Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #46
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

My DD bought a box of VDay cards for her class at school. I think it was $2.97. That is all I have spent/ am going to spend.
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #47
Mamakop
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love Valentine's day! :-)
My birthday is today( the day before Valentine's day)

When I was younger I always received a gift for My bday and another for Vday.
I get the girls each a gift: usually a stuffed animal, candy, a book and an outfit.

My husband always gets me separate gifts as well... I really don't care what/how much he spends. But he does do pretty well.......

He has gotten me jewelry, coach purses, cards, a DVD, perfume.... Whatever I may hint at that year. It's always different in pricing. Same for him too. Last year I got him a DVD and some cologne. One year I got him a shirt and this year I got him and I two tickets to a Cardinals game in April..... It'll be a fun date to look forward to.

December 1-13, 2012: staying MK view at the Contemporary
August 2011: first family trip
Mamakop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #48
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

$0

I do not give my kids Valentines (they are adults now) and I am single.

My daughter spent about $50 on her boyfriend, she bought him new Levi's (buy one get one free @ Kohls) LOL
disneychrista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #49
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

I got my bf a punch card for the carwash lol and I'm making him a nice dinner. He's giving me the ring (not engagement) that didn't get finished in time for Christmas. So no vd present, just a really late Christmas one.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #50
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

Oh, and DS is getting a date night with mommy on Friday!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #51
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliegirl1
I told him not to spend a lot on me but I just received a dozen long stemmed red roses at work and I think he might be proposing tomorrow!! - He's been hinting quite heavily that he has a very important question for me (and we have discussed getting married lately) so this will be an expensive holiday for him.
Oh my gosh, how exciting!! You have to report back and let us know how it goes. Looks like there might be another disney bride in the making!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #52
sallysallysally
Earning My Ears

he better spend on me LOL
sallysallysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #53
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am 27 and have been with my boyfriend for 10 years! We normally don't do anything besides dinner. Is that bad??? Two years ago I bought him a big present and he bought me one but we don't do anything anymore besides maye a card. We live together so we feel bad spending money for this silly holiday.
Nope, not bad at all.

Would rather have someone show me he cared all year long because he wants to instead of just on one day when he knows it's expected of him.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #54
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

$3-5 on DS's class/den cards and candy.
Oh, and I'll make cupcakes or cookies today. But that's something I do every week or so anyways.

Valentine's day is too commercial. I'd rather get flowers from DH because he loves me, and not some commercial telling him to.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #55
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I'm pretty impressed with DD and her boyfriend. They've been going out for 2 1/2 years now so they both know the other is broke, lol. This morning he brought her 3 beautiful white roses that I put in a vase for her since she had to leave for school and he had left the price tag on them: $5.88 and she loved them. She also spent about $5 to buy supplies to make him a necklace and card. Very frugal and thoughtful.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #56
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

For my family,

DH and I just exchange cards and a little something, this year his has been hitting around about a new CD of Zac brown band, so he will be getting this, and bag Ghirardelli chocolate. and a card, ohh and a card from the dog

Tonight DH and I will cook dinner together,and snuggle on the couch which is what we do anyway and will probably grab dinner out somewhere over the weekend.

For our DD's they are all grown up, they each got a large bag of Ghirardelli chocolate's for their families.

We just do a little something, for this holiday. For us it's about love and being together.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #57
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh0726 View Post
Nope, not bad at all.

Would rather have someone show me he cared all year long because he wants to instead of just on one day when he knows it's expected of him.
Why do some people assume because a DH gives a gift on Valentine's Day, he's a cad the rest of the year? That logic makes no sense to me.

I got a beautiful bouquet of tulips last night, my favorite.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #58
we3travellers
Mouseketeer

$12 on DS for a Skylander, Angry Birds activity book and a card

$2 on cards for DS's class

$1 on card for DH

I will make a nice dinner for us this evening (like I do 330 days of the year!)
Our anniversary if Feb 20, so we always do dinner and a movie then instead of really celebrating VD.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #59
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
Why do some people assume because a DH gives a gift on Valentine's Day, he's a cad the rest of the year? That logic makes no sense to me.

I got a beautiful bouquet of tulips last night, my favorite.
I always wonder how many of the people who say that have dh's that show up with flowers on a random day just because. Would I rather that, sure but my dh has never been the type that does that. I'll take flowers on V-day, they look just as pretty that day, as than any other
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #60
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I always wonder how many of the people who say that have dh's that show up with flowers on a random day just because. Would I rather that, sure but my dh has never been the type that does that. I'll take flowers on V-day, they look just as pretty that day, as than any other
My DH isn't a random flower giver, either. He knows I love tulips and had to go to four different places on his way home to find them. The extra effort he showed made the gesture sweeter ~ even though he was late for dinner.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: