Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #286
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLVermillion View Post
At that % rate I am better just getting them when we get there, and saving tha gas money . Our trip is November so by then they might not even have the AFS tickets any way.
That is a very valid point about the gas, if he has a long drive you might just want to get them at the gate. Here is an example a 4-day hopper 14 day expire is just over $333 at the gate and about $305 on base. (you can see a full list of prices here)

Be aware though that many bases do not carry a full compliment of all Disney tickets and might have to order what you need so if you do go the on base route do it at least 2-3 weeks early to give them time to order the tickets if they need to.

We probably won't know till August if they will renew or not. But I think they will.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #287
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmith View Post
Hello All...We were planning (6 adults, 3 children) on coming the end of Oct, but DH is 100%service connected and can get military discount. I don't want to run the risk of the discount not renewing for 2013-14. It would be cheaper in the long run to book end of Sept and use military discount is what I am thinking. But other grandparent recommends the dining plan. If I book in Oct and then the discount continues can I apply military discount to that reservation?

What to do...any suggestions?
You can add the dining plan to a military-discounted room without adding tickets. It's a special package. The dining plan isn't discounted, but you can purchase it.

We've been in Sept several times and find it's one of the less-busy times of the year. By the end of Sept, they've started the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party events, and those are a lot of fun, too. The last several years they've had military-discounted tickets to some of the parties in Sept, so that would be another positive for visiting in Sept.

Also, since you said there would be 6 adults and 3 kids, just wanted to make sure you know that your husband will only be able to get 6 Military Salute tickets, so 3 of your party will have to buy regular tickets.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #288
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The only way a Service Member can purchase more than six Armed Forces Salute Tickets is if the SM has more than five dependents. And each age 10 or older must have their own DD1172 and be there when the tickets are activated. The only other way the group could get more than six is if the group includes two Service Members. In this situation the Spouse, unless also a SM, could not get tickets.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #289
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
That is a very valid point about the gas, if he has a long drive you might just want to get them at the gate. Here is an example a 4-day hopper 14 day expire is just over $333 at the gate and about $305 on base. (you can see a full list of prices here)

Be aware though that many bases do not carry a full compliment of all Disney tickets and might have to order what you need so if you do go the on base route do it at least 2-3 weeks early to give them time to order the tickets if they need to.

We probably won't know till August if they will renew or not. But I think they will.
Thank you for the link.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #290
k_null81
Mouseketeer

Deleted as found my answer....
K-

Last edited by k_null81; 02-02-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Found answer
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #291
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before. Last October we purchased three tickets for this new promotion, for DH (sponsor), DD, and myself. We only used two days on each ticket because we were hoping we could go back again this year. We now plan on going in May and will just use the remaining two days on each ticket. We are being joined by family members on this upcoming trip and I was wondering if we could puchase three more tickets, to be used by them.

When we bought the three tickets in October at SOG, we were told we could not purchase again during this promotion. I'm being told now that we can actually buy them at WDW, however, there is a question as to whether or not one of the tickets puchased in May would have to be used by the sponsor, which we don't want to do as we only planned on going for two days and using the tickets we already have for ourselves. Anyone know how this works?
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #292
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. Last October we purchased three tickets for this new promotion, for DH (sponsor), DD, and myself. We only used two days on each ticket because we were hoping we could go back again this year. We now plan on going in May and will just use the remaining two days on each ticket. We are being joined by family members on this upcoming trip and I was wondering if we could puchase three more tickets, to be used by them.

When we bought the three tickets in October at SOG, we were told we could not purchase again during this promotion. I'm being told now that we can actually buy them at WDW, however, there is a question as to whether or not one of the tickets puchased in May would have to be used by the sponsor, which we don't want to do as we only planned on going for two days and using the tickets we already have for ourselves. Anyone know how this works?
The single purchase was a very short lived part of this year's Salute, though some military resellers (like Shades) may still hold to that.

I think as long as your husband still has an active AFS ticket they'll let you activate the other three for your friends. Let me know if I'm wrong Cheshire.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #293
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The Disney rules allow purchases on different dates, as long as the total number of tickets purchased during the promotion is no more than six. And as one of the tickets already purchased is for the service member, I see no reason that the spouse cannot purchase (and/or activate) the remaining three.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #294
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Steve and Cheshire!
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #295
Iris
Not-so-secretly wishing to own the Disney Wonder
Loves her Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
The single purchase was a very short lived part of this year's Salute, though some military resellers (like Shades) may still hold to that.
Can anyone actually confirm if SOG will allow the purchase of more tickets? We went last November and only purchased two tickets because that is all we needed. We are going again this spring and we want to purchase another two tickets. We normally go over to SOG for the tickets since there is no tax but if they won't allow us to get more tickets, I would rather not waste the time to go over there and instead just get them at the park. Has anyone actually been able to purchase tickets at SOG on different occasions?

Formerly of #462 and #737 Disneyland-1967&1987 : Prior trips to WDW-1971,1975,1976,1981,1986,1991,Every year since 1994 Disney Wonder Cruises: 2001,2002,2003; Nov.3, 2004-DVC AKL (last trip as a CM~ )December 7-10, 2004 Pop with DD for 1st trip to Pop Warner ChampionshipsJune 2005-DVC SS; Dec. 8-11, 2005 All stars with DDs for Pop Warner ChampionshipsDec. 23, 2005 - Boardwalk~Christmas at WDW!! Royal Carribbean Cruise 2005July 6-13, 2006 ~ Boardwalk DVCDLR ~ February 17-22, 2007~1st time in 20 years!June 18-25, 2007~OKW DVC September 9-13,2007~AKL DVC;June 2008~OKW DVC;JUNE 2009~ OKW DVC September 2009~DVC WL; 2 trips in one year!;Aug29-Sept.5,2010-DVC OKW~Taking DD to WDW for CareerStart!!;December 9-15, 2010 @DVC SSR to see Steph! February 26-March 4, 2011~OKW DVC to see Steph as a Character Performer!!:May 11-16,2011~OKW DVC to help move Steph permanently to Florida!;June 22-27,2011-quick trip to see Steph;Oct. 13-22, 2011-Girls trip!;Dec.4-10, 2011~DVC SSR to see Steph in the castle show!,3/27-4/1/12~Off property to help Steph move!:Nov.8-13,2012~DVC-F&W5K&visit Steph!
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #296
mickeyinthehouse
Mouseketeer

Can someone enlighten me on what qualifies as retired military? My friend and I are planning a trip to Disney World and wondered if she could take advantage of the discounted tickets. Her husband was in the Marines prior to their marriage. I believe that he did not re-enlist after his first term so maybe he spent 6 years in the marines? They did not get married until after he was out. Is he considered retired military? If he is, she does not have a military spouse ID since they got married after he was no longer in the service. Is this something she can get since he would not be going with us on the trip?

TIA for anyone who may be able to answer.
mickeyinthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #297
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyinthehouse View Post
Can someone enlighten me on what qualifies as retired military? My friend and I are planning a trip to Disney World and wondered if she could take advantage of the discounted tickets. Her husband was in the Marines prior to their marriage. I believe that he did not re-enlist after his first term so maybe he spent 6 years in the marines? They did not get married until after he was out. Is he considered retired military? If he is, she does not have a military spouse ID since they got married after he was no longer in the service. Is this something she can get since he would not be going with us on the trip?

TIA for anyone who may be able to answer.
He is not "retired" - he is a veteran, but he is not "retired." To be retired, a servicemember has to have served 20 years (or less if "medically retired").

Sorry, your friend is not eligible for the discounted tickets.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #298
mickeyinthehouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
He is not "retired" - he is a veteran, but he is not "retired." To be retired, a servicemember has to have served 20 years (or less if "medically retired").

Sorry, your friend is not eligible for the discounted tickets.
Thank you for the clarification!!
mickeyinthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #299
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

After having the tickets activated, are we able to put them on our KTTW card, since we are staying on property?

Also, the tickets can be activated at the TTC correct?

Thanks for the info, sorry if this was asked before

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #300
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
After having the tickets activated, are we able to put them on our KTTW card, since we are staying on property?

Also, the tickets can be activated at the TTC correct?

Thanks for the info, sorry if this was asked before
No, unfortunately the Armed Forces Salute tickets can not be combined with KTTW.

And yes you can activate the AFS tickets at all park ticket/guest services windows (TTC, other theme and water parks) plus DTD guest relations, and Disney Quest.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: