Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Deal on Gel Manicure at Home Kit

This is a deal if you currently go to a salon to get Gel/Shellac manicures.

I have done salon Shellac manicures for special occasions (my wedding, vacation, new job, etc.) and when I find a deal on Groupon. They don't damage your nail and the polish stays fresh and shiny for 1-2 weeks with minimal chipping. Unlike a regular polish manicure which starts to chip in 1-2 days. They cost $25-35 by me, plus tip.

The Red Carpet Manicure Pro Starter Kit is available on Drugstore.com for $30 including shipping. It's currently selling on Amazon (with 4/5 star average review) for about $80. If this kit works out, it will pay for itself with only one use. Granted, as you use up the polishes, you would have to replace them.

First, click this link to get a "new customer" coupon for Drugstore.com. http://bounce.fatwallet.com/redirect...D3%26subid%3D0

Then, add this product to yoru cart and click the checkbox for the 50% off coupon. http://bounce.fatwallet.com/redirect...catid%3D293581

When you check out, the total should be $29.99.

(I heard about this deal on FatWallet...so credit goes to that site...)

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

i bought the sensationail kit with led light from cvs..it has changed my life hah no seriously i love the at home gel nail kit. i buy gelish colors from amazon/ebay or sallie beauty supply, they have turned out great and not 1 broken or chipped nail! i have been changing the color about once a week, just becuase i want to try out new shades

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I have this one and love it! That is a great price and I am going to try to get one for my BFF.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

The $10 fatwallet link isn't working. I did a search and couldn't find it, anyone know where it is on the net? TIA!

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by geishagirl81 View Post
The $10 fatwallet link isn't working. I did a search and couldn't find it, anyone know where it is on the net? TIA!
Go to RetailMeNot and type in Drugstore.com. It's the first coupon that should pop up. Only good for new customers.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
kellia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
i bought the sensationail kit with led light from cvs..it has changed my life hah no seriously i love the at home gel nail kit. i buy gelish colors from amazon/ebay or sallie beauty supply, they have turned out great and not 1 broken or chipped nail! i have been changing the color about once a week, just becuase i want to try out new shades
Do you think the Gelish works better than Sensationail? Do you just buy the Gelish color and still use the Sensationail top/bottom coats or just Gelish?
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
jd4nati
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellia

Do you think the Gelish works better than Sensationail? Do you just buy the Gelish color and still use the Sensationail top/bottom coats or just Gelish?
I can answer this. I have the sensationail kit and I too also use the led light with Gelish purchased from Amazon. Both products wear the same to me. I like Gelish for the price and color variety. A small bottle of sensationail (about half the size of a full bottle of nail polish) runs $12 at CVS whereas I can buy a full size bottle of Gelish for $12 on amazon.

The Gelish sold at Sallie Beauty is the half size bottle for $12 so Amazon is the way to go. I have also started wearing my regular nail polish over the gel base and finished by the gel top coat. Commonly known as the gel sandwich method it wears well and allows me to use my favorite non gel colors.

I have also mixed and matched base/top coat brands and polishes with sensationail and gelish and have had no issues.
jd4nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

yes i agree, i love the sensationail light, but the bottles are very small. i use the sensational ph bond, it will last a long time and the top/base coat lasted about 8 polishes. i love the gelish colors. i found some great clearance colors at sallie and have bought some off of ebay/amazon. the gelish base coat and top coat are seperate and i really love them, paid 21 for the two together on ebay. they will last a long time. gelish bottles on ebay average $15 for a .5 ounce bottle. sallie price for a .3 oz is 12.50 if your a member. got clearance bottles fro 2.50-5.00 a bottle this last weekend. check out chicklettes page, she does gelish swatches. never tried regular nailpolish with it, will have to try it out. also did my toenails for the first time and the light worked great. just an fyi led lights are the way to go, takes only 10-30 seconds per coat, uv lights take several minutes to cure each coat.

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

Gel polish

Iuse Jessica geleration polish it has fab colors i take some of my favorites to nail salon i get them on Amazon for $12 ilove their polish..the ladies at nail salon love the colors.
Tanzanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi. I did my nails last Saturday, and they still look like they were just done. I used the Sensationail kit. I love it! It was so simple to do. Thanks for the tips for other gel polishes that I could purchase. I'm going to have to check out Sally the next time i'm there.
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

PrincessPaczki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
kellia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4nati View Post
I can answer this. I have the sensationail kit and I too also use the led light with Gelish purchased from Amazon. Both products wear the same to me. I like Gelish for the price and color variety. A small bottle of sensationail (about half the size of a full bottle of nail polish) runs $12 at CVS whereas I can buy a full size bottle of Gelish for $12 on amazon.

The Gelish sold at Sallie Beauty is the half size bottle for $12 so Amazon is the way to go. I have also started wearing my regular nail polish over the gel base and finished by the gel top coat. Commonly known as the gel sandwich method it wears well and allows me to use my favorite non gel colors.

I have also mixed and matched base/top coat brands and polishes with sensationail and gelish and have had no issues.
Thanks for the info! I have been using Sensationail for a little over a month and love it! I was looking to get a new color and comparing prices, thanks so much for pointing out the Gelish on Amazon are full size bottles, I hadn't noticed that!

Now if only I can figure out how to get it off easier. I tried the cotton balls and tinfoil on nails this time, that didn't seem to get it off much easier.
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: