DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #751
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I really, really feel that exact thing happened to me, based on the smug tone of my guide that night I was ROFR'd the first time. The second time he was little more reserved, but the timing was certainly suspect.

Now, if I get ROFR'd again next week and get ANOTHER call from my guide that same night...
That would be fine with me though, also. As long as I get my VGC points I don't really care what route it takes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #752
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

If you cancel more than 10 days after you sign contracts, I believe you lose your deposit
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #753
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia
Here I am, amazingly, joining this group. After waiting since last April for direct VGC points, I happened across a resale contract that fit and jumped on it. So..off it goes to ROFR (hope my guide doesn't call NOW...what a dilemma). So details are 125 VGC, March use year, $108 a pt, 12 pts coming from 2013, 125 2014, I pay closing. Fingers crossed..more points than originally intended but I'm sure if it works out, I can use them
I am pretty sure you will pass
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #754
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia

Oh heck no..I'm not off the waitlist..I've been told I'm next in line..so..if it gets ROFR'd I may still get those points..and if by some weird fluke the waitlist comes through during the process..well..I don't know what I'd do..Cancel the reasale sale since direct is a sure thing? I'd hate to do that too since I feel obligated to going through with a deal I signed on to..ack..here's hoping my guide DOESN'T call this time.
If you cancel more than 10 days after you sign contracts, I believe you lose your deposit
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #755
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Wow! I found a seller interested in what I'm offering. My agent is putting the contracts together then we'll go through ROFR. It is a SSR contract, 150 points for $50/pt, buyer pays MF's, buyer and seller split closing costs. I hope it goes through!

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #756
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl
Wow! I found a seller interested in what I'm offering. My agent is putting the contracts together then we'll go through ROFR. It is a SSR contract, 150 points for $50/pt, buyer pays MF's, buyer and seller split closing costs. I hope it goes through!
Good luck! Congrats on finding a willing seller.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #757
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Oh wow that is a great deal. I was putting in offers for $50 per point for SSR 150 points but either never heard back and cancelled my offer or was rejected with no counteroffer given. What broker are you using and does it come with points or is it stripped?

Good luck with ROFR
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #758
nunzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey7295 View Post
I am pretty sure you will pass
I hope it does..but why do you say that?
And..I would most likely not cancel if my waitlist came through even though I'd have a boatload of points.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #759
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Oh wow that is a great deal. I was putting in offers for $50 per point for SSR 150 points but either never heard back and cancelled my offer or was rejected with no counteroffer given. What broker are you using and does it come with points or is it stripped?

Good luck with ROFR
I don't know if this will help you or not, but we have a contract in ROFR now for SSR at $48/point. I believe the sellers have another contract listed for SSR (170 points) as when I was boing nosy and looking up their deeds I decided to see if they were selling all their DVC or just this one and two other contracts seemed to match them.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #760
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
I don't know if this will help you or not, but we have a contract in ROFR now for SSR at $48/point. I believe the sellers have another contract listed for SSR (170 points) as when I was boing nosy and looking up their deeds I decided to see if they were selling all their DVC or just this one and two other contracts seemed to match them.
Thank you. I have an offer on a contract right now but if the seller rejects it, I would love details on your findings
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #761
chasshan
calgirl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Oh heck no..I'm not off the waitlist..I've been told I'm next in line..so..if it gets ROFR'd I may still get those points..and if by some weird fluke the waitlist comes through during the process..well..I don't know what I'd do..Cancel the reasale sale since direct is a sure thing? I'd hate to do that too since I feel obligated to going through with a deal I signed on to..ack..here's hoping my guide DOESN'T call this time.
Hi,
I'm still new to all of this, but couldn't you just call and ask to be taken off the wait list until you hear back about ROFR? Then if it doesn't work out just get back on the wait list with DVC? Would that then put you at the bottom of a long list? It seems like you could eventually get some points through resale, eventually, and most likely at a savings.
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #762
nunzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Hi,
I'm still new to all of this, but couldn't you just call and ask to be taken off the wait list until you hear back about ROFR? Then if it doesn't work out just get back on the wait list with DVC? Would that then put you at the bottom of a long list? It seems like you could eventually get some points through resale, eventually, and most likely at a savings.
Shanna
Well, I could, but it's taken me almost a year to be at the top of this waitlist for my use year points at VGC. Since the VGC is so small, contracts are very difficult to get direct. Certain use years seem to come available rarely and it looks like mine is one of them. If I cancel I will be sent to the bottom of a very long list and then if the points get ROFR I will end up with nothing and have to begin my waitlist process at the end of the pack. Resale points are also hard to come by and this is the first one I've seen in my use year as long as I've been looking.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #763
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Couple of years ago we paid $62 a point for a 200 pt contract at SSR. Thought it was a good deal. Now I see them passing at $45. Can we really pick up a contract at $45 per point. May be time to add on....
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #764
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea
Couple of years ago we paid $62 a point for a 200 pt contract at SSR. Thought it was a good deal. Now I see them passing at $45. Can we really pick up a contract at $45 per point. May be time to add on....
At $50 or less, it may be difficult to find an agreeable seller. Not impossible if you have time & are very patient, and willing to take lots of rejection.

Easier to get seems, like something in the $50-60 range, depending on specific contract. GL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #765
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
I'd say you might be able to get a resale for $48-58 range...the smaller the contract the higher the cost.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: