Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Which outlet mall???

I remember there being two big outlets in each end of I-drive. Which one would you recommend? Is it still safe to take the I-trolley there??

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Premium Outlets at I-Drive (formerly Prime Outlets).
Yes, the trolley is safe.
But truth be told: the outlets are overrated and overpriced.
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
rluey29
Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

I agree. Also there was an article last year stating that most of the merchandise at the outlet malls were made just for the outlets and are lesser quality than what you would find at the regular stores.
2009 Pop Century
2010 Off-site (June)
2010 Were moving to Florida!!! (August)
2010-present living about 35 minutes from Disney! (every weekend)
2011-first time camping at Fort Wilderness!!!
rluey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We love the Premium Outlets. We never fail to find a whole host of bargains on our trips (on quality items, too....name brand stuff that would cost us, in some cases, 4 times the amount if purchased at home in Canada).

On our trips, we usually end up going to both locations. The mall closest to Universal (Premium Outlets International Drive) has an Under Armour outlet store, while the one closest to SeaWorld (Premium Outlets Vineland Avenue)does not. The Vineland location has an American Eagle outlet, while the International Drive location does not.

We also always make the drive to the Nike Clearance Outlet in Kissimmee. We stumbled upon this little gem on our August trip, and were amazed at the prices. My DH got a pair of shoes here on our Christmas trip in a size 15 yes, he has big feet!!) for $25 that we saw later that week at the Florida Mall for $115. The exact same shoe.

At Christmas time, at the Vineland Premium Outlets location, we saw little girls' Minnie Mouse dresses at the Disney outlet for substantially less than what they were selling for at the World of Disney store in DTD. And again, it was the exact same dress.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Last edited by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina; 02-10-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

They're now both owned by the same company,have a similar look and design and both have a lot of stores,I think the International Drive location (the one on the north end of I-Drive)is a bit bigger.I think unless you're looking for a certain store visiting either one is fine,if you're looking for a store(s) in particular look up the directory online to see which mall you would prefer.I don't see why taking the trolley would not be safe so go for it.Down here in South Florida we have Sawgrass Mills mall which is the world's biggest outlet mall and is pretty much a bigger indoor version of the two Premium outlets in Orlando,as far as someone saying all these outlets are overrated and overpriced,I mean sure it's not like a flea market but you can definitely find deals if you look in some stores.The one thing missing from the Orlando ones that Sawgrass has are the bigger stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls where you can find tons of deals year round.The Vineland location closer to Disney will be getting an expansion now that they tore down the old Dixie Stampede building.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for your input. Last time I went, which was 4-5 years ago, I remember them being different, but I can't remember which one I liked the most. I remember one of them being outside with pink buildings, I think this one was the one with the best stores, but I guess it doesn't matter now. We will be staying at SW so we might just pick the one closest to that.
I know the prices might be higher then what to expect for an outlet, but if you knew the prices here in Denmark for a lot of these stores, you would understand why I'm excited

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Parking is crazy at both of them. You almost always have to drive around waiting for someone to leave to find a spot. I went to the one on the north end last week and spent a good 30 minutes lurking until I found someone leaving. The one on the south end has a garage which helps, but it's a pretty long walk from the stores.

The Disney Character Warehouses are the only stores I visit regularly. I don't usually find many bargains in the others.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
ajrwdwgirl
Mouseketeer

Is the Disney outlet store better in either location or are they about the same?
ajrwdwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
swilshire
DIS Veteran

The Character Warehouse at the north end of the mall is much larger than the other one. I didn't find anything I liked on my recent visit, but I saw some of the same merchandise that was in the other store when I was there about a month prior. I would say they carry a lot of the same stuff.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #10
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

The one near Sea World has a Vera Bradely and the one at the other end does not. NO matter what anyone says, this place TRULY is an outlet and has fantastic prices if you are into this stuff. I purchase gifts for Chirstmas (I have one near where I live) and if you sign up on their website, they will send you a gc on your birthday for 20 and one six months later for 20 NO STRINGS ATTACHED. If you shop at the outlet, buy from their clearance and get the additional discount (between 20 and 40 % depending on the day) you can sometimes walk out with two items for a total out of pocket 15.00! also when you sign up, you get a coupon for 20 off 75 which you can use in conjunction with the birthday coupon because there is no expiration date.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Parking is crazy at both of them. You almost always have to drive around waiting for someone to leave to find a spot.
Parking has been a lot better at the Apopka-Vineland (south) one since they built a garage in back--however, you have to know to drive around behind the mall to find it, the signage could be bigger/clearer.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
jeff968
DIS Veteran

The third outlet mall is the Lake Buena Vista outlet on 535. Not as fancy as the others but still deals to be had. My wife really likes the Victoria Secret outlet at the Northern I-drive outlet mall.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
ain0004
Mouseketeer

We prefer the outlet near Universal area. The disney outlet actually had good items. I was much colder than predicted in our visit this past Nov. The WDW sweatshirts nicely priced at outlet store. I got a sweatshirt with tshirst for 25.00. The kids sweat shirts were only 8.99. Plus you can use your gift cards and disney rewards cards there!
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
disneyshan
Mouseketeer

I like both of them for different reasons. I'd pick International Drive for most things, however it is further away from Disney and it doesn't have a Gap Kids (which is important to me). It's hit or miss, really. Sometimes I find so much stuff I have to pick and choose to get it home. Sometimes I only find one or two things. If you have children, it's worth it to hit up the disney outlets and get some deals.

February 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort (first Disney Vacation at 27!); December 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 months pregnant with DS); January 2011 - POP (Mom and Me trip) ; May 2011 - AsSP (DS's first steps on his first Disney Vacation at 13 months); January 2012 - POFQ (5 months pregnant with DS#2) Cancelled due to Illness Booo!; April 2013 - First Trip with two children! Offsite (Hilton Grand Vacations Seaworld); April 2014 - Split stay. AKL and Offsite (HGVS);
disneyshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #15
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Since we will be staying right next to SW, I think we will take the Premium on Vineland.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:

MY DISNEY STAYS: