissa,
The baby stayed asleep for 45 minutes so I got to finish your report! Loved it. Glad to see you are headed back next year. Life is always better when there is a trip in the planning stages.

I'm sorry about BoG - you are amazing that you shook it off so fast! Some people would have let that ruin the trip. Sounds liek you had a wonderful time!
WHAT an amazing view!
Hope I can try CR soon, I love that you can just walk to the MK!
Glad you were well looked after by all the chefs!

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading along! It was really an all over the place TR with alot of chatter, but that is how my life is anyway

We are looking forward to going back, but the kids are saying they cant wait until Feb, so we will see what the fall will bring

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #147
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last night DH and I were sitting on the balcony looking over at the MK and said how truly submerged in Disney we felt. There truly is something magical about the CR TPV. He even said it wasn't even just the TPV but looking over to the GF and Poly is beautiful. As long as it is sunny in the morning I'll take some pics to post of the view.
You are sooooo right! I love the CR!!! When you're able to see the MK, Poly and GF, you feel totally immersed in Disney nostalgia. When I was a kid, the CR is where we stayed so it holds a special place in my heart.

Quote:
After much deliberation and compromise, we finally landed at The Wave for breakfast. Contempo Cafe was a zoo and DS took one look and said no way!!!
The Wave is great, isn't it?! I think it's one of those overlooked places that people don't think about going.

Glad yall had a wonderful stay at the CR! Thanks for sharing your adventures

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #148
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

The CR was my first resort on my first trip as a kid and I can't wait to stay there as an adult in Dec as the second resort of a split stay. We made 2 ressies for breakfasts at the Wave and one at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten breakfast at CM but this will be a first for us at The Wave. We like that it has a buffet and menu.
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #149
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You are sooooo right! I love the CR!!! When you're able to see the MK, Poly and GF, you feel totally immersed in Disney nostalgia. When I was a kid, the CR is where we stayed so it holds a special place in my heart.

The Wave is great, isn't it?! I think it's one of those overlooked places that people don't think about going.

Glad yall had a wonderful stay at the CR! Thanks for sharing your adventures

Heather
We really did feel so immersed in Disney at the CR. We loved the view and atmosphere at YC but the CR really just is truly all Disney

Yes, I was sorry we didn't try The Wave when we were there in December. Such great fresh food!!! My kids are still talking about Chef Dave and how they cant wait to go back and eat at The Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
The CR was my first resort on my first trip as a kid and I can't wait to stay there as an adult in Dec as the second resort of a split stay. We made 2 ressies for breakfasts at the Wave and one at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten breakfast at CM but this will be a first for us at The Wave. We like that it has a buffet and menu.
I really cant say enough great things about The Wave! Have a great time in December!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #150
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

I know more and more amusement parks, zoos, etc are trying to be accommodating with allergies but we feel that Disney is the best and can't wait until December!
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: