DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #736
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Here I am, amazingly, joining this group. After waiting since last April for direct VGC points, I happened across a resale contract that fit and jumped on it. So..off it goes to ROFR (hope my guide doesn't call NOW...what a dilemma). So details are 125 VGC, March use year, $108 a pt, 12 pts coming from 2013, 125 2014, I pay closing. Fingers crossed..more points than originally intended but I'm sure if it works out, I can use them
Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #737
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenatj View Post
Found out today Disney exercised ROFR on our contract. Was 150 BLT Dec $83 pp, buyer paid '13 MF, seller paid closing. All '12 & '13 points.

Sucks but oh well. Have to try again. Out of the two resale I have tried both have been ROFR.
This may be speculation on my part but I am fairly certain from the evidence.

This is the third BLT contract I have seen ROFR'd, all 3 have been December UY. There is another thread(no idea where i read it) but it indicates that 3 different people that are/were on the waiting list for BLT Dec UY.

Beware the BLT December UY.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #738
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Here I am, amazingly, joining this group. After waiting since last April for direct VGC points, I happened across a resale contract that fit and jumped on it. So..off it goes to ROFR (hope my guide doesn't call NOW...what a dilemma). So details are 125 VGC, March use year, $108 a pt, 12 pts coming from 2013, 125 2014, I pay closing. Fingers crossed..more points than originally intended but I'm sure if it works out, I can use them
Congrats! Did you pull off the wait list? If not they may ROFR it and sell it to you direct. But then you will be off wait list and it could still get ROFRd (for someone else on wait list) and you'd have lost your place on the wait list.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-14-2013 at 05:38 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #739
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Congrats! Did you pull off the wait list? If not they may ROFR it and sell it to you direct. But then you will be off wait list if this still gets ROFRd and lose your place on the wait list.
Wow, I had no idea they could do this. Is it common?

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #740
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
Wow, I had no idea they could do this. Is it common?
We discussed this a little over a year ago when I and another poster both had our VGC contracts ROFR'd while we were both on the direct wait list.

In my case, I had it done twice, and each time, the day I got the ROFR news, my guide called later that day to tell me my points w/b coming in another week or two.

The other poster had hers ROFR'd at a higher price than another VGC contract that passed the same week and I believe it was also the same UY. And, her guide called her right afterward s well.

So the discussion was whether Disney bothers to run the names on the resale contracts vs those on the wait lists because it's an easy sale for them.

Who knows if it really happens, though. Like most things DVC or Disney, it's a mystery to us outsiders.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #741
gortman65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
We discussed this a little over a year ago when I and another poster both had our VGC contracts ROFR'd while we were both on the direct wait list.

In my case, I had it done twice, and each time, the day I got the ROFR news, my guide called later that day to tell me my points w/b coming in another week or two.

The other poster had hers ROFR'd at a higher price than another VGC contract that passed the same week and I believe it was also the same UY. And, her guide called her right afterward s well.

So the discussion was whether Disney bothers to run the names on the resale contracts vs those on the wait lists because it's an easy sale for them.

Who knows if it really happens, though. Like most things DVC or Disney, it's a mystery to us outsiders.
Wow, that's interesting. We just had our bid for a small VGC contract accepted this week and I was contemplating going on the waitlist as well. Think we will hold off until the resale purchase is complete.

Thanks for the info!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #742
bakenatj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55

This may be speculation on my part but I am fairly certain from the evidence.

This is the third BLT contract I have seen ROFR'd, all 3 have been December UY. There is another thread(no idea where i read it) but it indicates that 3 different people that are/were on the waiting list for BLT Dec UY.

Beware the BLT December UY.
I think you are right. There are a ton of February contracts on the market but very few December. I have seen February contracts pass that were low $ per point than the contract I had.

I might wait till VGF starts selling before I try again. I want one in my UY which happens to be in December.

1985 DL, 1989 DL, 2001 DL, 2003 WDW, 2004 DL, 2005 WDW, 2006 WDW, 2008 CSR, 2009 AKV-K, 2010 BLT, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 Aulani, 2013 DL, 2013 SSR, 2013 VGF.
bakenatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #743
Sur
Love the Dis

There was a thread started a week or so back, by an individual who had put in for direct purchase of a specific UY for BLT. He was told by his guide that he'd be on the waitlist. Our BLT contract

went to ROFR. This interested buyer then stated two BLT contracts "became available" and he bought one. Later he noted the two UY's offered, and the points total and UY he was offered was our

contract. Fortunately, he did not choose it. But I was sweatin' it when I saw his post!

It did make me think, though, that I wouldn't be putting a "waiting on ROFR decision" on the boards. What if someone were looking for exactly what I found in resale and was willing to go through Disney direct? All they'd have to do is call a guide and POOF gone!! (I think)
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #744
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
There was a thread started a week or so back, by an individual who had put in for direct purchase of a specific UY for BLT. He was told by his guide that he'd be on the waitlist. Our BLT contract

went to ROFR. This interested buyer then stated two BLT contracts "became available" and he bought one. Later he noted the two UY's offered, and the points total and UY he was offered was our

contract. Fortunately, he did not choose it. But I was sweatin' it when I saw his post!

It did make me think, though, that I wouldn't be putting a "waiting on ROFR decision" on the boards. What if someone were looking for exactly what I found in resale and was willing to go through Disney direct? All they'd have to do is call a guide and POOF gone!! (I think)
Once Disney takes back points, via ROFR, foreclosure, bankruptcy, etc., they can carve up the contracts into any points combinations they need. They can't change UY, but they can and do use a 300 point contract, e.g., to fill 3 100 point wait list requests.

So the number of points on a resale doesn't necessarily translate exactly into what winds up coming out from Disney if they buy it back.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #745
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
Wow, that's interesting. We just had our bid for a small VGC contract accepted this week and I was contemplating going on the waitlist as well. Think we will hold off until the resale purchase is complete.

Thanks for the info!
Again, who knows?

But my guide called me just about as we were deciding to do another add on, and I told him I'd get back to him. We didn't want to be on the wait list again while trying for a resale.

I think he called because it was about a year since our last add on and he probably had it in a file to call to see if we decided we needed more points after having a year to test out the VGC contracts we bought last year.

He was right, but I'm waiting until after we get ROFR'd again before I try the direct route. We really only need about 50 points, so direct might be the only way to go, but we found a 125 point contract in our UY for $90 so we pounced.

One more week, probably. We should know next week.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #746
Sur
Love the Dis

I see where you have to be careful when buying direct and looking at resale. I also didn't know they could carve 'em up. Learn something new all the time. Thanks! Good luck next week.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #747
gortman65

Quote:
Again, who knows?

But my guide called me just about as we were deciding to do another add on, and I told him I'd get back to him. We didn't want to be on the wait list again while trying for a resale.

I think he called because it was about a year since our last add on and he probably had it in a file to call to see if we decided we needed more points after having a year to test out the VGC contracts we bought last year.

He was right, but I'm waiting until after we get ROFR'd again before I try the direct route. We really only need about 50 points, so direct might be the only way to go, but we found a 125 point contract in our UY for $90 so we pounced.

One more week, probably. We should know next week.
Good luck. Here's hoping you get good news!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #748
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That would be a real kick in the pants, to get your resale contract ROFR'ed and then sold back to you at full price.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #749
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
That would be a real kick in the pants, to get your resale contract ROFR'ed and then sold back to you at full price.
I really, really feel that exact thing happened to me, based on the smug tone of my guide that night I was ROFR'd the first time. The second time he was little more reserved, but the timing was certainly suspect.

Now, if I get ROFR'd again next week and get ANOTHER call from my guide that same night...
Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #750
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Congrats! Did you pull off the wait list? If not they may ROFR it and sell it to you direct. But then you will be off wait list and it could still get ROFRd (for someone else on wait list) and you'd have lost your place on the wait list.
Oh heck no..I'm not off the waitlist..I've been told I'm next in line..so..if it gets ROFR'd I may still get those points..and if by some weird fluke the waitlist comes through during the process..well..I don't know what I'd do..Cancel the reasale sale since direct is a sure thing? I'd hate to do that too since I feel obligated to going through with a deal I signed on to..ack..here's hoping my guide DOESN'T call this time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: