Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #316
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
We're going to go broke from all these races!

XO
Liz
Welcome to my world.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #317
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartankid34

Thank you for sharing your story! Very motivational! Right now the weight loss is most important, but I figure why not start training for something so I have another goal to look forward to!
What I found was using both goals really kept me focused. That not only aided weight loss, but also gave me more ways to see success! Good luck with your journey, wherever it leads!
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #318
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
Welcome to my world.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #319
sdmom3boys
Earning My Ears

DDD and C2C via W&D

3Hi - Subscribing and planning to run the Wine and Dine with DH after completing the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare for our C2C in 2013. So excited! These will both be our first Disney races. Have done a few 1/2 marathons before here locally in San Diego.

Last edited by sdmom3boys; 02-14-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Meant to say 2013
sdmom3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #320
disgrmgr
Earning My Ears

my first disney run

I really have no idea what to expect...I am open to ideas about how to prepare...I am proposing to my girlfriend after the race!
disgrmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #321
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Well, I started a blog. Check it out if you will! I promise this isn't any kind of spam or anything weird. www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #322
THKlovesDisney
Earning My Ears

We have been thinking for awhile about doing W&D half. It will be the last night we are there, my mom will be there to watch my young girls, so why not end it on a high note.

Add me to the list!!

Just booked January stay for the Goofy. 10 years after my first marathon at Disney, it will be my 10th full.
THKlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #323
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
Well, I started a blog. Check it out if you will! I promise this isn't any kind of spam or anything weird. www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Just checked out the blog Matt and I love it! What a great story! Neither the DH nor I could believe the pic at the bottom is the same guy as the one at the top! You go buddy. Can't wait to meet up with you and all the W&D Dis'ers again this year!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #324
sam9008
Earning My Ears

Hey guys - do you know if there will be a pre-registration period for Disney Visa cardholders and if there is how do you do it?
Do you think this race will sell out very quickly?

Also - will there be relays this year?
sam9008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #325
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9008
Hey guys - do you know if there will be a pre-registration period for Disney Visa cardholders and if there is how do you do it?

I don't think there is a pre-registration period. The word from last year is that it won't likely sell out as fast as Disneyland. And I don't know about relays for sure, but it doesn't mention it on the website and they removed the relay last year so I would say it doesn't look good.

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #326
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby

Just checked out the blog Matt and I love it! What a great story! Neither the DH nor I could believe the pic at the bottom is the same guy as the one at the top! You go buddy. Can't wait to meet up with you and all the W&D Dis'ers again this year!
Thanks! My next post about my first race of the year is up! Enjoy at your leisure, all!

www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #327
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrmgr View Post
I really have no idea what to expect...I am open to ideas about how to prepare...I am proposing to my girlfriend after the race!

Awww, congratulations, that's wonderful! This is my first half, too, and I'm super pumped! Have you checked out Jeff Galloway's training program on runDisney? I LOVE his program, and it's so easy to follow. I've been at it for a while, since I've been planning some 5Ks and a 10K before I do the half, and I don't find it as painful as I thought it would be.

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #328
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9008 View Post

The relay option returning for this race is highly unlikely. It caused too many logistical issues. If runDisney is planning on rehashing a relay race, I think it would be 2015 Chip & Dale.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #329
rebapple
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever booked with run with the mouse? I inquired with them and feel as though they have been a bit harass-y. Where have people found the best deals for All Star sports? I'm flying in Friday night and out Sunday morning. Just in for the race.
rebapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #330
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebapple View Post
Has anyone ever booked with run with the mouse? I inquired with them and feel as though they have been a bit harass-y. Where have people found the best deals for All Star sports? I'm flying in Friday night and out Sunday morning. Just in for the race.
I've never heard of them but you may want to try Mouse Fan Travel http://www.mousefantravel.com/. They're recommended by allears.net. I've never used a travel agent to book my Disney trips, but they really seem to have all the bases covered. I've read about someone who booked through them, and received an email stating they were able to get an ever lower rate as the agent checked and found a cheaper AAA rate. I guess they check rates on a daily basis, and if there's any way to discount your trip, they are right on it. I've already contacted them for this year's race and may book with them once it's confirmed which hotels will be the host resorts. They don't seem to be pushy at all and once I told them I was just waiting to see what the host resorts are, they replied simply stating they're looking forward to assisting with whatever I need when I'm ready. So far, I'm impressed with them. Just a suggestion...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: