Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #3241
candizfan
DIS Veteran
 
candizfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,492

Sounds like everyone is safe and I am glad to hear that...and power is always a plus!

Sounds like everyone should consider moving to Windsor Ontario! We get less snow than the TP2 and Tomar. We can handle driving in the snow and ice, for the most part and usually streets are plowed by the next day, unless we get a very big storm.

We have decent weather in the spring and it only gets REALLY hot for a couple of weeks in the summer.

Add the low housing costs and the close proximity to Detroit (for things like pro sports and museums etc) without having to worry about long communtes like MKY and bug!

No wonder the are pitching our area as a good place to retire.

I can leave my house, deal with the border and customs and be at Detroit Metro aiport in 40 minutes or less.

Everyone stay safe if you do get more snow.
__________________
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #3242
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,559

Talking

Hiya everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day : & :

WooHoo 60 days

Candi, sorry, not interested in the "great north" to retire. And not interested in Detroit either. Now, that is a hard sell.

RHMH You are too funny. Yes, we where all born up here. Ugh. You still have way better weather than us. Sometimes on chicago tv news if the south gets snow > they show us the car's slipping around,. ...... . Or people trying to scape windows without the scrapers. I hope to one day > not remember what driving in snow and blizzards was like.


Have a great night all. mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #3243
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,439

Hey Everyone - Just want to up date all of you as to what has been going on. Midori BB Team is 15 and 1. BB Tourney is starting next week. Midori made 27 points in last Saturday's game. Midori's braces are going well and she is changing the band colors every month. Pretty neat if you ask me...

We landed a 2 year contract with the City of Fort Worth, so business has been good. Reminding my Boss about July Vacation was a dramatic event. He commented, Disney Vacation again??? I reminded him, this has been and will be a vacation I will take for years. EVEN after you re-tire BOSS!!!

It has been a big ordeal for 28 years for him to let me take my vacation. I lost 2 weeks of vacation time last year and I really don't want to lose it this year. We may not go to WDW next year ??? Plans are to go back to Paris and visit Disney again. But you never know, plans can change.

Other than that, DD and I are watching our past Disney vacation Video's and watching the days go by quickly... It's almost the end of Feb, Spring break will be here, Easter then Summer vacation again. This year is going to go quickly and I am not ready for it.

Our cat will be 23 years old the first of April. He is so cranky and walks around with an attitude.

Enough about us, what has been going on in your world's???
__________________


DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #3244
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,559

Hiya everyone

RHMH, Wow, you guys have been busy. I am very impressed with your over seas' disney trips. Can you compare them to our parks here or give us some insider info? Always been curious if we would be disappointed with them or if we should try them??? My sis [who is a disney fanatic] doesn't think she would want to include disney into a over seas trip and I [Really really big fanatic] things why else go???
Nice that you have family there. That is neat and helpful.
Good luck with the BB! Congratulations on your account landed!

We haven't been up to too much here. Been very cold, so most northerner's are hiding in there houses. We didn't even attend the chicago auto show this year, and we usually always go to that. Just couldn't get a good day to go. Now, I am waiting for my "on call" at 3pm to start, and see if they need me at work. This is our busy season and its been up and down.

FYI: Kelly & Michael "show" >> is live from WDW this week. Set those vcr's and tivo's.

Hope everyone has a great week! & Happy Planning!

mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #3245
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,439

don't know what happened to your message.. MKYMouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya everyone

RHMH, Wow, you guys have been busy. I am very impressed with your over seas' disney trips. Can you compare them to our parks here or give us some insider info? Always been curious if we would be disappointed with them or if we should try them??? My sis [who is a disney fanatic] doesn't think she would want to include disney into a over seas trip and I [Really really big fanatic] things why else go???
Nice that you have family there. That is neat and helpful.
Good luck with the BB! Congratulations on your account landed!

We haven't been up to too much here. Been very cold, so most northerner's are hiding in there houses. We didn't even attend the chicago auto show this year, and we usually always go to that. Just couldn't get a good day to go. Now, I am waiting for my "on call" at 3pm to start, and see if they need me at work. This is our busy season and its been up and down.

FYI: Kelly & Michael "show" >> is live from WDW this week. Set those vcr's and tivo's.

Hope everyone has a great week! & Happy Planning!

mky
Paris Disney Parks are a wee bit smaller than WDW Parks. I am not including the Mass of land the surrounds WDW Parks. Rides are very similar and the food is typical Disney. Alot more outside dining from what I remember. Midori does not remember any of the trip other than flying.

We stayed at the Cheyenne, the whole trip cost about 2800.00 more than our typical WDW vacation because of the unfamilar territories. We all have learned how to get around WDW economically as many time as we all have been there.

Back to the main topic. The table dining is fabu, I do remember our server made me feel you needed to show your appreciation by the amount of tip you leave. (Being from outside of the Country I think) I know a lot has changed since we were there in 2004 so we are excited but not holding our breath since it is 1 and 1/2 years down the road.

Is it worth the money? Only if you include other sites in Paris as part of your vacation. Don't make Disney your only reason to visit. If you do, I don't think it's worth it. (Just my Opinion)
__________________


DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #3246
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,349

Hey Everybody...been super busy with work...it's a nightmare right now. I want it to be over. Worst year that I can really remember ever especially since there's no one here at night and I still have no time.

Happy Planning.
BB is fun, but wow the time!
I'm looking forward to no snow too someday mky

Big storm coming...they won't say if we're gonna get hit or not. No idea yet.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #3247
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,559

Hiya everyone,

RHMH, Very interesting. Not sure if we will ever go. Something to dream about. I flew to Hawawii once, and swore I would never be on a plane that long again. Especially flying over water. Scary. For some reason I kept thinking about Amelia earhart. I remember it vividly, cause the 1st day in Hawawii > I could barely walk with leg cramps. This was circa 1985?

EE22, I hear you. They are saying by friday we will be full of snow again. Last night when I left work > it was pouring rain and 50. This morning when I woke up > snow and a high of 16. That was not counting wind chill and it was howling.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

and always: Happy Planning

mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #3248
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,349

Yesterday...It was 50 at lunch when I ran home...we had a professional day and 33 when I left work at the end of the day
Snow due Friday

Ground Hog...what a rodent
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #3249
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya everyone,

Especially flying over water. Scary. For some reason I kept thinking about Amelia earhart.


mky
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #3250
Humphrey1227
Mouseketeer
 
Humphrey1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Illinois
Posts: 369

I keep saying I some day want to go to England and to France. I would love to go to eurodisney. Maybe MKy was talking about her other sister. I would love to see pictures. Humphrey
__________________
Humphrey!
Humphrey1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #3251
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran
 
TOMAR@SSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,950

Hi Everyone !
So, we are doing ok in the Frozen Tundra that is NJ this winter ...YUK !
Spring can`t come fast enough for us this year I tell ya !!!
Reading about the convo regarding Disney outside the US....What a wonderful thought ! ...However, Im not a fan of sitting on a plane for 3/4 of a day, so I make believe in Epcot, that I have visited the Countries that I most would really want to ....Re: Italy, France, and then go to the Poly to get my Hawaiian fix !!
Hope everyone is having a Good week !!!

Happy Planning !!!!
Just finished making ADR`s for our summer trip...Yipeeee !!
__________________

TOMAR@SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #3252
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hey Everyone - Just want to up date all of you as to what has been going on. Midori BB Team is 15 and 1. BB Tourney is starting next week. Midori made 27 points in last Saturday's game. Midori's braces are going well and she is changing the band colors every month. Pretty neat if you ask me...

We landed a 2 year contract with the City of Fort Worth, so business has been good. Reminding my Boss about July Vacation was a dramatic event. He commented, Disney Vacation again??? I reminded him, this has been and will be a vacation I will take for years. EVEN after you re-tire BOSS!!!

It has been a big ordeal for 28 years for him to let me take my vacation. I lost 2 weeks of vacation time last year and I really don't want to lose it this year. We may not go to WDW next year ??? Plans are to go back to Paris and visit Disney again. But you never know, plans can change.

Other than that, DD and I are watching our past Disney vacation Video's and watching the days go by quickly... It's almost the end of Feb, Spring break will be here, Easter then Summer vacation again. This year is going to go quickly and I am not ready for it.

Our cat will be 23 years old the first of April. He is so cranky and walks around with an attitude.

Enough about us, what has been going on in your world's???
Hi Bob Didn't think I would see you again on the boards since I had no plans to take another summer trip, but I have decided that I really loved it last July. So we are booking soon for August this year. I know...I'm a little late (already past my 180 day mark) but that's okay. I don't plan to eat at Be Our Guest, so my ADR plans should be fine

And Hi everyone else! Going back to read some....just wanted to hook up with more summer people now that I am "officially" planning another trip. My PTR is kinda a mess because I was originally planning an October trip, then moved it to Feb next year....now August but I haven't gotten to that post yet. Feel free to read and I will update it tomorrow I hope with all the August plans
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS7(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #3253
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hi Bob Didn't think I would see you again on the boards since I had no plans to take another summer trip, but I have decided that I really loved it last July. So we are booking soon for August this year. I know...I'm a little late (already past my 180 day mark) but that's okay. I don't plan to eat at Be Our Guest, so my ADR plans should be fine

And Hi everyone else! Going back to read some....just wanted to hook up with more summer people now that I am "officially" planning another trip. My PTR is kinda a mess because I was originally planning an October trip, then moved it to Feb next year....now August but I haven't gotten to that post yet. Feel free to read and I will update it tomorrow I hope with all the August plans
Hey Solana - Just got an email from Dis and notice you had posted. WOW!!! I am so glad to hear from you again. Was going through my phone a couple of days ago and saw I still had your phone number. I asked Midori if I should delete it and she said NO!!! what if Solana and us hooked backup again. So, it is still saved.

August trip?? That's ok, do ya think it might start getting humid that time of year? Midori just asked what I was doing. I said posting a reply to Solana. She said SEE!! I told you that she may pop up one day. Midori said to tell you Hello . Keep us posted as to what going on.. OK?
__________________


DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #3254
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,139

Hi Midori! Yep, August...it can't be that much different than July. I hope....less tour groups, right? I think the plan is for POFQ again because I just really enjoyed it last July. Although it will really depend on if my cousin comes with us. Then we will need 3 beds and might have to go with an AoA suite or a bunk bed room at either AKL or WL. I haven't read all through the pages... man this is a long thread! Are you and Midori still planning on the Poly in June?
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS7(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #3255
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hi Midori! Yep, August...it can't be that much different than July. I hope....less tour groups, right? I think the plan is for POFQ again because I just really enjoyed it last July. Although it will really depend on if my cousin comes with us. Then we will need 3 beds and might have to go with an AoA suite or a bunk bed room at either AKL or WL. I haven't read all through the pages... man this is a long thread! Are you and Midori still planning on the Poly in June?
Solana - Your right, less tour groups. November of last year, Midori needed braces, so after the insurance paid their portion (ha! ha!) I was left with a huge balance. We had to change from Poly to BC and then finally ended up ar CBR. Lucy, Midori's classmate and her Mother Kathleen are still coming ith us. WOW!! this is going to be an experience. I have to adjust to having 3 Women in the same room. Midori and I in one bed and Lucy and her Mother in the other. Here is the adjustment, I will have to respect their privacy and get up, clean up and leave the room until the 3 ladies are ready and decent. Lucy has never been to Disney and Kathleen has been once about 30 years ago. It will be lots of fun and I will need to be respectful of the 3 ladies. I've been single for 13 years, no desire to date or have another relationship so having Lucy's Mother come with us will be fun but really uncomfortable at times. It's just going to be a little wierd at times.

We all agreed to share the cost of the total trip so this year my Resort bill will be cut in half. NOW!! I don't know if I am hoping for free dining or a discount on the room. Just don't know which one would be more advantagous for the group. I'll have to calculate all of our meals and see if FD would be the way to go this year.
__________________


DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)

Last edited by RHMH; 02-21-2013 at 05:41 AM.
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s? CathrynRose Community Board 3747 09-23-2013 01:58 PM
New & Faster WDW Snake Thread - January 24, 2009 Metro West Theme Parks Community 4173 11-07-2010 05:45 PM
The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3773 09-22-2009 04:15 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM
O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs? JerseyJanice Disney Dining Plan 107 04-17-2009 02:20 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.