Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
misstdiana
Earning My Ears

Trying to decide-Trip planned for August 2013

Hi, I am planning a trip for August 2013 for myself and my dd 14 and ds 10. We want to stay at AoA for 7 nights and do maybe the 5 day tickets for the parks or maybe 6 days I am not sure yet. I do want one day free to lounge around and relax since I will be driving from IL(chicago area) to Florida but most likely stop around Savannah Ga to see my son who lives in that are and then stop in Jacksonville to see my mom(family). Anyhoo back to my question. I was going to do a travel agent but then I realized the exact same quote I got I could do myself via the disney site. I want the DDP because we loved the convenience of that last time. Visited August 2012 and stayed at POP. Should I book the hotel myself(paying for the one day deposit) via the disney site, buy my tickets from UT with a code? and add the dining plan later? I can do that right? Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I of course want to do as cheap as possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
misstdiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

If you want the DDP your going to have to book a package. This means you can't buy your tickets later or from anywhere else. The only exceptions to this that I know of are 1.)if you own or are renting DVC. In this case they assume you could have APs you are using or 2.) You qualify for the military room discount where they let you get your tickets seperatley on base or through another military discount. The regular public must book all three if they want the DDP.

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
misstdiana
Earning My Ears

Ahhh thanks for the info. Since the prices are going up soon I suppose I better book soon. Trying to pay the least I can.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstdiana View Post
Ahhh thanks for the info. Since the prices are going up soon I suppose I better book soon. Trying to pay the least I can.
If you book for August right now, you'll be booking at the rack rate. That's not going to save you anything on room, ticket or dining plan prices. The only one of those that is set to increase soon is the ticket prices. Room and dining plan prices are set for 2013.

I would book now if I was sure that I wanted a package but I would keep my eye open for the August discounts. When they come out, go to the Disney website again and check the package price with the discount. If it's lower, you can call Disney to see if your package can be changed to the new pricing with the code.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
misstdiana
Earning My Ears

Thank you, I think I will just go ahead and book a package. If prices don't change I will not have lost anything but if they do I can call Disney and just have them adjust the price. Would you go with a travel agent or just do it yourself through Disney?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

If you can easily do this yourself, why not?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

There is also the spring promotion on right now where the hotel and tickets are discounted.
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: