Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #346
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmartin01 View Post
going to pay off two credit cards this week! That will leave two and hopefully will have those paid off within 6 months!!! It will be sooo nice not have any cc debt!!!
Congrats!! 6 months will go by in not time!! I can't wait to not have any cc debt either!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #347
ferrytale
Mouseketeer

We have been slowly chipping away at ours - 1cc down, 1 more payment on another, & 2 that will be done this year! Then we can really work on rebuilding our credit for the future!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #348
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrytale View Post
We have been slowly chipping away at ours - 1cc down, 1 more payment on another, & 2 that will be done this year! Then we can really work on rebuilding our credit for the future!!!

Way to go! Sounds like your doing great getting them paid off.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #349
AuroraRora
Princess

I made a small payment and got one of my cc's paid off - I'm down to 4 out of 7 carrying debt. I got to do a lot of overtime last week and so I managed to get my emergency fund up to where I'd like it to be with a little left over. And the best part was, I got a $2k unexpected bonus at work!! I'm going to put it towards my cc's - I'm hoping to get another two of them paid of with it, and it means I can put my tax refund towards something else, as I was going to put it towards those cc's and now I won't have to.

I had a little setback though, my cat got sick again - another $280 just for the vet to look at him and give him some eye drops and pills . I'd be planning to get pet insurance since his $500 visit at New Years, but had I gotten around to it yet? Course not... *sigh* if I'd gotten that done in advance, this visit would have been free. As soon as he's better, that's the first thing I'm going to be doing!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #350
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I made a small payment and got one of my cc's paid off - I'm down to 4 out of 7 carrying debt. I got to do a lot of overtime last week and so I managed to get my emergency fund up to where I'd like it to be with a little left over. And the best part was, I got a $2k unexpected bonus at work!! I'm going to put it towards my cc's - I'm hoping to get another two of them paid of with it, and it means I can put my tax refund towards something else, as I was going to put it towards those cc's and now I won't have to.

I had a little setback though, my cat got sick again - another $280 just for the vet to look at him and give him some eye drops and pills . I'd be planning to get pet insurance since his $500 visit at New Years, but had I gotten around to it yet? Course not... *sigh* if I'd gotten that done in advance, this visit would have been free. As soon as he's better, that's the first thing I'm going to be doing!!
Way to go on getting 4 of the cc's paid off! You seem to be doing great! I wish I could get an unexpected 2k bonus at work
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #351
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Bumping this thread back up! How is everyone doing?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #352
Karalea
Mouseketeer

Both my state and federal refunds were deposited today. I have already scheduled payments to pay off 2 small credit cards and tranferred a large chunk into my savings.
Karalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #353
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalea View Post
Both my state and federal refunds were deposited today. I have already scheduled payments to pay off 2 small credit cards and tranferred a large chunk into my savings.

Way to go I noticed my federal was deposited the other day... still waiting on my state. I plan on making a big payment towards debt on Saturday (after I get paid on Friday!)

Then I will sit down to restructure my budget and see if there is any way to get it paid off earlier!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #354
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

looks like lots of credit cards will be lonely this month with no balances to accrue interest

just sent out another check to my student loans since i got my federal tax refund. was on vacation last week so i did some shopping, got a haircut, and have a dr appt tomorrow so i may not get in another extra payment this month but i have a 3rd paycheck next month to get me back in gear.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #355
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
looks like lots of credit cards will be lonely this month with no balances to accrue interest

just sent out another check to my student loans since i got my federal tax refund. was on vacation last week so i did some shopping, got a haircut, and have a dr appt tomorrow so i may not get in another extra payment this month but i have a 3rd paycheck next month to get me back in gear.
Great job on paying towards your student loan! And atleast you did get to enjoy some of the refund by a little retail therapy!! I stopped by a jewelry store the other day to see a friend and found a great birthday present for myself, but forced myself out the door
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #356
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

DH and I put our credit cards away and are going cash only next little while. Just paid off a small cc balance with some extra $.

Cashed in some $$ that was sitting in a paypal account which will go towards debt when I get it!

Way to go everyone on this thread for sticking with it!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #357
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Everyone is doing well, Dave Ramsey would be proud! I cut up all the plastic in my purse the other day except for one just in case of emergency, because my emergency fund is not exactly fully funded yet! I am hoping to pay off the small amazon cc by the end of this month and I paid the last monthly payment on my daughter's trip a few days ago, so that frees up $300 a month to put toward debt. I have 10 debts in total and I am hoping to cut that in half by the end of the year. And please send me some good vibes for a new management job that I applied for

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #358
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Everyone is doing well, Dave Ramsey would be proud! I cut up all the plastic in my purse the other day except for one just in case of emergency, because my emergency fund is not exactly fully funded yet! I am hoping to pay off the small amazon cc by the end of this month and I paid the last monthly payment on my daughter's trip a few days ago, so that frees up $300 a month to put toward debt. I have 10 debts in total and I am hoping to cut that in half by the end of the year. And please send me some good vibes for a new management job that I applied for

Definitely sending good vibes for the management position

I have never read Dave Ramsey, but what do they suggest should be in the emergency fund? How much?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #359
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I'm in!

DH and I put our credit cards away and are going cash only next little while. Just paid off a small cc balance with some extra $.

Cashed in some $$ that was sitting in a paypal account which will go towards debt when I get it!

Way to go everyone on this thread for sticking with it!
Congrats on paying off one cc! That's one less that you owe
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #360
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1

Definitely sending good vibes for the management position

I have never read Dave Ramsey, but what do they suggest should be in the emergency fund? How much?
He recommends $1000 to start with until you get rid of debt, them 3-6 months.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: