|02-15-2013, 09:29 PM||#1|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: west coaster
Where do I start?
Hello Dis board!
I have been reading the forum, internet guides and guide books on how to plan your first stay at WDW and not blow a budget...etc. I am not striving for the perfect trip...I just want to make sure I make this trip as easy on my family as possible. I am hoping someone can help answer a couple of my questions.
A few trip plans that are set:
1. We (me, DD 13yr and DD 10yr) are flying from the West Coast to Orlando and I am considering an overnight flight and arrival day would be for enjoying the resort/area/pool. This is a first time trip to florida/WDW. Has anyone tried this? How did it work?
2. My DD cannot stand heat. They are most happy at low 70s (i know, not ideal..lol). The oldest has type 1 diabetes and the heat affects her a lot. I was planning for February (not president's day weekend). I am wondering if Feb will be tolerable for them and yet they still want to swim in the pool(s)...is that possible?
3. We will stay on site this time @ POR in a "princess room". I can't take the big bright themes of the value and yet we still want to have the magic of disney. Anyone with older kids who tried this? How did it work out?
4. I have not booked anything and have been saving my pennies...I have enough to buy tickets and am wondering if I should buy those first from Undercover tourist (before prices go up) or should i be booking rooms? We will not be using the dining plan due to the fact that we are more grazers, dietary choices and the diabetic, so that will not impact the room/package.
5. As for flights...they are so expensive from here...anyone from the west coast with any suggestions?
Thanks for any and all suggestions as they are very much appreciated.
Last edited by esmee1sttip; 02-16-2013 at 07:18 PM.
|first trip, questions|